pat2187
+0|6751
Pilots had it easy for too long. Air power was too overpowering in this game. The counter measures offered didn't do the job so now they pose a greater threat. Good pilots will adapt just like everyone else and overcome this new challenge. If anything this only enriches gameplay for all as the SAM sites become more important targets of opportunity. People will actually want to get in them and use them now. As it stood more often than not you'd see them empty and even fewer kills from them in any given round. So add another task to your Spec Ops list....denial of AA
jjrp02
+18|6646|Baton Rouge, LA, USA
I actually like the new aa lock better than the old one...

granted..it IS a bit better than I thought it was going to be...

the biggest plus about this is that it will pretty much put an end to base raping carriers, especially on Wake

not that I didn't mind base raping the carrier..I just hated when the carrier got raped even though we have cappable flags
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6689

Esker wrote:

By the same token then if you don't like AA and think it sucks...

http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/content … ulator.jpg

Fuck off and play a flight sim.
no thats the problem, aa was good you just dont know how to fucking use it and you obviosly cant dogfight worth of shit if your bitching about aa. learn how to use a jet and dogfight and own the other jets. if you dont have the skills then quit bitching and go get another game.
batman_psu
+3|6750
hate! hate!

and, trog, i know its a game.  i don't think it should be a real war simulator either.  i mean yeah, the developers are striving for that, but it can never be completely realistic.  but on the same note, people shouldn't be complaining about what AA can and can't do in real life as if they have even half a clue what they are talking about.  like they made the AA missiles or something.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

-=THC_RU=- wrote:

Thank you for making this game VERY unbalanced
So says the man with more airtime than ground time.  Only 10% groundkill versus vehicle kills.  I'd say that's more of an inbalance...
luckybaer
+10|6774| Going Feral
"Pilots had it easy for too long. Air power was too overpowering in this game. The counter measures offered didn't do the job so now they pose a greater threat. Good pilots will adapt just like everyone else and overcome this new challenge. If anything this only enriches gameplay for all as the SAM sites become more important targets of opportunity. People will actually want to get in them and use them now. As it stood more often than not you'd see them empty and even fewer kills from them in any given round. So add another task to your Spec Ops list....denial of AA"  - pat2187

Now, now, pat2187.  Why do you want to be such a voice of reason?  ;-)
.nsm
+-1|6647|Hackland
Just as long there is a way to evade the missiles, fine, the pilots who matter will work round it. Just as long as AA isn't completely and utterly impossible to evade then that's fine.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833

Guruz wrote:

QUIT. THE. FUCKING. WHINING.

If you find your oh-so-pleasurable jetwhoring really that hard, HOW ABOUT PLAYING WITH GROUND VEHICLES!
Or even as an infantry.. but that might be too much to ask from you whores.

- Mr. "8 different infantry weapons with 1000 kills"
I use to have respect for you Guruz.

This one post flushed it down the toilet.

Have you guys ever thought that maybe "Oh man, this AA is taking something away from these guys that they like to do"

I enjoy flying, by no means do I "whore." I don't constantly bomb runways, or do that kind of crap. I enjoy flying, dogfighting, bombing a spotted tank and getting a "thanks, I owe you one" message from three guys that were pinned down. Now I can't even help my team without getting bombarded with missles that I can't dodge, or in any way defend myself against. It is utter bullshit how good they made these missles.
You infantrymen can defend yourselves against jets, or atleast take evasive meneuvers.
1) learn how to use the AA (yes, pre 1.2 patch it was very much possible to kill jets if you know how.)
2) learn how to get in a jet(play smart and know when and when NOT to get in that jet) and shoot down a plane
3) hide in a building
4) Don't keep going to the same spot waiting for a tank/helo/jet.

If you start to say either [1]-"how about you learn how to evade the AA missles" or [2]- "pre 1.2 patch, jets took away what I like to do, infantry"

[1]-Well first of all, I am trying to learn how to evade the new AA missles, and so far, it seems nearly unbeatable.. a few lucky times you can dodge one missle but it finds it's way back to you.
[2]-and then, Jets did no such thing. Jets weren't all over the map. AA emplacements are. You can hide in buildings. Jets can't hide behind anything but the fog, but rogue missles will pierce that fog and find your ass. if you find it too hard to hid in buildings, don't play a map with air power. Jet pilots play maps with air power because they fly. Infantry play citymaps because it's mostly infantry based. Simple as that. No Jets have nowhere to roam. Thanks.
jjrp02

.nsm wrote:

Just as long there is a way to evade the missiles, fine, the pilots who matter will work round it. Just as long as AA isn't completely and utterly impossible to evade then that's fine.
<---- agrees with this
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6689

-iLL*NaYmL3sS wrote:

Esker wrote:

no thats the problem, aa was good you just dont know how to fucking use it and you obviosly cant dogfight worth of shit if your bitching about aa. learn how to use a jet and dogfight and own the other jets. if you dont have the skills then quit bitching and go get another game.
refer to this post dumbass
batman_psu
+3|6750

-iLL*NaYmL3sS wrote:

Esker wrote:

dude, your point is moot.  the patch is just about released (officially).  the AA is changed.  YOU'RE the one who has to quit bitching and get the skills now or go get another game.  read what you wrote and apply it to yourself.
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6689

batman_psu wrote:

-iLL*NaYmL3sS wrote:

Esker wrote:

dude, your point is moot.  the patch is just about released (officially).  the AA is changed.  YOU'RE the one who has to quit bitching and get the skills now or go get another game.  read what you wrote and apply it to yourself.
exactly like my other points i should have never been the one to have to look for another game, it should have been the whining bitches.
Mookie007
+0|6647

pat2187 wrote:

Pilots had it easy for too long. Air power was too overpowering in this game. The counter measures offered didn't do the job so now they pose a greater threat. Good pilots will adapt just like everyone else and overcome this new challenge. If anything this only enriches gameplay for all as the SAM sites become more important targets of opportunity. People will actually want to get in them and use them now. As it stood more often than not you'd see them empty and even fewer kills from them in any given round. So add another task to your Spec Ops list....denial of AA
Sorry, pat. but I'm ging to have to ask you to leave, as you can clearly see from the posts of one "-iLL*NaYmL3sS" this thread is for irrational thoughts, spewing forth copious amounts of profanity (including a disturbingly high usage of the word "bitch") and generally acting like a child. we dont need your kind in here messing it up for the rest of us, so why dont you go find another forum to type in!!!!

*shows Pat the door*
.nsm
+-1|6647|Hackland

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Guruz wrote:

QUIT. THE. FUCKING. WHINING.

If you find your oh-so-pleasurable jetwhoring really that hard, HOW ABOUT PLAYING WITH GROUND VEHICLES!
Or even as an infantry.. but that might be too much to ask from you whores.

- Mr. "8 different infantry weapons with 1000 kills"
I use to have respect for you Guruz.

This one post flushed it down the toilet.

Have you guys ever thought that maybe "Oh man, this AA is taking something away from these guys that they like to do"

I enjoy flying, by no means do I "whore." I don't constantly bomb runways, or do that kind of crap. I enjoy flying, dogfighting, bombing a spotted tank and getting a "thanks, I owe you one" message from three guys that were pinned down. Now I can't even help my team without getting bombarded with missles that I can't dodge, or in any way defend myself against. It is utter bullshit how good they made these missles.
You infantrymen can defend yourselves against jets, or atleast take evasive meneuvers.
1) learn how to use the AA (yes, pre 1.2 patch it was very much possible to kill jets if you know how.)
2) learn how to get in a jet(play smart and know when and when NOT to get in that jet) and shoot down a plane
3) hide in a building
4) Don't keep going to the same spot waiting for a tank/helo/jet.

If you start to say either [1]-"how about you learn how to evade the AA missles" or [2]- "pre 1.2 patch, jets took away what I like to do, infantry"

[1]-Well first of all, I am trying to learn how to evade the new AA missles, and so far, it seems nearly unbeatable.. a few lucky times you can dodge one missle but it finds it's way back to you.
[2]-and then, Jets did no such thing. Jets weren't all over the map. AA emplacements are. You can hide in buildings. Jets can't hide behind anything but the fog, but rogue missles will pierce that fog and find your ass. if you find it too hard to hid in buildings, don't play a map with air power. Jet pilots play maps with air power because they fly. Infantry play citymaps because it's mostly infantry based. Simple as that. No Jets have nowhere to roam. Thanks.
++++++++++++++Respect. (not that it means anything or matters lol)
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6689

Mookie007 wrote:

pat2187 wrote:

Sorry, pat. but I'm ging to have to ask you to leave, as you can clearly see from the posts of one "-iLL*NaYmL3sS" this thread is for irrational thoughts, spewing forth copious amounts of profanity (including a disturbingly high usage of the word "bitch") and generally acting like a child. we dont need your kind in here messing it up for the rest of us, so why dont you go find another forum to type in!!!!

*shows Pat the door*
your right dude. i apologize for my immaturity, but a great game has been ruined.
batman_psu
+3|6750
and also, to anyone that has some tips on AA before i update, what is the big secret on how to use AA?  and how come NO ONE seems to know it?  there are so many people out there that don't know that we got another patch just to fix it.  so someone has to have a clue on how to properly use AA. 

on a side note, i honestly think the WORST weapon in the game was the Phalanx on the USS Essex.  i could have it pinpointed on the nose of a jet that is flying directly at me, unload thousands of rounds into it and it still not destroy it?  i think that was bull.  every other weapon has about the right damage, but i was in shock the first time i hosed a jet with that thing and did nothing to it.
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6689
theres a guide here somewhere on using aa.
batman_psu
+3|6750
ok cool
jjrp02

batman_psu wrote:

and also, to anyone that has some tips on AA before i update, what is the big secret on how to use AA?  and how come NO ONE seems to know it?  there are so many people out there that don't know that we got another patch just to fix it.  so someone has to have a clue on how to properly use AA. 

on a side note, i honestly think the WORST weapon in the game was the Phalanx on the USS Essex.  i could have it pinpointed on the nose of a jet that is flying directly at me, unload thousands of rounds into it and it still not destroy it?  i think that was bull.  every other weapon has about the right damage, but i was in shock the first time i hosed a jet with that thing and did nothing to it.
pretty much the only thing AA was good for was taking out hovering helo's...and even that was a stretch since you probably needed to reload once in order to get it...besides that it was pure luck and HOPE that none of your own team's aircraft are nearby.

and on your side note..I totally agree. I would almost pull my hair out when I plaster a jet raping the carrier on Wake and the jet still had enough armor to get his few bullets off to kill me
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6689
not at all true. your just not using it right.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6788|Singapore

Aight. Me and and my mates have come up with this 'Plan' so far.

Stage 1 of learning to counter AA:

Taking out AA Batteries BEFORE you hit a target. Yes, they respawn, yes they're fucking accurate, but from experience you CAN take out the battery BEFORE he even gets a lockon on you heat signature. So take them out first. Just like combat IRL (Acecombat anyone?) AA BAtteries are the FIRST to be taken down, manned or unmanned.

Stage 2.

Bomb. land. Repair. Bomb.

No other way. You've seen how fast a bomber gets torn a new asshole. Learn to do it the hard way.

Stage 3.

90 Degree Dive gun. Blind. Go up 500 feet, dive 90 degrees, gun out the AA batteries then proceed to bomb. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Sadly, ATM there really is NO other way.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833
I find it funny that most of you haven't even PLAYED the patch and you're telling ME(somebody who has played both ends of the spectrum(AA side and Jet side) to stop whining and to "adapt" and "learn how to get away"
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833

polarbearz wrote:

Aight. Me and and my mates have come up with this 'Plan' so far.

Stage 1 of learning to counter AA:

Taking out AA Batteries BEFORE you hit a target. Yes, they respawn, yes they're fucking accurate, but from experience you CAN take out the battery BEFORE he even gets a lockon on you heat signature. So take them out first. Just like combat IRL (Acecombat anyone?) AA BAtteries are the FIRST to be taken down, manned or unmanned.

Stage 2.

Bomb. land. Repair. Bomb.

No other way. You've seen how fast a bomber gets torn a new asshole. Learn to do it the hard way.

Stage 3.

90 Degree Dive gun. Blind. Go up 500 feet, dive 90 degrees, gun out the AA batteries then proceed to bomb. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Sadly, ATM there really is NO other way.
Have you played on the patch yet? or are you talking about the video? If you have played the patch, and you've flown. you'd know that it isn't a "beep beep beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" lock anymore... it soudns more like a "beepbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"*dead*

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2006-02-14 10:21:40)

-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6689

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

I find it funny that most of you haven't even PLAYED the patch and you're telling ME(somebody who has played both ends of the spectrum(AA side and Jet side) to stop whining and to "adapt" and "learn how to get away"
^^^
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6788|Singapore

And put it this way, just last night I proved that carrier camping is NOT the way to earn points. On Dalian with ONE hand I outscored all the carrier camping j-10s. AND shot them down to boot. So fuck off if you think all plane wh0res are baserapers.

AA now is unbalanced. Period. Don't tell me it seperates the boys from the men. There really isn't a point to flying now that ANYTHING with a lock for more than 2 seconds WILL blow you out. I don't appreciate getting blown out of the air by any idiot who has NO idea how to dogfight but just follows or locks on from far.

Dogfighting truly is a lost art. Graduates from BF1942 Coral Sea will agree, at LEAST you needed skill to dogfight THEN.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard