Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|4736|Perth, Australia
Does the game scale in difficulty to more players?

Played with two mates and one of them almost always died early on after friendly firing us to about half health. So i'm wondering if it the game is more difficult this way or if it doesn't matter that he dies early?

Otherwise i'm liking it. It's been ages since i played this as a ut2k4 mod. Now to wait for more campaigns either official or custom.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|4878|So Cal

Rod Foxx wrote:

...

... Now to wait for more campaigns either official or custom.
Custom made maps ftw.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
SamTheMan
­
+341|3893|Stoke, England

FFLink wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

CammRobb wrote:


kinda got you there panzer
if different classes is only thing common with TF2, this game has something in common with FEW HUNDRED other games.

L4D is 4 vs. 4, this is 4 coop against AI.

Can I haz the cookie now?

And what comes to guns, those have been there since dawn of the genre.
Uhh... Really..?

Actually, this is more fitting:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q86/ … if_srs.jpg
lol
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|5495|Reality

Uzique wrote:

jesus fucking christ stop comparing the game to tf2 and l4d2 already.

if you can't see why it's fucking retarded then go stare at it in the mirror for a bit

and GIVE THE THREAD A BREAK
oops so sorry
totally unique game concept

scratch aliens, insert starship troopers
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5223
the point is that you can fucking compare every game to every other game EVER with such wide, general criteria.

team game... up to 4 player co-op? goal-orientated? progression through increasingly-difficult challenges?

MY MY WHAT THE FUCK THIS GAME JUST COPIED FIFA 2008 LEAGUE MODE!



discuss the fucking game and quit with the pointless, asinine, contribute-nothing 'comparisons', sherlock.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|5495|Reality
having never played FIFA 2008 i wouldn't know about that.
but generally speaking sports games don't involve killing hordes of whatever
so your point is flawed. you need to take some Exlax so you are so fucking constipated it is fucking up your thinking

and we are discussing the game and how contains many elements of several recent valve releases.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5223
those elements being 'NONE AT ALL' except for the source-engine sound samples...

drawing parallels between alien swarm and tf2/l4d2 is redefining the meaning of the word 'tenuous'.

cf. 'pointless'.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
tuckergustav
...
+1,590|4666|...

Well, floppy sent me an invite last night, but i declined as I felt like I should probably practice a bit before putting other player's "lives" at risk...lol.  Good thing, cuz I lost our medic fairly early on and we all got ambushed in a hallway as we just about simultaneously ran out of ammo...lmao. It's fun though. I think I will practice some more.
...
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,407|5494|FUCK UBISOFT

The class and leveling layout is far more similar to Killing Floor than anything else.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|5495|Reality

Uzique wrote:

those elements being 'NONE AT ALL' except for the source-engine sound samples...

drawing parallels between alien swarm and tf2/l4d2 is redefining the meaning of the word 'tenuous'.

cf. 'pointless'.
just because YOU can't see the parallels doesn't mean you get to bully people who do. and using a thesaurus with every post can't hide your vacuous nature
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,407|5494|FUCK UBISOFT

Stubbee wrote:

Uzique wrote:

those elements being 'NONE AT ALL' except for the source-engine sound samples...

drawing parallels between alien swarm and tf2/l4d2 is redefining the meaning of the word 'tenuous'.

cf. 'pointless'.
just because YOU can't see the parallels doesn't mean you get to bully people who do. and using a thesaurus with every post can't hide your vacuous nature
there are parallels. Do they matter? No.

Saying that Alien Swarm is like TF2 because it has classes is ridiculous. Why don't you compare it to virtually every other shooter game.

Wait a second, 4 player co-op survival? Left 4 Dead is the only other game ever to do that! Call the Plagiarism Police!

Making those comparisons simply makes you look like you've only ever played valve games.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|5407

Alien Swarm is like Minesweeper because you use a mouse and they are played on a computer, amirite?
Kez
Member
+778|4455|London, UK
looks good

77% dled
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,407|5494|FUCK UBISOFT

mtb0minime wrote:

Alien Swarm is like Minesweeper because you use a mouse and they are played on a computer, amirite?
they're also both free and in color.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|5220
Alien Swarm is kinda like Africa.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5223
the more and more i think about it... the more parallels i see between alien swarm and WORLD OF WARCRAFT

they both have classes... you have to party-up to kill fantastical monsters... team-work and cooperation is key, often with voice-communication... your specific kit-loadout and inventory is very important... you LEVEL UP... as you LEVEL UP you get more and more powerful gear that can kill harder enemies easier... you eventually unlock 'heroic' insane difficulty modes... there are healers... there are heavy-weapon tanks... there are high-dps snipers ala rogues... there are staged-boss fights that are focal points of the game-experience... they will keep on adding on additional content in the forms of more 'expansion pack' DLC...

WHAT THE FUCK WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST CALL IT WORLD OF ALIENCRAFT?!? SO MANY PARALLELS I AM GOING BLIIIIIND

also, PONG called. they want their mouse-based control system back, valve, you fucking PLAGIARIST CROOKS!

Last edited by Uzique (2010-07-20 14:44:41)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Brasso
member
+1,549|5382

unfunny bandwagon itt
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|4908|Vancouver | Canada
All set to use the lift on Insane.

https://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8323/asijac1landingbay020001.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+746|5437|United States of America
Fucking Christ. I can't beat the hard campaign with these random cuntbastards. Let's go, gents. I've already played with FFLink and Doctor Strangelove. I want to hear all your hilarious voices on the mics.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|5220

DesertFox- wrote:

Fucking Christ. I can't beat the hard campaign with these random cuntbastards. Let's go, gents. I've already played with FFLink and Doctor Strangelove. I want to hear all your hilarious voices on the mics.
I've been told I sound like Warman.
SamTheMan
­
+341|3893|Stoke, England
this is like killing floor meets torchlight but with aliens
FloppY_
­
+1,010|5038|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Holy fucknuts just completed hard campaign with pubbers

This game is awesome ^_^

(15 hours played already, 7 hours of sleep somewhere in the middle )

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-07-20 18:29:25)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Stimey
­
+786|4872|Ontario | Canada
if anyone wants to play add me

this game is cool, havent played anything like it before
­
­
­
­
­
­
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+746|5437|United States of America
Woot. Finally got my hard campaign done, too. Then promoted to start all over.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|4908|Vancouver | Canada

DesertFox- wrote:

Woot. Finally got my hard campaign done, too. Then promoted to start all over.
Same.

I figured I wanted the achievements for the earlier weapons anyways, so why not reset.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard