M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

IMPORTANT - SEE LATEST POST

Some of you may have heard of the idea before in the old thread for it. I've now deleted that one to prevent confusion with the original sign-up list.

I've decided to revisit this movie idea now that I have access to a server, courtesy of the generous guys who provided one for the JCC.

I've also asked Catbox if he could mod up a map for me as well, just to make it different.

The movie, as the title says, is based around the song Mad World. In appearance its similar to that old Gears trailer in that there's no sound effects, just the music. The idea is that we have a Marine running from one end of the Road Rage freeway to the other whilst passing through lots of fighting between the Marines and (possibly) the Chinese. The Marine breezes through these places without getting shot at, and doesnt shoot at anything himself. Essentially, he's not there.

I plan to have quite a bit of fighting going on at different points in the map, plus stuff happening in the background (jets, helos etc). For that reason I'm going to have to try and get a lot of people if I can.

Details for dates and so on aren't finalised yet as this is still early, but the days would either be a Saturday or Sunday, at 19:00GMT or 7:00pm UK time.

It will be scripted to an extent and there will have to be rules to ensure everything goes smoothly and quickly. So no messing around or anything (been there once and it caused ructions.)

So if you're interested, by all means let me know and I'll add you to the list

Ze List:
(27th)Kaptyn
Acerider
afsmadmax
Airwolf
Boomerjinks
CammRob - Has Mod
david363 - Has Mod
ebug9 - Has Mod
EatHamPie
EnemyOfAllkind - Has Mod
FatherTed
fyrestoof
HaiBai
justice - Has Mod
k30dxedle - Has Mod
KuSTaV
Laura
liquidat0r
Little BaBy JESUS - Has Mod
Metal-Eater-GR
mkxiii
pace51
Phatmatt - Has Mod
RDMC - Has Mod
RTHKI
SamTheMan - Has Mod
Snake - Has Mod
SplinterStrike -Has Mod
Sydney - Has Mod
Tazzenator - Has Mod
thepilot91 - Has Mod
The_Sniper_NM
Trotskygrad - Has Mod
Ultrafunkula - Has Mod
User007Gamer - Has Mod
xM0T0M4Nx

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2011-02-06 06:04:19)

Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6711|Scotland
Sign me up

x
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6402|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
In. Never got to do the last one.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5164|Markham, Ontario
Sign me up too...

I CALL A-10. Or if you could mod in an F-18, Q/A-5, or a Su-30 MKI, please

Actually, is it ok if we contribute ideas? How about on one section of the freeway, an f-18 passes by chasing a J-10? And then ten seconds later, while the marine is still running, the J-10 spins, and crashes ten feet away from him and the F-18 zooms by overhead? Or, on another section, a convoy of three Type 98's fires at an improvised USMC roadblock made of humvee's, mines, DPV's, and an Abrams, and blows it to hell. Then, the type 98 MBT's advance, and the minute they point their guns at the running marine, an A-10 rises in the backgroung, rolls, shoots his cannon and blows the convoy away?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

pace51 wrote:

Sign me up too...

I CALL A-10. Or if you could mod in an F-18, Q/A-5, or a Su-30 MKI, please

Actually, is it ok if we contribute ideas? How about on one section of the freeway, an f-18 passes by chasing a J-10? And then ten seconds later, while the marine is still running, the J-10 spins, and crashes ten feet away from him and the F-18 zooms by overhead? Or, on another section, a convoy of three Type 98's fires at an improvised USMC roadblock made of humvee's, mines, DPV's, and an Abrams, and blows it to hell. Then, the type 98 MBT's advance, and the minute they point their guns at the running marine, an A-10 rises in the backgroung, rolls, shoots his cannon and blows the convoy away?
Have to see how it goes and how it'll work with the route I've got laid out.
pace51
Boom?
Er, could u maybe post a pic of operation road rage with the marine route traced in red, and black spots indicating where skirmishes are taking place? Or just a map with the outlined route, so that we may contribute our layout ideas? I like the running marine idea, it sounds great. Would we see the fight from the marines eyes, or from above, like, a scout heli tracking the marines progress?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

pace51 wrote:

Er, could u maybe post a pic of operation road rage with the marine route traced in red, and black spots indicating where skirmishes are taking place? Or just a map with the outlined route, so that we may contribute our layout ideas? I like the running marine idea, it sounds great. Would we see the fight from the marines eyes, or from above, like, a scout heli tracking the marines progress?
Different angles. Some fixed, some moving. The Marine is not always the central subject in each frame either, but is always in frame.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6430|King Of The Islands

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/28748/route.PNG

This is the route through the map. Specific fighting/action points will be decided later, although I do have a vague outline.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6303

Sign me up
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6489

i'm looking forward to this, MOAB.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5991|Vortex Ring State
I'm in, depending on filming time (gonna be gone after June 26th
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
im down. quite happy to ground pound or fly a helo. pace stop trying to take over.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5991|Vortex Ring State
I can do either infantry or ground, don't put me in a heli or jet if you don't want to redo a lot of shoots.

oh and pace, let the man do his job
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6835|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Sounds awesome, I'm in.
SamTheMan
­
+341|5133|Stoke, England
in
pace51
Boom?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/52201/route%20ideas.jpg
RED= Air vehicles
Black= Infantry
Green= Ground vehicles
Blue= RIB's, Jet Ski's

These are some brainstorms of mine, maybe they'd be useful. I think RIB onslaughts under the bridges would add cool background skirmishes, and maybe some fighters circling the map on patrol would be awesome. If a carrier could be put into the map, that would also add a cool back ground effect. Maybe some intense front line infantry skirmishes near the houses.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

First thing that went through my head.
Laura
your girlfriend a freak like cirque du soleil
+149|5822|u fucking wot m8
If you're looking for more crew, sign me up!
https://i52.tinypic.com/98cz7p.png
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6166|Sydney | ♥

Would love to be involved
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6618|UK
Sounds like a great idea, if you can get enough people and pull it off.

I'm in.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6264
Count me in as always
Though I don't really know if I can make it... will let you know.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6402|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

pace51 wrote:

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/52201 … 0ideas.jpg
RED= Air vehicles
Black= Infantry
Green= Ground vehicles
Blue= RIB's, Jet Ski's

These are some brainstorms of mine, maybe they'd be useful. I think RIB onslaughts under the bridges would add cool background skirmishes, and maybe some fighters circling the map on patrol would be awesome. If a carrier could be put into the map, that would also add a cool back ground effect. Maybe some intense front line infantry skirmishes near the houses.
Pace...would you mind letting the director DIRECT? I'm guessing that if Gary wants help, he'll ask. This is his project.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire

Trotskygrad wrote:

I'm in, depending on filming time
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6835|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I call dibs on something airborne.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard