Shivan
+1|6655
same problem here, but i know wahts causing it
IF you guys had renamed your bf2.exe to something else to give a performance increase and didn't rename it back, the patch wouldn't have patched the .exe
i'm getting the 1.2 exe off someone else now and i'll let you know if it works
Shivan
+1|6655
yup, the 1.2 bf2.exe i got off someone else works a treat so some of you guys might wanna try that
JonskyGBR
+5|6678|England

xconrob wrote:

EcLiPsE#14 wrote:

i just installed the 1.2 patch and now both my SF and normal BF2 dont load...as soon as i click "start" it goes black as normal...but no "EA GAMES" thing and it just crashes back to desktop!!!...cant even get into the game anymore...any help??
exact same error with me wtf!!!!!!!!!
try going to

My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001 and delete the video.con file

I've had that problem before but not after patching, worth a try
EcLiPsE#14
+0|6827
i found out my problem...i neva had SF installed coz i dont play it often so i uninstalled it a while back...i reinstalled it to get the new unlocks...now after i installed it i patched 1.2 onto it...except i forgot to patch 1.12 first..."der"...so i uninstalled everything...installed BF2...patched1.03...installed SF...patched 1.12...then patched 1.2...works fine...1st Lieutenant ...L96A1 kicks arse!!! but im not going for a sniper badge so it doesn't matter lol...
ReVmAn
+0|6677|Where politics is not needed
Going to try 2night .... Fresh install of BF2 although I didn't change anything after the initial install. It pisses me off that you can get into this trouble just by installing a freakin' patch!!!

Last edited by ReVmAn (2006-02-15 01:42:11)

MrPredictable
+14|6691
Same thing was happening to me, but a complete reinstall and repatch made it all better.
ReVmAn
+0|6677|Where politics is not needed

marski wrote:

ReVmAn wrote:

Same problem here. Installed the official 1.2 patch and now BF2 wont start .... .I'm getting tired of all the probs I have with BF2
Me too... piece of shit!
Got it up and running. De-installed BF2 and SF. Then did a new install, but first got rid of al BF2 stuff on my HD! Then did a new fresh install, patched with the big 1.2 patch and voila! up and running.
Haven't tried installing SF, think I keep it at BF2 for now. Still pissed it took me so long just by applying a patch. EA/DICE should have done that better!

Last edited by ReVmAn (2006-02-15 13:49:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard