The Magic Mullet
+240|6417
Still on the run in the woods of Rothbury. How you can't find a man in 300 square foot of woodland is beyond me. "Tree... tree.... tree... fallen tree... man... tree... tree... wait, go back". Easy.

The reward is still at 10k. Apparently if he's not caught by the weekend it'll go to 20k and they'll call it a Raoul-over.

Sorry, that wasn't even Raoulmoately funny.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6511|Πάϊ
It had been thought that his main grievance was directed towards the police, but it has now emerged that members of the public could be at risk.
lol fucking cops suck at lying
ƒ³
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
oug what are you talking about... he wrote a 45-page missive declaring war on the northumberland police... not the public. there are even sentences saying that he isn't interested in harming members of the public, his problem is with the police and they will be the targets of his rage. police suck at lying? you suck at reading short articles, apparently.

the incidents have taken place over a much bigger area than 300sq. foot, also. it started in durham, look that up. it's almost an entire county - which still isn't big, considering - but it's not that surprising that they can't find one guy who is constantly moving. he seems to be pretty adept and capable of moving alone and surviving-rough... which i don't think they anticipated .
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6511|Πάϊ
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl … 556948.stm

now back off ye eloquent prick

Last edited by oug (2010-07-08 08:06:36)

ƒ³
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
yes, no shit... he shot his girlfriend, she's not a police officer!

and it's not unsurprising that other members of the public are 'at risk'. the point was that he snapped and went on a rampage because of the police, he directed all of his anger first-and-foremost at the police and declared a 'war' on the police forces. the police aren't lying, at all. if anything they're trying to minimize widespread-panic and minimize the risk of another innocent member of the public getting hurt. the police are the official targets - but it's not a great leap of the imagination to think that an armed madmen, living in the woods, is probably in a bad enough mental state to open fire on just about anybody that bothers him.

now how about you back off and stop dictating how our own national news is going... lol.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6511|Πάϊ
omg you nit!

sure bla bla bla you're right, we agree, ok.

but on top of it all the cops are obviously suggesting that something's changed and he now threatens the public as well as cops. Classic case of scaring people so that no cop hating bugger goes and helps him out!
ƒ³
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
It's incredibly hard to find one man that is hiding in the countryside.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6455|Tyne & Wear, England
SAS drafted in to help find him.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
jord
Help him how... escape to amsterdam?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
NI mountain cops have been called in lloooollll
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
he should dig a moat
Tu Stultus Es
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6619|UK

eleven bravo wrote:

he should dig a moat
zing!

He could be a long way from where he started, I suppose. So it's unsurprising that the authorities are struggling to find him. Then again, he speaks of "declaring war" on a specific police force, not the whole country - so he has reason to stay reasonably nearby.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum

liquidat0r wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

he should dig a moat
zing!

He could be a long way from where he started, I suppose. So it's unsurprising that the authorities are struggling to find him. Then again, he speaks of "declaring war" on a specific police force, not the whole country - so he has reason to stay reasonably nearby.
geographically where he is he could hide p. well. ravines/forests/moorland/caves etc. there's still a high probability he's within a days walk of where he was last seen.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6619|UK
With the SAS supposedly drafted in ... reminds me of a Chris Ryan book (or similar).
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum

liquidat0r wrote:

With the SAS supposedly drafted in ... reminds me of a Chris Ryan book (or similar).
have the daily mail made connections with al-q yet? i mean his name isn't terry smith or similar, i would have hoped they proved he went to school with osama binladen and hitler by now.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jord
Lancashire man I am ill testify to the impestous and ravanous war man can declare on nature.
jay_courage
Alive in a sea of mediocre
+131|5951|Carnoustie
Did anyone else find the police saying "you still have a life" a bit daft seeing as he will be done for murder, attempted murder and attempted murder of a police officer? If they catch him he'll never see daylight again
I Friggin Love The Nhs
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
well no it's not really silly is it considering the alternative is taking an SAS bullet to the forehead, double-tap style.

daft question really, isnt it.
jay_courage
+131|5951|Carnoustie
To be fair a man who has the capacity to attempt to kill 2 and kill one will never give up. They said he's already made up his mind whats going to happen
"However they are proceeding with extreme caution because Moat is engaged in a self-declared war on the police. His third victim was a traffic officer sitting in a patrol car and he has pledged to kill as many officers as he can."
I personally think this man will go down fighting
I Friggin Love The Nhs
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
no doubt... but you can understand their attempts at negotiation. the police are never going to DESIRE a high-profile, media-frenzied assassination of a man, are they. not that it doesn't look very good... but they're going to try and exercise all due caution and reasonability to give him 'fair justice' as opposed to going out live-on-television, guns blazing.
jay_courage
+131|5951|Carnoustie
yeah I can fully see your point, I believe the americans call it "death by cop"
I Friggin Love The Nhs
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
the cops/armed forces have a tendency to get a little excited, like over-eager schoolchildren, whenever a major news-story or media frenzy like this goes down... they get all whipped up in the moment and perhaps a little trigger-happy. however, that's not so much my point... more to the point is the fact that if this guy does get shot and killed (with the necessary reasonable application of force), you can bet there will be a lobby-group or a vocal minority somewhere that will speak-up for him and call it 'unnecessary'. there's always people that want to use major public stories to try and push their human/civil rights agenda or police-brutality complaints or something. they'll dig up mental-health records on him and whatnot and before you know it, an over-zealous police force will be reprimanded for the cruel slaughter of a mentally-deranged man, who could have been 'reasonably' subdued with non-lethal force. they're playing it by the book at the moment and trying to be as gentle and methodical about their man-hunt as possible. fair play to them: game on.
jord
Raoul? What a fitting, classic serial killer name. He cannot have been named that at birth.
jay_courage
+131|5951|Carnoustie
game on indeed
I Friggin Love The Nhs
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
meet raoul:

https://slog.thestranger.com/files/2008/05/thompson_hunters_320x240.jpg

armed and dangerous, as you'd expect.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard