• Index » 
  • BF3S.com » 
  • News » 
  • Are multiple Chats threads necessary? And why the AU Chat was closed.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
let the aussies have their fun, no one cares about them anyway
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
eleven bravo
+1,399|5230|foggy bottom
you know a forum is dead when people talk about the forum soap opera more than they do any other topic
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5208|Cleveland, Ohio
yet its open.  uwotm8
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
I've lost interest already, just make a decision and do it. Don't let this turn into that 20 page thread on fixing dst.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

bf2s should just be one big thread
jord
bf2s should have had a chat box at the bottom.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5230|foggy bottom
wootsauce
Tu Stultus Es
jord
o/
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6482|Gold Coast
Ummm, wtf.

Why is it closed?
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

my logic regarding the chat threads is this - the AU chat thread was open because of the sheer amount of posts in the thread.  Now that the original thread was closed, they don't need their own 'chat' thread.  It was originally supposed to be a thread for their server - it outgrew that purpose and simply became a meeting point for the aussie members - then it outgrew that and became just another chat thread that everyone was posting in.  Since the original was closed I really see no point in creating another one.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
literally why the shit does it matter. the aussies are rather happy to sit in AU chats, and aside from reaps they rarely venture much further. a few have already expressed opinions on leaving bf2s if AU chats closes...a site this old and disconnected from it's original purpose (discussing bf2) can hardly afford to lose members. give them AU chats mark whatever, close it when it gets too big and open a new one. not fucking hard.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6482|Gold Coast
Ah ha. Thats fine enough, but its not like the new thread is causing any harm.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

what's the point of having members if they only post in chat threads?  there is no purpose
11 Bravo
Banned
lol opened again.  i agree with ken but you mods look like a gaggle of unorganized idiots right now tbh.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

what's the point of having members if they only post in chat threads?  there is no purpose
What's the point of having members if we're not all discussing BF2, the namesake of the friggin site.

Oh yeah, that's because the site has a lot more facets to it than that. This is simply another.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Gee slick, maybe because 75% of us don't give a rip about the game anymore.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK
KJ didn't say anything about bf2 ...
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command

liquidat0r wrote:

KJ didn't say anything about bf2 ...
The point of the various (hat threads are for people to post about whatever they feel like.

bf2 is a relic. bf2s.com is a community website. The main reason people come here is for the game, but the reason they stay is for the community.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

We're all in such different timezones that it usually winds up being Aussies talking to Aussies in the regular EE Chat anyway.

There's a need for only one chat thread, the rest are redundant. Keeping the spam and banter to one thread and away from the others isn't accomplished when there are multiple spam threads. Is it not true that when a thread becomes inundated with spam it gets closed?

Ken hit the nail on the head here.

My comment regarding the sense of entitlement was in jest the first time. But it's entirely true and it's gotten a bit more serious. The first AU Chat had a good run and was a success, but now that it's been closed for technical reasons, there's absolutely no need for a Part 2 when the regular EE Chats will suffice.
11 Bravo
Banned
ken got overridden again so it seems
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6692|Sydney, Australia

11 Bravo wrote:

ken got overridden again so it seems
Ken reopened the AU thread.
11 Bravo
Banned
after closing it twice?  oh ok.  that makes sense.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6692|Sydney, Australia

KEN-JENNINGS, 5 hours ago in the mod forum wrote:

**edit** reopened the other chat thread as I read the link in this OP.
11 Bravo
Banned
still makes no sense since he is correct
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
end ee chats and au/eu/us chats, tbh.

they only give an 'illusion' of activity and forum life. force people to actually post in actual threads discussing an actual topic again.

these forums have lost all focus and are no longer even 'discussion boards', it's more like a NON-instant messaging platform.

so many trite, banal conversations that nobody wants to scroll through... and why visit for that? petty habit, nothing more.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
  • Index » 
  • BF3S.com » 
  • News » 
  • Are multiple Chats threads necessary? And why the AU Chat was closed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard