Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
tazz.
oz.
+1,310|3675|Sydney | ♥

BF2 login servers went down, your only way now is through http://battlelog.co/

BF3 is still some good krom.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,592|3606|eXtreme to the maX
https://memecrunch.com/meme/3HZSE/i-m-melting/image.png?w=400&c=1
Your virus system is infected with windows. Please to be giving me your credit card details urgently
KuSTaV
noice
+947|4011|Gold Coast
m8s
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|3486|Aus, Qld
M8
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
KuSTaV
noice
+947|4011|Gold Coast
bak

what are you up to thesedays?
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|3486|Aus, Qld
Not much, work work work work, BF4, work work, uni this year too

you?

Last edited by bakinacake (2016-01-11 22:35:52)

https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
KuSTaV
noice
+947|4011|Gold Coast
sweet FA. Gotta find a job, cant find shit atm.

Where are you working at? What are you studying?
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|3486|Aus, Qld
Working at YBAF @ the school I trained at. Also pumping gas at YBAF. Dat instructor rating.

Going to UQ part timesies to study arts, gonna do history + Int. Rel for interest. Figured I'd start now otherwise I'd never get the opportunity.

You thinking of going out west/north?
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
Adams_BJ
Warman is a hermaphrodite.
+2,022|4123|Little Bentcock
you flying upside down yet cake?
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|3486|Aus, Qld
Have, but not on a regular basis, students get upset if I try.

People try and kill me on the daily, so i've got that going for me, which is nice.
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
KuSTaV
noice
+947|4011|Gold Coast
oh thats awesome. So you're an instructor now or working on it? How the hell did you get into pumping gas up there? Down at YBCG theres a bunch of career dudes in the trucks that drive around - is that what you do too?

A double degree just for interest? Lol shit son youre going to be busy as fuck haha. When do you expect to finish?

You thinking of going out west/north?
Yeah but as always its always who you know, or having a buttload of hours which I lack. I dont even have 200TT. Got the CPL, MEIR, RU and MPPC but fuck all hours. I figured to even get my foot in the door anywhere I need at least 300, as well as some C200 time. But at the moment without a job and without anything to really focus on I'm just bumming around. I heard of a job out west but the details were a bit vague and it was word of mouth - friend of a friend passing info on so I guess I'll just be cold calling places in the area.

I thought about starting a UAV photography business in the meantime but there is a shitload to do.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|3486|Aus, Qld

KuSTaV wrote:

oh thats awesome. So you're an instructor now or working on it? How the hell did you get into pumping gas up there? Down at YBCG theres a bunch of career dudes in the trucks that drive around - is that what you do too?

A double degree just for interest? Lol shit son youre going to be busy as fuck haha. When do you expect to finish?

You thinking of going out west/north?
Yeah but as always its always who you know, or having a buttload of hours which I lack. I dont even have 200TT. Got the CPL, MEIR, RU and MPPC but fuck all hours. I figured to even get my foot in the door anywhere I need at least 300, as well as some C200 time. But at the moment without a job and without anything to really focus on I'm just bumming around. I heard of a job out west but the details were a bit vague and it was word of mouth - friend of a friend passing info on so I guess I'll just be cold calling places in the area.

I thought about starting a UAV photography business in the meantime but there is a shitload to do.
Yes GR3 atm, got the rating in august, did it up at YRED.

Major + minor, single degree.

Yeah basically, situation a bit different at YBAF, my company (same one that spilled oil in the gulf) mainly work with a bunch of casual/part time staff, so its a couple of days a week atm. Got into it by knowing the guy that runs the franchise(?), needed extra staff and the rest is history.

Yeah true about knowing people, I've seen places up near like kunnanara looking for 200 series pilots, wanting 1000 TT+. Ridiclious. If you're going to cold call you may as well go in person, I personally know 3 guys who went in person on a big trip camping all the way around. One of them did the instructor rating with me because no-one wanted anyone without a GR3. Guess its the industry at the moment. If VA + Qlink start hiring again though (not holding my breath) might open up some space at the bottom.

I've gotta do an IPC now my ME/IR expired itself, however no partenavias at my school owner sold 2! in a week. Not brave enough to go in the baron though haha, also too poor.
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|3486|Aus, Qld
Also which ATO did you use to do your tests?
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
KuSTaV
noice
+947|4011|Gold Coast

bakinacake wrote:

Yes GR3 atm, got the rating in august, did it up at YRED.

Major + minor, single degree.

Yeah basically, situation a bit different at YBAF, my company (same one that spilled oil in the gulf) mainly work with a bunch of casual/part time staff, so its a couple of days a week atm. Got into it by knowing the guy that runs the franchise(?), needed extra staff and the rest is history.

Yeah true about knowing people, I've seen places up near like kunnanara looking for 200 series pilots, wanting 1000 TT+. Ridiclious. If you're going to cold call you may as well go in person, I personally know 3 guys who went in person on a big trip camping all the way around. One of them did the instructor rating with me because no-one wanted anyone without a GR3. Guess its the industry at the moment. If VA + Qlink start hiring again though (not holding my breath) might open up some space at the bottom.

I've gotta do an IPC now my ME/IR expired itself, however no partenavias at my school owner sold 2! in a week. Not brave enough to go in the baron though haha, also too poor.
Ah righto. That'd be a sweet gig.


Yeah thats what I was planning on doing. The whole rounds in a campervan or something and not coming back to SEQ, but it seems like all I hear is people not getting far. I was chatting to some dude who said that theres a bunch from RQAC that were planning on going november/december, but I havent heard how they went so I might see if he has heard anything.

QLink were hiring a few months ago werent they? They were looking for a few crash-8 pilots after ~60 fucked off to cathay from what I heard.

I was also chatting to another guy I know who flies out of YRED and he said he's having a hard time finding any twin jobs - and even charter stuff out west is hard to get as a ~1000hr pilot, but he doesnt want to be fucking around in a 206 out west for fuck all money in bumfuck nowhere. Whereas I'd kill for that job haha.
One of them did the instructor rating with me because no-one wanted anyone without a GR3
You mean as a charter guy ? If so thats a bit fucked.

Shit, whos buying up those bloody P68s? I havent flown them but Ive heard they're shithouse. That baron pic you posted on FB looked sexy as fuck. Would love to fly one of em.

Whats it like flying IFR out of YBAF?

Also which ATO did you use to do your tests?
Wont type his full name in case someone does some googling but I did it with Merv. He's pretty chilled out, but emphasises the important shit. Didnt tall much, just the way I like it.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|3486|Aus, Qld

KuSTaV wrote:

bakinacake wrote:

Yes GR3 atm, got the rating in august, did it up at YRED.

Major + minor, single degree.

Yeah basically, situation a bit different at YBAF, my company (same one that spilled oil in the gulf) mainly work with a bunch of casual/part time staff, so its a couple of days a week atm. Got into it by knowing the guy that runs the franchise(?), needed extra staff and the rest is history.

Yeah true about knowing people, I've seen places up near like kunnanara looking for 200 series pilots, wanting 1000 TT+. Ridiclious. If you're going to cold call you may as well go in person, I personally know 3 guys who went in person on a big trip camping all the way around. One of them did the instructor rating with me because no-one wanted anyone without a GR3. Guess its the industry at the moment. If VA + Qlink start hiring again though (not holding my breath) might open up some space at the bottom.

I've gotta do an IPC now my ME/IR expired itself, however no partenavias at my school owner sold 2! in a week. Not brave enough to go in the baron though haha, also too poor.
Ah righto. That'd be a sweet gig.


Yeah thats what I was planning on doing. The whole rounds in a campervan or something and not coming back to SEQ, but it seems like all I hear is people not getting far. I was chatting to some dude who said that theres a bunch from RQAC that were planning on going november/december, but I havent heard how they went so I might see if he has heard anything.

QLink were hiring a few months ago werent they? They were looking for a few crash-8 pilots after ~60 fucked off to cathay from what I heard.

I was also chatting to another guy I know who flies out of YRED and he said he's having a hard time finding any twin jobs - and even charter stuff out west is hard to get as a ~1000hr pilot, but he doesnt want to be fucking around in a 206 out west for fuck all money in bumfuck nowhere. Whereas I'd kill for that job haha.
One of them did the instructor rating with me because no-one wanted anyone without a GR3
You mean as a charter guy ? If so thats a bit fucked.

Shit, whos buying up those bloody P68s? I havent flown them but Ive heard they're shithouse. That baron pic you posted on FB looked sexy as fuck. Would love to fly one of em.

Whats it like flying IFR out of YBAF?

Also which ATO did you use to do your tests?
Wont type his full name in case someone does some googling but I did it with Merv. He's pretty chilled out, but emphasises the important shit. Didnt tall much, just the way I like it.
Dunno anything about the AAA guys going, but worth a shot going with some others if you can.

Yeah but no, 'hired' a bunch of people and pulled the plug half way through the Dash type rating, you know usual stuff. Doubtful they'll be doing any more in the next year or so, at least all the way through. The application process opens up every now and then but its just to get you on file etc.

Yeah, and sadly there's heaps more like you (us) that would, and unfortunately employers are taking advantage of young guys/gals looking for work.

Yeah, most operators run CHTR + AWK and want someone to fill both boxes. No point hiring someone who doesn't when total staff is less than 10 etc.

1 went to WA and the other Solomons. They're actually great, much nicer and useful! than a dutchess, seneca, twin tecnam (lol) etc. can actually take 5-6 people and full tanks, useful for survey etc. They're not quick but they're not a CHTR A/C, more for AWK. Cheap and slow, great for ME/IR.

Yeah that's a nice BE58, only did 1.0 ICUS but when I get this IPC done hopefully some more in the future, we'll see.

Not too bad, not really a big deal. I haven't done any IFR CHTR or anything, only VFR scenics in 172/182. So can't really comment. Normal IFR is fine though, not a big deal, probably easier to get in/out than CG.

Merv's good.

Last edited by bakinacake (2016-01-14 19:05:58)

https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
KuSTaV
noice
+947|4011|Gold Coast

bakinacake wrote:

Dunno anything about the AAA guys going, but worth a shot going with some others if you can.

Yeah but no, 'hired' a bunch of people and pulled the plug half way through the Dash type rating, you know usual stuff. Doubtful they'll be doing any more in the next year or so, at least all the way through. The application process opens up every now and then but its just to get you on file etc.

Yeah, and sadly there's heaps more like you (us) that would, and unfortunately employers are taking advantage of young guys/gals looking for work.

Yeah, most operators run CHTR + AWK and want someone to fill both boxes. No point hiring someone who doesn't when total staff is less than 10 etc.

1 went to WA and the other Solomons. They're actually great, much nicer and useful! than a dutchess, seneca, twin tecnam (lol) etc. can actually take 5-6 people and full tanks, useful for survey etc. They're not quick but they're not a CHTR A/C, more for AWK. Cheap and slow, great for ME/IR.

Yeah that's a nice BE58, only did 1.0 ICUS but when I get this IPC done hopefully some more in the future, we'll see.

Not too bad, not really a big deal. I haven't done any IFR CHTR or anything, only VFR scenics in 172/182. So can't really comment. Normal IFR is fine though, not a big deal, probably easier to get in/out than CG.

Merv's good.
Forgot I posted here haha.


Yeah seems to be the case - I saw an ad on AFAP about a place in one of the aboriginal areas. They wanted someone to sit around for 6 months before even touching the planes. I'm desperate, but not 'wait 6 months and work for nothing then get fired' desperate.

If I ever win the lotto, I reckon a Baron is the way to go.

You end up in a kingair? How was that? I saw that facebook pic that you got tagged in.

For IFR, CG during towered hours is pretty easy actually. Gold Coast 3 departure is a piece of piss. When its class G below 3500... thats when the real flying begins haha.

Who'd you do the scenics with? The flight school? Thats pretty cool. 

I'm actually starting my instructors rating on monday down here. What was yours like? Any advice? Have to do any remedials? How many hours you do it in?

Last edited by KuSTaV (2016-02-13 05:13:52)

noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,592|3606|eXtreme to the maX
South Australia is the bodies in barrels capital of the world.

Why can't backpackers learn this?
Your virus system is infected with windows. Please to be giving me your credit card details urgently
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|2678|Sydney
What's the best way to exchange AUD for EUR in Sydney?

Going to Europe for nine weeks at the end of June and want to get the best rate possible, obviously.
tazz.
oz.
+1,310|3675|Sydney | ♥

Anyway you do it you're gonna cop a fee

Banks now have travelers cards now though so you don't have to carry cash. Nab do one with free atm withdrawals, it's not bad.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,592|3606|eXtreme to the maX
Open a Euro account somewhere and use Ozforex.

Or just use you visa card, generally you get the midpoint between the buy/sell rates, plus a percentage fee. Generally I think this works out best.
You can check it here.
https://www.visaeurope.com/making-payme … ange-rates

I'm not sure if your bank card will work too. Ask your bank. These are better for cash as Visa has a cash fee.

Between exchanging a load of cash or carrying a few cards and spending what I need I prefer the cards.
Your virus system is infected with windows. Please to be giving me your credit card details urgently
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|2678|Sydney
Turns out Citibank is the one to go with. Fee free transfers and no ATM fees overseas when using theirs or an affiliated ATM. They also have a better exchange rate than the big four. And there are no account fees.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,592|3606|eXtreme to the maX
This could provoke a revolution.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-36423824
Your virus system is infected with windows. Please to be giving me your credit card details urgently
CC-Marley
THE FLYING DRAGONS...THE ULTIMATE TERRORISTS
+406|4329|CapeCod, Ma.

Adams_BJ wrote:

Straight outa compton
Crazy Mutha Fucka named Ice Cube!
Adams_BJ
Warman is a hermaphrodite.
+2,022|4123|Little Bentcock
Holla
KuSTaV
noice
+947|4011|Gold Coast
m8s
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2017 Jeff Minard