Reciprocity
+721|6604|the dank(super) side of Oregon
My advise is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir!
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6799|Moscow, Russia

Cybargs wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

get a job, comrade.
i got one, thank you.
You must hate it a lot.
no, not really. just the part that actually makes it my job.

Last edited by Shahter (2010-07-02 00:04:38)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6521

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Shahter wrote:

i got one, thank you.
You must hate it a lot.
so, you like sex, you just hate gettin paid for it?
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5261|Cleveland, Ohio

Shahter wrote:

love how some poor bastards who just can't cope with the fact that thay are being worked by the system.
everyone is worked by the system every day in many many many ways.  in the US, we are told to drink lots of milk.  milk is terrible for you.  whole milk has more saturated fat that an order of french fries.  we are told to drink orange juice.  so much sugar is added to that shit.  its like a cup of sugar water.  bacon and eggs...all for breakfast. same with cereal....most loaded with salt and sugar.  none is this as a whole is healthy for you.  same with meat.  but, why is this stuff shoved in our faces?  the govt subsidises farmers.  its huge industry for most states so we get fed (literally) shit as a child and get brainwashed into thinking this is what you need to eat for breakfast.

what about marriage?  another man made institution that fails at least half of the time.  and of the half it doesnt fail half of them stay together because of kids or financial reasons.  they also convinced women that they need expensive rings.  huge industry there also.  all done with marketing to get your money.  hence a scam.  same with housing. 

so, as you can see your whole day is one big brainwash.
jord
+2,382|6702|The North, beyond the wall.
Only the west in Brainswashed by the media though.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6799|Moscow, Russia

burnzz wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

You must hate it a lot.
not quite like that. i'd hate the enjoyment of me having sex dependant on how much i get paid for it.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6645|London, England

11 Bravo wrote:

Shahter wrote:

love how some poor bastards who just can't cope with the fact that thay are being worked by the system.
everyone is worked by the system every day in many many many ways.  in the US, we are told to drink lots of milk.  milk is terrible for you.  whole milk has more saturated fat that an order of french fries.  we are told to drink orange juice.  so much sugar is added to that shit.  its like a cup of sugar water.  bacon and eggs...all for breakfast. same with cereal....most loaded with salt and sugar.  none is this as a whole is healthy for you.  same with meat.  but, why is this stuff shoved in our faces?  the govt subsidises farmers.  its huge industry for most states so we get fed (literally) shit as a child and get brainwashed into thinking this is what you need to eat for breakfast.

what about marriage?  another man made institution that fails at least half of the time.  and of the half it doesnt fail half of them stay together because of kids or financial reasons.  they also convinced women that they need expensive rings.  huge industry there also.  all done with marketing to get your money.  hence a scam.  same with housing. 

hello there ATG

no but really, i haven't read a post of you that i can agree more with than with this
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6799|Moscow, Russia

11 Bravo wrote:

Shahter wrote:

undoubtedly. so you say we all simply roll over and try to convince ourselves that being worked is enjoyable, huh?

Last edited by Shahter (2010-07-02 08:01:22)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5202|Sydney
Uhh... work is a choice dude. Something I don't think you understand. It's your choice to find a job you like and pursue it.
I just did 24 hours straight at my work (including sleepover, which is part of my job) and it was great. Noone convinced me of this, indeed it's considered to be more the norm to complain or at least feel resigned to having worked so long. So if anything this perception I have consciously chosen is my own and goes against any "brainwashing" that you may think occurs.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6790|UK

Shahter wrote:

burnzz wrote:

Shahter wrote:

not quite like that. i'd hate the enjoyment of me having sex dependant on how much i get paid for it.
How fun my job is isn't dependent on how much im paid, I get paid fuck all compared to what I could be doing but I love my job. Your point is ignorant and moot.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6799|Moscow, Russia

Vilham wrote:

Shahter wrote:

burnzz wrote:

How fun my job is isn't dependent on how much im paid, I get paid fuck all compared to what I could be doing but I love my job. Your point is ignorant and moot.
then why don't you just quit and start working on those "games you always dremt of"?

Last edited by Shahter (2010-07-02 08:15:26)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5283|foggy bottom
I dont think you realize how much of a silly marxist you are making yourself look like
Tu Stultus Es
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6799|Moscow, Russia

eleven bravo wrote:

I dont think you realize how much of a silly marxist you are making yourself look like
i don't think you realise that what i'm arguing here has nothing to do with marxism.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5283|foggy bottom
Workers of the world unite!!
Tu Stultus Es
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6154|North Tonawanda, NY

Shahter wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Shahter wrote:

then why don't you just quit and start working of those "games you always dremt of"?
He works doing what he loves.  If he didn't need to worry about money, he would do more of what he loves.  What's so hard to get about that?  The man needs to get paid and he enjoys the process.  The fact that he would do MORE of this without worry for money just proves it.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5283|foggy bottom
The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5261|Cleveland, Ohio
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
must...crush...capitalism!
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5202|Sydney

SenorToenails wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Vilham wrote:

then why don't you just quit and start working of those "games you always dremt of"?
He works doing what he loves.  If he didn't need to worry about money, he would do more of what he loves.  What's so hard to get about that?  The man needs to get paid and he enjoys the process.  The fact that he would do MORE of this without worry for money just proves it.
Exactly. I could get a much better paying job than I do now, but I love my work and don't want to change it. Some people are really a bit too dense to realise these things however. Any open minded person would go "oh really? Well that's new to me, I always thought that people were brainwashed into working, but apparently that's not true for everyone".

Of course, not everyone here is open minded in most concepts of the term...
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6799|Moscow, Russia

SenorToenails wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Vilham wrote:

He works doing what he loves.  If he didn't need to worry about money, he would do more of what he loves.  What's so hard to get about that?
nothing. you've just agreed with me. work is nothing more than a necessary piece of crap each of us has to endure to make a living. those who don't need - don't work, unless their bains have been fried especially hard with all the bullshit about how work can make one "progress" and "develop". simple.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6761|Oxferd Ohire

Shahter wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Shahter wrote:

He works doing what he loves.  If he didn't need to worry about money, he would do more of what he loves.  What's so hard to get about that?
nothing. you've just agreed with me. work is nothing more than a necessary piece of crap each of us has to endure to make a living. those who don't need - don't work, unless their bains have been fried especially hard with all the bullshit about how work can make one "progress" and "develop". simple.
if the person loves doing the work then it isnt a "piece of crap each of us has to endure".
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6790|UK
Because for now im very happy doing what im doing, getting experience making contacts within the industry. At some point I probably will branch out into indie games with mates.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Shahter wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Where, exactly, did I agree with you?
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6799|Moscow, Russia

RTHKI wrote:

Shahter wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

if the person loves doing the work then it isnt a "piece of crap each of us has to endure".

Shahter wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

1) Figure out what you enjoy, figure out a way to get paid doing it.
... and introduce an irrepairable flaw to all this by adding an additional measure of success by which the result of one doing stuff he enjoys would never be satisfactory? absurd.
stop fucking bombarding me with the same nonsence, would you kindly?
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6799|Moscow, Russia

SenorToenails wrote:

Shahter wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Where, exactly, did I agree with you?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard