FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6682|Devon, England
http://msftkitchen.com/2010/06/windows- … ealed.html

Still reading through it. I don't like how they seem to constantly look at how Apple are doing things. I like Windows because it's not OSX, and I don't like OSX because it's not Windows. Hope they don't retard it up too much.
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6704|US
good lord. wtf are they planning the next OS already? win7 is apparently a lot better than vista. wtf do we need to change to ANOTHER OS 3-4 years later?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX

FFLink wrote:

Still reading through it. I don't like how they seem to constantly look at how Apple are doing things.
But thats all MS has ever done, for the front end at least.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6636
yeah they need to stick with (Windows 7) for another 4-5 years

Last edited by blademaster (2010-06-30 17:33:16)

farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6521

xp>all imo
Defiance
+438|6662

farmerfez wrote:

xp>all imo
Can't win a benchmark argument anymore, get over it and learn a marginally different UI.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6488

the HAL in win XP needed drastically to be overhauled - we are at a place where hardware tech is threatening to overrun software, again.

it's easy to shrink dies and extend wireless range and free up bandwidth, but to logically address functionality and meet diverse demands from different platforms demand we move on. the future isn't megaherz but leveraging multi-cores and billions of transistors, of 'content aware' and security. anyone who believes win XP is better than win 7, i have a bridge to sell you . . .
BeardedHobo
Will post for food
+53|5172|Flying in my boxcar.

Tdog2007 wrote:

good lord. wtf are they planning the next OS already? win7 is apparently a lot better than vista. wtf do we need to change to ANOTHER OS 3-4 years later?
They feel that your computer can be improved if they update the OS(while also getting $$$ from ppl wanting to have the newest stuff)
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6734|Reality
wait for windows 9. they seem to fuck up every other OS release and 7 seems to work fine (at least for me). window 95 sucked, 98 was ok, me/2000 sucked, xp was good, vista sucked, 7 is ok so far (except for maybe a lack of drivers for 64 bit )
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Wallpaper
+303|5985|The pool

Stubbee wrote:

wait for windows 9. they seem to fuck up every other OS release and 7 seems to work fine (at least for me). window 95 sucked, 98 was ok, me/2000 sucked, xp was good, vista sucked, 7 is ok so far (except for maybe a lack of drivers for 64 bit )
What lack of drivers?
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6734|Reality
i had trouble getting some of my older peripherals to work with 7. Eventually got them working though.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6582|Reisterstown, MD

Stubbee wrote:

7 is ok so far (except for maybe a lack of drivers for 64 bit )
Wait what?  I have win 7 pro 64-bit and every single driver I use has worked and I have some pretty old programs and stuff.   
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6541|CH/BR - in UK

I like competition, and Windows needs to compete on ecosystems.

-kon
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6488

Stubbee wrote:

dam son - we've used all those, and with every OS release, we have had minor hang ups but nothing that lead us to say the operating system 'sucked'.

i just installed AutoCad 2010 on windows 7 x64, on a dual Xeon/ 24 GB ram workstation with a videocard that has a 1.5 GB frame buffer.

if you say an operating system "sucks", then you're doing it wrong. we have Linux machines, a couple running OSX, and even some equipment running win XP Embedded (it's a survey station). learn the limitations of the OS, adapt and overcome.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
depending on when this comes out i may skip 7 completely.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6651|The darkside of Denver

burnzz wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

dam son - we've used all those, and with every OS release, we have had minor hang ups but nothing that lead us to say the operating system 'sucked'.

i just installed AutoCad 2010 on windows 7 x64, on a dual Xeon/ 24 GB ram workstation with a videocard that has a 1.5 GB frame buffer.

if you say an operating system "sucks", then you're doing it wrong. we have Linux machines, a couple running OSX, and even some equipment running win XP Embedded (it's a survey station). learn the limitations of the OS, adapt and overcome.
IT pro tips.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Windows XP ruled. Windows Vista sucked. Windows 7 rules. Windows 8 ____...

I'll get Windows 9 in 2017 or something.
Benzin
+576|5990

RTHKI wrote:

depending on when this comes out i may skip 7 completely.
I am thinking very much the same thing right now.

I've not read the article in the OP, but I read somewhere else that Microsoft wants to make Windows 8 an almost instant-on system. I think that would be extremely awesome if they did something like that. Better than waiting a few minutes to get on the Internet to check something. I know if I need quick info, I boot into Jolicloud on my EEE PC and everything else normally XP. It would be nice to see Windows have an initial instant-on version and then if you needed the power of a full-fledged OS, boot into that, like a two-stage system.
Sambuccashake
+126|6601|Sweden
I think they should w8 a bit...

alexb
<3
+590|5931|Kentucky, USA

Sambuccashake wrote:

I think they should w8 a bit...

I see what you did there.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6437|Amsterdam‫
why should they wait, 3years is a normal cycle for an OS, only XP -> Vista was way to long. all the previous windows were in a 2 or 3 year cycle
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6572|SE London

burnzz wrote:

if you say an operating system "sucks", then you're doing it wrong.
Unless it's Windows ME.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6488

Bertster7 wrote:

burnzz wrote:

Unless it's Windows ME.
the exception that proves the rule
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

burnzz wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

burnzz wrote:

Unless it's Windows ME.
Microsoft Bob.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

burnzz wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Unless it's Windows ME.
Microsoft Bob.