Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6528|Long Island, New York
Left 4 Dead 2 and SW: Battlefront II are very tempting..
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5500|America
Don't get l4d2 it's trash, but SWBFII is super fun.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
alexb
<3
+590|5931|Kentucky, USA

I purchased L4D2 for $10.19, and honestly, it isn't worth anything more than that.
You could always... find SWBF2.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6528|Long Island, New York
Didn't go for L4D2, don't worry. World of Goo is incredibly fun though. So worth $5.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

L4D2? Trash? Not worth anything more than $10? You guys are nuts. Sure, it was a kick in the face for people who wanted L4D1 maintained like mad, but it's a worthwhile game.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6277|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

L4D2? Trash? Not worth anything more than $10? You guys are nuts. Sure, it was a kick in the face for people who wanted L4D1 maintained like mad, but it's a worthwhile game.
^- This...

I'm glad I never got around to buy L4D1

L4D2 has so much more value

I allways felt that L4D was more of a mod than a full game, L4D2 feels more like a full game..

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-07-05 17:45:44)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

In a lot of ways L4D was a better game.

L4D2 has a lot more content.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Miggle wrote:

I can't even really say that. I like both L4D2 and L4D1 maps and voice actors equally. And if L4D1 had a spitter, there'd be a whole lot less corner camping.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Miggle wrote:

I can't even really say that. I like both L4D2 and L4D1 maps and voice actors equally. And if L4D1 had a spitter, there'd be a whole lot less corner camping.
I prefer L4D1's maps and characters, and the special infected fit together very nicely. I have great memories of casting pro L4D games with quad caps.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
alexb
<3
+590|5931|Kentucky, USA

I enjoyed L4D1 far more than the second.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6277|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

alexb wrote:

Part of that I believe is because the games are so similar, I only played the free weekend of L4D and I found L4D2 far better when I purchased it...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6334

FloppY_ wrote:

alexb wrote:

Part of that I believe is because the games are so similar, I only played the free weekend of L4D and I found L4D2 far better when I purchased it...
Too bad that L4D2 is worse in quite some aspects compared to L4D1.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

It should have been an expansion pack.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Yes, it should have, but it isn't. Doesn't affect the quality of L4D2, but leaves L4D1 in the dust as far as upgrades go.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6334

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Yes, it should have, but it isn't. Doesn't affect the quality of L4D2, but leaves L4D1 in the dust as far as upgrades go.
Actually it kinda does affect the quality. Level design is bold at times, makind you run back and forth through the exact same places to stretch play length.
Character design is shallow at the very best, so is weapon design. And what happened to the big, ever changing levels which were one of the main reasons for a "new" game?

It´s okay for a tenner I guess, even though my face is like most of the time I play it...
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

I would like to see a game mode where one bite/scratch from a zombie and that's it, you turn into one and can then go after your now ex-team mates.

There isn't much to fear from the horde, only the special zombies.

If the hordes actually threatened you with a quick death, rather than death by a thousand cuts I think it would be a better game.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707

AussieReaper wrote:

I would like to see a game mode where one bite/scratch from a zombie and that's it, you turn into one and can then go after your now ex-team mates.

If the hordes actually threatened you with a quick death, rather than death by a thousand cuts I think it would be a better game.
It's called CSS zombie mod but now it's dead
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
firebolt5
+114|6146
Speaking of Star Wars Battlefront II, do a lot of people still play online?  When I got the game a few years ago, I didn't really get into the MP, I played the SP mostly.  Now I feel like installing it because of all the lasers and the jetpacks...
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|5987|Belgium

Cybargs wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

It's called CSS zombie mod but now it's dead
I've played Zombie mode on CSS just yesterday ?
Twas on a french server and the zombies looked like alien (avp) and worked on one shot-> ZOMBIFY
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Sisco wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Actually it kinda does affect the quality. Level design is bold at times, makind you run back and forth through the exact same places to stretch play length.
Character design is shallow at the very best, so is weapon design. And what happened to the big, ever changing levels which were one of the main reasons for a "new" game?

It´s okay for a tenner I guess, even though my face is like most of the time I play it...
As opposed to one more map that's just from point a to point b...again? I liked Heavy Rain, despite the fact that it seems that nobody else does. It was a good showcase of changing conditions over terrain you advance and retreat through, and the Burger Tank finale is less of a campfest than, say, the rock concert or hospital roof...and when your 'ride' arrives, it's not the end of things for the zombies, if you can get in a good charge into the water. I don't think it artificially stretches gameplay at all.

I don't really understand how character design is shallow in comparison with, say, L4D1. Both games are zombie genre cheese, with the artificially-diverse group of survivors sparking off each others' egos while the woman tries to maintain order. This isn't a bad thing; it fits the game. If you don't think 2's survivors have personality, than you haven't really played it as much as 1.

The 'big, ever-changing level' thing sounds like a pie-in-the-sky bit of feature creep that was nixed by an exec. I haven't heard much about it, but the items are satisfactorily randomized, and in spots that (mostly) make sense. Go play some realism vs or chainsaw mutation.

I do have a big gripe about L4D2, and it has nothing to do with them 'betraying' L4D1:

Hunters have almost no high-pounce areas in 2. Lots of the [good] roofs are blocked off.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6636

TravisC555 wrote:

It ends on July 4th...
yea was gonna order something the day after then they raised the prices back up I was like fuckkkk lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard