Moderate, a pack a day6%6% - 7
heavy, > a pack a day3%3% - 4
Total: 107
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD

Spark wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Btw, to all those concerned about second hand smoke...

Interesting read...

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/326/7398/1057

Objective: To measure the relation between environmental tobacco smoke, as estimated by smoking in spouses, and long term mortality from tobacco related disease.

Design: Prospective cohort study covering 39 years.

Conclusions: The results do not support a causal relation between environmental tobacco smoke and tobacco related mortality, although they do not rule out a small effect. The association between exposure to environmental tobacco smoke and coronary heart disease and lung cancer may be considerably weaker than generally believed.
Still smells godawful, though.
I've always liked the smell of good tobacco tbh.

What I don't like is the smell of burning weed.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Pipe tobacco smells wonderful when it burns.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Spark wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Btw, to all those concerned about second hand smoke...

Interesting read...

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/326/7398/1057

Objective: To measure the relation between environmental tobacco smoke, as estimated by smoking in spouses, and long term mortality from tobacco related disease.

Design: Prospective cohort study covering 39 years.

Conclusions: The results do not support a causal relation between environmental tobacco smoke and tobacco related mortality, although they do not rule out a small effect. The association between exposure to environmental tobacco smoke and coronary heart disease and lung cancer may be considerably weaker than generally believed.
Still smells godawful, though.

It's like whiskey. Some hate the smell some love it.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

No, shit is deadly yo
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Christbane
+51|6206
I quit when premium smokes were about 2.50 a pack.  I have no idea how people afford them now!
tuckergustav
+1,590|5884|...

When I was 10, I stole a cig from my mom...and continued to steal her cigs until I was 14...which is when I quit.  I haven't smoked a cig since.  It really is a disgusting habit.

I am glad Michigan did the smoking ban.  I have gone to a few places I have never been to because of it.

I think smoking is a personal choice...I choose not to and am glad I am not forced to stink of smoke every time I go to a restaurant.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6814|Reykjavík, Iceland.
4-5 a day.
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6456|England
I smoke heavily when on a night out drinking and lightly on the average day!! 

I don't really want to quit, i enjoy smoking if i didn't i wouldn't do it.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Not cigs anyway
Phrozenbot
+632|6586|do not disturb

Some suggest smoking causes rusting of the arteries. I'm never going to smoke.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Non-smoker here, as should be obvious from the last thread. To clear things up, I'm against smoking indoors at public places, but even more against government regulation against the habit. It should be up to private businesses to decide whether or not people can smoke in their establishments. To be frank, it doesn't even really affect me since I'm not a big time bar guy, gambler or restaurant goer.
since when were you a mod?
Maybe I was a mod all along.

Christbane wrote:

I quit when premium smokes were about 2.50 a pack.  I have no idea how people afford them now!
In America it's traditional to use welfare checks, child support or money you get from begging for gas/bus change.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5884|...

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Non-smoker here, as should be obvious from the last thread. To clear things up, I'm against smoking indoors at public places, but even more against government regulation against the habit. It should be up to private businesses to decide whether or not people can smoke in their establishments. To be frank, it doesn't even really affect me since I'm not a big time bar guy, gambler or restaurant goer.
since when were you a mod?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

heh, i was changing my avatar, hit F5, when i noticed it . . .

way to derail, mod!

[]
pace51
Boom?
+194|5144|Markham, Ontario

steelie34 wrote:

i noticed alot of people who quit end up on this quest to make everyone else quit.  i must be a weirdo, because i really don't care one way or the other if someone quits or not.  its their personal choice.  i'm glad i quit, but i also respect the fact that others do smoke, and it doesn't bother me at all.  and like i said in the other thread, i don't miss it at all.  i know there are also people who have quit, but if they are around it long enough, they relapse.  i really have been around it, and still have no desire to fire one up. 
Well, I don't smoke, but I don't think of smokers in a bad light. If they smoke, I won't think worse of them. I wish people wouldn't smoke, because it's bad for their health and others, but like you, I treat smokers like everyone else.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Also, smokers taste like shit.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663

ghettoperson wrote:

Sometimes I kind of like the faint hint of tobacco on a girl's lips.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2010-06-22 10:36:23)

13rin
+977|6450

ghettoperson wrote:

Maybe you're eating the wrong hole...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK

ghettoperson wrote:

Indeed. It's pretty disgusting.

Never have, don't intend to at any point.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

DBBrinson1 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I knew I was doing something wrong.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

ghettoperson wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I knew I was doing something wrong.
Or you've just been to Vietnam

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
15-20 a day
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6257|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Smoking is disgusting imo...

If a chick smokes, she's a writeoff as far as I am concerned... nomatter how hot she is...

(not that I could get a chick if I wanted to tho')

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-06-22 11:17:12)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
pilebomb
+8|6090

SenorToenails wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Nah, it's about employee health. There were some pretty massive lawsuits in the 90s related to it.
Well, that clears that up.  I had figured it was just an extension of those 'smoking sections' that were all the rage way back.
Very interesting, makes sense I guess. I remember back as a lil kid when they banned smoking at the bowling alley, thought it was kinda odd back then too.
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
I don't smoke and I really don't care if others do. Chicks smoking doesn't put me off them at all, smoking in bars and indoor public places never bothered me, someone smoking next to me doesn't bother me, the smell doesn't bother me and second hand smoke doesn't bother me whatsoever.

It's just a habit I can't afford and have no inclination to start anyway. If there is one thing that bothers me regarding smoking it's the colossal pussies that moan about smokers every hour of every day.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6687

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

In Virginia it's not banned. There are a bunch of Korean BBQ places where it's like a throwback to the 50s in terms of smoking at a restaurant.

Koreans smoke like chimneys for some reason.
Smoking is banned in Va in bars and restaurants... If you want to have smoking in a bar in Va, you need a separate entrance and separate ventilation system. I have bartended and bounced for years and i think that bar customers should be able to smoke. I don't smoke but i think
a pack sells for 4.80 a pack or so.

http://www.vdh.state.va.us/breatheeasy/tenThings.htm
"There are some narrowly defined exceptions to the law which include private clubs; restaurants with designated rooms that are both structurally separate from non-smoking dining rooms and separately vented; mobile outdoor food carts; and outdoor areas of restaurants that are not enclosed.

If a restaurant has a smoking room, it must have at least one public entrance into the non-smoking area. "

and a 25 dollar fine lol
"The civil penalty for breaking the smoking law is up to a $25 fine. "
Love is the answer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard