Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England

Varegg wrote:

My first online FPS was Delta Force ... think it was #2, the one before Landwarrior ...
Same First ever FPS though was Wolfenstein followed by Doom.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-06-22 07:45:08)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Christbane
+51|6232

seymorebutts443 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

that was a good mod, too bad its dead now.
FireArms Source is near release tbh
it's not gonna be as good as the original.
yeah way too late for that now. I gave up on it 3 years ago.
Phrozenbot
+632|6613|do not disturb

Wolfenstein 3d. It was the shareware version but it sparked my interest in FPS games from then on.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6128|North Tonawanda, NY
First FPS was Doom...but Quake was the first one I played multiplayer.  Nail gun FTW! 

It got me hooked on multiplayer games in general--I find that I don't have fun when I play singleplayer.

Last edited by SenorToenails (2010-06-22 08:04:54)

GullyFoyle
+25|5384
Also Wolfenstein 3D.  That's where I started using my right mouse button for forward.  Still doing it in BFBC2...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
Halo: CE back in December '01. I still remember being amazed by it's graphics.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Wolfenstein 3d was what got me started. When Doom came out (and I somehow managed to sneak it past disapproving parents who wound up playing it anyway), that sealed the deal. My first 'online' fps games were with a buddy on Doom, Heretic and eventually Descent. Then came regular online play with Quake 1, Quake 2, then eventually Jedi Knight 1 and Delta Force 2.

Still probably logged more time on MUDs than any one of the above.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6283|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Christbane wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

FireArms Source is near release tbh
it's not gonna be as good as the original.
yeah way too late for that now. I gave up on it 3 years ago.
You can't really blame them considering a hacker stole everything they had worked on and published it as his own a few years back
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
SamTheMan
­
+341|5139|Stoke, England
original rainbow 6, was amazing
pace51
Boom?
+194|5171|Markham, Ontario
Actually, cod 1 and halo were the two that I compared to every following game. Games like COD4 have nice features, like perks, but it was games like cod 1, that brought in simple yet necessary features like iron sights, that are the games you compare the rest too.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England

pace51 wrote:

Actually, cod 1 and halo were the two that I compared to every following game. Games like COD4 have nice features, like perks, but it was games like cod 1, that brought in simple yet necessary features like iron sights, that are the games you compare the rest too.
That's got more to do with the fact that you were in diapers when the games we're discussing came out than anything else
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6739|FUCK UBISOFT

pace51 wrote:

Games like COD4 have nice features, like perks
loled.

Quake 3 for me.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
My scroll wheel isn't too big so this thread being at the top and getting bumped is costing me one notch of extra scroll, 2 scrolls is a calorie, calories are energy, and energy isn't free.

So please stop bumping this thread, ta.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6650
Delta Force: Task Force Dagger, and being 11 years old I was monumentally bad at it.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

First online fps was the original Rainbow Six. Back when you had to make sure no one was gonna use the phone, dial-up and connect, then navigate to a stupid msn games page to find a lobby to play with a friend while slowly receiving messages on AIM.
SamTheMan
­
+341|5139|Stoke, England

mtb0minime wrote:

First online fps was the original Rainbow Six. Back when you had to make sure no one was gonna use the phone, dial-up and connect, then navigate to a stupid msn games page to find a lobby to play with a friend while slowly receiving messages on AIM.
haha, ye that was fuckin awesome
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6105|Birmingham, UK
007 goldeneye... not really, it was just a game to play tbh. I prefered mario kart anyway

first online was BF2
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5506|America
007 Goldeneye in paintball mode w/ dual Klobbs.

Last edited by Blade4509 (2010-06-22 11:46:20)

"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6105|Birmingham, UK
i wanna play golden eye now
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

Blade4509 wrote:

007 Goldeneye in paintball mode w/ dual Klobbs.
Is a great paintball simulator because those guns were weak as fuck and would only lightly bruise the enemy
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6777|Great Brown North
day of defeat for pc

goldeneye for console

Last edited by krazed (2010-06-22 11:55:32)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
lmfao @ the karma. rage much?

krazed wrote:

day of defeat for pc

goldeneye for console
day of defeat: source was the first MP FPS i really got hooked into... used to admin a server and everything. until i got booted off for constantly killing everyone in the server with a command
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6777|Great Brown North
lols

yeah i didnt like source all that much... played the hell out of the original though
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6363|California
Duck shooter for the super nintendo
007 for n64
then counter strike condition zero in 2005 for pc
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6741|Reality
man you guys are young
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard