Benzin
+576|5997
http://politicalcorrection.org/blog/201006170005

Have a read. Joe Barton apologizes to BP, even though BP caused all of this and got themselves into shit. Republican party is a sham.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

If anything, at least he's still being honest about his support after every other conciliatory politician divorced themselves from being in bed with the corporation. Anyway, I don't think one politician's viewpoint is representative of his entire party's.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

I wonder if anyone takes these Congressional hearings seriously aside from the congress.

Rarely is anything accomplished and it just becomes members of congress berating whoever is unpopular at the time.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
I was watching some of the hearing, it was almost like a public lynching. I know that BP are a billion dollar corporation and that dude that was sitting there was also a billion dollar CEO and shit, and they've done all sorts of fucked up shit... but it still seemed stupid how the mob/gang mentality arose from the politicians like that. Especially because it's something I've never seen before despite there being so many other cases similar (and worse) to this yet nothing like this has ever arose from it.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
Meanwhile the coast guard tells boats to stop cleaning up the mess so the can inspect the fucking life jackets.

The whole thing is a sad joke. I wish a asteroid would hit and break the world apart.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD
they *should* be lynched
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Chou
+737|6789
Little bit late for a lynching, innit?
Shit should have hit the fan in the first week and this hearing is nothing but an act to calm the people down.

"Oh look, they're getting their asses kicked, YAY"

As if these politicians had nothing but their backs against the wall in this case.. riiiiiight nice acting there, goofballs.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5235|Cleveland, Ohio

Mekstizzle wrote:

I was watching some of the hearing, it was almost like a public lynching. I know that BP are a billion dollar corporation and that dude that was sitting there was also a billion dollar CEO and shit, and they've done all sorts of fucked up shit... but it still seemed stupid how the mob/gang mentality arose from the politicians like that. Especially because it's something I've never seen before despite there being so many other cases similar (and worse) to this yet nothing like this has ever arose from it.
erm......these guys rip into everyone for the most part.  you only pay attention because it is your dirty british company.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6576|Columbus, OH

Chou wrote:

....this hearing is nothing but an act to calm the people down.

"Oh look, they're getting their asses kicked, YAY"
I agree. Every one who makes a living along the gulf has more than enough reason to be pissed, but the politicians have to put on the pissed off act. If they cared, they would lift any restrictions that would help limit the spread of oil and clean up. Action speak louder than words.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

I don't understand why people are even blaming Tony Hayward for the spill. He didn't do anything wrong and BP is trying everything they can to stop the leak.

The only people who are at blame for this are the 11 dead rig workers who tried to cut corners.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
if they cared they would send their biggest baddest nuke down there and blow it shut, plus its also a good excuse to circumvent the nuclear testing ban amirite

these guys are missing a glorious opportunity
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6576|Columbus, OH

Mekstizzle wrote:

if they cared they would send their biggest baddest nuke down there and blow it shut, plus its also a good excuse to circumvent the nuclear testing ban amirite

purify that mexican water too, rite mok!?!?!? ....

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina

Mekstizzle wrote:

The nuke approach actually worked for the Russians, so maybe this would work for us too....  hmmm...
Reciprocity
+721|6579|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Turquoise wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

The nuke approach actually worked for the Russians, so maybe this would work for us too....  hmmm...
from what I've read, the nuclear option only works when there isn't a few thousand feet of mud between the sea floor and bedrock.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD
How can those animals justify NOT fining BP for damages? An apology, really? Put them down, like the rabid beasts they are.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
This, and the Goldman Sachs, Lehman interrogations etc aren't much better than McCarthy era show trials.

A proper investigation is one thing, parading people for no purpose doesn't achieve anything really.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5235|Cleveland, Ohio
stop deleting my posts you idiots.  at least be a man and tell me who did it. 

Mek, why are you such a supporter of BP?  is it cuz they are Brits?

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-06-19 02:51:47)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

11 Bravo wrote:

It was me, I am the new stealth mod
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

CapnNismo wrote:

http://politicalcorrection.org/blog/201006170005

Have a read. Joe Barton apologizes to BP, even though BP caused all of this and got themselves into shit. Republican party is a sham.
No, Barton is just a douche.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
What is illuminating is how these CEOs, who demand multi-million dollar salaries because they're just so good thats what they deserve, turn out to fairly poor when the crap hits the fan.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-06-20 00:36:53)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6546|San Diego, CA, USA
https://img541.imageshack.us/img541/9159/salazarmonster397x224.jpg

A coalition of environmental groups and scientists is calling on President Obama to fire Interior Secretary Ken Salazar for his "failed policies" that it says led to the Deepwater Horizon rig explosion in April that killed 11 workers and set off the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico that BP and the government is struggling to contain.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

11 Bravo wrote:

lol, I was just pointing out how stupid the Americans are in turning this into another "evil foreigners" thing. I'm not supporting BP, but I'm able to point out the stupid shit I see from people
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
If ya think about it cutting corners is an American business tactic which we have picked up on, so if anyones to blame it's yourselves.

SLAM
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Mekstizzle wrote:

lol, I was just pointing out how stupid the Americans are in turning this into another "evil foreigners" thing. I'm not supporting BP, but I'm able to point out the stupid shit I see from people
Yeah it is pretty funny that it's now called British Petroleum. As if the Brits should pay compensation.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England
Barton was right.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard