Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|4307|Sydney
Any idea on a release date? Must be soon, surely.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|5573|The Land of Scott Walker
I've heard rumor of winter release ...
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|4307|Sydney
Well it's winter here goddamnit!
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|5452|Graz, Austria

Jaekus wrote:

Well it's winter here goddamnit!
Yes, climatic winter, but not calendric winter.

You're not celebrating Christmas anytime soon, do you?
That's when it'll be released.
mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5091|Sheffield

globefish23 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Well it's winter here goddamnit!
Yes, climatic winter, but not calendric winter.

You're not celebrating Christmas anytime soon, do you?
That's when it'll be released.
Was thinking if they decided to release two expansion packs, Vietnam obviously and instead of releasing 1943 as a full game but just make that into another expansion pack as well, on updated Frostbite engine, would make more sense.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|5452|Graz, Austria

mooneyno1 wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Well it's winter here goddamnit!
Yes, climatic winter, but not calendric winter.

You're not celebrating Christmas anytime soon, do you?
That's when it'll be released.
Was thinking if they decided to release two expansion packs, Vietnam obviously and instead of releasing 1943 as a full game but just make that into another expansion pack as well, on updated Frostbite engine, would make more sense.
Good thought!
Especially as the opening level Op. Aurora in the SP campaign is set in WWII.

If such an approach would count towards the BF1943 veteran status, I'm all for it.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|5567|King Of The Islands

globefish23 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Well it's winter here goddamnit!
Yes, climatic winter, but not calendric winter.

You're not celebrating Christmas anytime soon, do you?
That's when it'll be released.
Well on our calendar winter is in July.

Macbeth wrote:

Needs less Fortunate son and more The end
Negatory

www.tbitw.com
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,719|5865|Oxferd Ohire

Cheez wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Well it's winter here goddamnit!
Yes, climatic winter, but not calendric winter.

You're not celebrating Christmas anytime soon, do you?
That's when it'll be released.
Well on our calendar winter is in July.

War Man on xfire  wrote:

Dice thinks of the North Hemisphere people first, so sorry the South isn't cared for as much
i admit i lol'd

Last edited by RTHKI (2010-07-09 13:23:39)

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4714

Any news?
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|4365|Cleveland, Ohio

Macbeth wrote:

Any news?
yes vampire themed stuff is still gay

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-08-14 09:45:13)

BVC
Member
+325|5824
I guess they'd have to re-model the M14, the ingame one doesn't look like vietnam-era models.  Didn't some Vietnam units also use Garands and Thompsons?

I wonder if they'll add MiGs, phantoms, thunderchiefs etc...
GullyFoyle
Member
+25|4515
First video of live BFBC2: Vietnam gameplay (w/developer commentary):  http://tgs.gamespot.com/video/6275964/ (7 minutes)
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+562|5842|Purplicious Wisconsin

Pubic wrote:

Didn't some Vietnam units also use Garands and Thompsons?

I wonder if they'll add MiGs, phantoms, thunderchiefs etc...
Yes, especially in the early part of the war before the M14 and M16 rifles came along.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
GullyFoyle
Member
+25|4515
Here's the official DICE TGS BFBC2:  Vietnam trailer:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOG4y9L81r0
GullyFoyle
Member
+25|4515
BFBC2: Vietnam Official Site:  http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/vietnam

All four multiplayer game modes from Battlefield: Bad Company 2, including the genre-defining Conquest Mode, will be playable in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. The expansion is integrated with the full game persistence, so no matter what theatre of war you participate in, you will continue to level up your soldier as usual.

KEY FEATURES
  • 4 Brand New Maps. From the rice fields of the Phu Bai Valley to the napalm scorched earth of Hill 137, four distinct Vietnam-based maps each bring a fresh visual and gameplay experience.
  • 6 Immortalized Vehicles. Skim the treetops in the iconic American Huey helicopter. Drive the sturdy Russian T54 tank and the nimble US PBR "Pibber" patrol boat, plus three more vehicles immortalized in the Vietnam war.
  • 15 Characteristic Weapons. Charge into battle with 15 new weapons modeled on their real life counter-parts, including the rare Navy SEAL XM22 machinegun and the characteristic M79 "Blooper" Grenade Launcher.
  • Rocking 60's Soundtrack. Listen to 8 radio channels in-game, featuring 49 time typical tracks, including "Ride of the Valkyries" and "Fortunate Son" by CCR.
  • True War Dialogue. All-new voiceovers for both American and Vietnamese forces, based on authentic communication from the Vietnam war for maximum immersion.
  • New Achievements/Trophies. Collect 10 new achievements/trophies, one for blowing up Vietnamese propaganda speakers. Earn new weapon proficiency stars specific to your skills with the weapons in the expansion.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|5788|The darkside of Denver
I think we may have jets....
rdx-fx
...
+955|5719

Macbeth wrote:

Needs less Fortunate son and more The end
No, no.. more helicopters.  more Flight of the Valkyries
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,610|5749|London, England
Why can't we blow up American propoganda speakers, they were the damn invaders and the damn losers of the god damn war
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|5670|Mercer Island, WA

GullyFoyle wrote:

[*]Rocking 60's Soundtrack. Listen to 8 radio channels in-game, featuring 49 time typical tracks, including "Ride of the Valkyries" and "Fortunate Son" by CCR.
This is all I care about. Assuming that other people can hear you playing the music (like in BF:V) then this is a sell for me.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/e03199ea9f2f69ef53b764100ebe0d9420ddb1b5.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|5452|Graz, Austria

JdeFalconr wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

[*]Rocking 60's Soundtrack. Listen to 8 radio channels in-game, featuring 49 time typical tracks, including "Ride of the Valkyries" and "Fortunate Son" by CCR.
This is all I care about. Assuming that other people can hear you playing the music (like in BF:V) then this is a sell for me.
Also, 49 tracks is much more than BF:V had.
I do hope that the old ones are in there too.
GullyFoyle
Member
+25|4515
I was assuming this would be $15 US, since BF1943, a stand-alone game with the same number of maps, was this price.  But, seeing all of this music included (2 hours worth), now I'm leaning towards them selling it for $20.
prototype
Member
+52|5439

GullyFoyle wrote:

I was assuming this would be $15 US, since BF1943, a stand-alone game with the same number of maps, was this price.  But, seeing all of this music included (2 hours worth), now I'm leaning towards them selling it for $20.
15 or 20 bucks sounds good to me
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|4365|Cleveland, Ohio
we need this.....now
BVC
Member
+325|5824
Heres a screenshot from BC2:Euro Forces, featuring the french army unlock:
https://img828.imageshack.us/img828/27/bc2euroforces.jpg
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|5417|Pacific NW, USA

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard