Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
so this is worth getting?
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6318|Belfast

Vilham wrote:

so this is worth getting?
Well, I think it's great. If you enjoyed BC2, I see no reason why you wouldn't enjoy Vietnam.

Rod Foxx wrote:

I love fully packed hueys. So many kills when I shoot them down in a tank.

It's just too easy to take out choppers with tanks in vietnam. The tanks can shoot to the ceiling on flat ground and the turret speed of the tank has been increased dramatically. Tbh it really takes all the skill out of nailing choppers in tanks.
You don't need a tank to shoot down a Huey, just shoot at it with an assault rifle. I don't know how much damage is given per shot, but I know it's considerable.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6118|'straya
Any Huey team that isn't repairing regularly or repairing while in the air deserves to be shot down
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
Hell yes its worth it, fucking awesome time.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
its surprisingly good.
Tu Stultus Es
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
for about 2 weeks

poor lifespan imo
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

i've been playing reg. bc2 for about 8 months now.  I find it still fun.  It's probably my most played game of 2010.

Vietnam fucking pisses me off, but it's probably because I haven't played enough of it to get accustomed to it.  There's a different style of game play needed for it that I haven't adapted to.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
ive loaded up vietnam like 3 times now and i tend to die horribly within about 30 seconds. so im scared to play it
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

I prefer it. Better hit reg and the sniper can kill with body shots. No more aiming for the head. lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
reaps add me too although i really dont know what servers would work for UK -> AU
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
I just realized they have guys dressed up as VC labeled as NVA
Tu Stultus Es
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker

FatherTed wrote:

ive loaded up vietnam like 3 times now and i tend to die horribly within about 30 seconds. so im scared to play it
Learn the ways of the map ... and the ruckus you will bring.  Yeeeees
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6623
It feels more like the damage model of BC2's hardcore mode, coupled with better hitreg and accuracy (which results in a lot of quick, brutal deaths compared to vanilla BC2). 

It frustrated the hell out of me the first few hours of play, but it's grown on me since I learned the maps.  My only complaint now is that there aren't more Nam maps to play...

And even if it's only fun for a couple of weeks to you, it also only costs $15...would you pay about a dollar a day for a fun gaming experience?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

It feels more like the damage model of BC2's hardcore mode, coupled with better hitreg and accuracy (which results in a lot of quick, brutal deaths compared to vanilla BC2). 

It frustrated the hell out of me the first few hours of play, but it's grown on me since I learned the maps.  My only complaint now is that there aren't more Nam maps to play...

And even if it's only fun for a couple of weeks to you, it also only costs $15...would you pay about a dollar a day for a fun gaming experience?
fuck i spend more than that in a week on smoking so yeah i can justify $15 for DLC
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Yeah, death comes faster on V.  But once you've learned the maps, have an organized team who constantly spawns on the team, it's rapefest against disorganized teams.  Team work is far more critical than in vanilla.

Last time I played, it was a thing of beauty.  Team would flank right and stand out to get the defense attracted.  I'd sneak the left flank until I got close to the MCOM.  Team mates would then spawn on me and we spread out covering the MCOM.  One person would arm it, and defense couldn't muster enough bodies to get it defused.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

Ilocano wrote:

Yeah, death comes faster on V.  But once you've learned the maps, have an organized team who constantly spawns on the team, it's rapefest against disorganized teams.  Team work is far more critical than in vanilla.

Last time I played, it was a thing of beauty.  Team would flank right and stand out to get the defense attracted.  I'd sneak the left flank until I got close to the MCOM.  Team mates would then spawn on me and we spread out covering the MCOM.  One person would arm it, and defense couldn't muster enough bodies to get it defused.
ofc in vanilla BC2, MORTAR STRIKE ON ZE MCOM = you all dead
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Trotskygrad wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

ofc in vanilla BC2, MORTAR STRIKE ON ZE MCOM = you all dead
Only way to take out the last two MCOMs on HILL if they are heavily defended.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5654|SQUID
You can play it like BF2 and you will dominate.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

The A W S M F O X wrote:

You can play it like BF2 and you will dominate.
Tank optics suck on V.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
https://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc58/jpward1/vietnam.jpg
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
why do people ragequit in vietnam more than vanilla, and why does basically every server have Fuhrer 2.0 autobalance?

bevo can be called as a witness.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
auto what?

oh wait this is pc you are talking aboot.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
get it.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

FatherTed wrote:

why do people ragequit in vietnam more than vanilla
Like you and I did earlier today? I had one awesome run when we were VC on Hamburger hill. Yanks had a squad on the same spot where we were hihg on the side of the mountain. I ran up and knifed 3 guys within a couple seconds Didn't see the fourth guy with the bbq-backpack before it was too late tho. Anyhoo I got my 200th stab in the process! Ended up with a 18k round. Good times.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
lol yeah doog tiems. also getting up on that hill and killing like...18 snipers with LMG's before they realised we were behind them was nice one. up for some more rounds in an hour?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard