_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
Monoprice has their own mechanical keyboards now, lol:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/subde … ccessories

jaymz9350 wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

I think when I get some money, I'm almost definitely going to get one with MX Browns.  I think that's the best fit for me although the MX Blacks could also probably work, I think I'm more heavy handed when I type than most and I know I'm smashing the shit out of the W in every game I play, lol.  They say the MX Black switches have no tactile feel and I want it to feel at least somewhat similar to how it is now and not just have a really strong push where you can't tell where you actuated the keys, that seems to just about defeat the point of a mechanical keyboard unless you're already used to where the actuation point would be on one which is generally about 2mm looking at all the specs of them.
I just recently switched from an eclipse II to a steelseries 7g (got a good deal on one no way in hell would I pay the $170 retail for a keyboard) with blacks and the lack of tactile feel hasn't bothered me one bit.  It is still a dream to type on compared to any other keyboard I've ever used and the only thing I don't like about the switches is it can be difficult to hold a key down for long periods with my pinky (like to hold a crouch position).
Honestly I think I'd need to try one in person to see which one works for me, I already know the Red, White, and Blue ones are out of the question.  I've heard Reds feel cheap and cause lots of unintended keystrokes, Whites feel almost no different at all from regular bubbles hence the reason nobody hears about them, and Blues are way too noisy.

Might try to see if Best Buy has any mechanicals on display when I recycle this Lexmark tomorrow
Brasso
+1,549|6628

Blade4509 wrote:

bugz wrote:

The 6Gv2 is great and half the price of a 7G.
Amen, tis what I have and it's wonderful. Not backlit though.
ya i got mine 30% off

its essentially the same keyboard without a wristrest (which is actually really really nice)
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
jaymz9350
+54|6575

Brasso wrote:

jaymz9350 wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

I think when I get some money, I'm almost definitely going to get one with MX Browns.  I think that's the best fit for me although the MX Blacks could also probably work, I think I'm more heavy handed when I type than most and I know I'm smashing the shit out of the W in every game I play, lol.  They say the MX Black switches have no tactile feel and I want it to feel at least somewhat similar to how it is now and not just have a really strong push where you can't tell where you actuated the keys, that seems to just about defeat the point of a mechanical keyboard unless you're already used to where the actuation point would be on one which is generally about 2mm looking at all the specs of them.
I just recently switched from an eclipse II to a steelseries 7g (got a good deal on one no way in hell would I pay the $170 retail for a keyboard) with blacks and the lack of tactile feel hasn't bothered me one bit.  It is still a dream to type on compared to any other keyboard I've ever used and the only thing I don't like about the switches is it can be difficult to hold a key down for long periods with my pinky (like to hold a crouch position).
i have the 7G (its $150 MSRP) and will probably never use another keyboard for the rest of my life.
I will definitely have mine for a long time.  I paid $130 for this and a Unicomp (basically a new IBM Model M they bought the patent rights) which retails for $80 so I think I got a pretty good deal (they were review samples from another site and the guy just happens to be local to me.)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard