Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5171|Sydney
I'm after a no frills backlit keyboard (yes, it's an oxymoron I know). I don't use macros, or want an lcd screen or anything like that. I just want a standard keyboard with backlighting so I can use it in my room at night with the light out and know what keys I'm pressing if I get my hand out of position when gaming (or sometimes typing onto forums and I get over one key from where I think I am).

Any suggestions? So far I've been looking online at a Logitech G110, Razer Lycosa and possibly a G15, but they have extra features I don't want, which means extra features = cost more. I don't want to pay extra for stuff I'm not going to use. Usual karmas for helpful replies etc.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5709|Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards … vices/4740

Quick browse on the Logitech site.

But if you're paying $80 for it, might-as-well suck up the extra 20 for a G15
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6466|6 6 4 oh, I forget

I have a Logitech G11 which is a nice keyboard.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6709
I have this logitech keyboard and it's great... very sturdy and the lights are great at night.
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Illumina … B001F51G16
Love is the answer
Wallpaper
+303|5986|The pool
Im partial to the Saitek Eclipse 2
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5924|Somewhere out in Space
The Lycosa would not be a good choice for someone who does a lot more than just gaming.  The keys, they won't press unless you hit them right in the middle with a firm stroke, no doubt designed this way to avoid accidental key presses, and they doubled the intensity for the feature in the WASD cluster.  I love it for that very reason, some might not.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2010-06-10 01:56:00)

Brasso
+1,549|6623

Wallpaper wrote:

this, although i have the original eclipse.  no frills and shit, exactly what you're looking for.  although it does have volume up, down, and mute buttons as well.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

Brasso wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

this, although i have the original eclipse.  no frills and shit, exactly what you're looking for.  although it does have volume up, down, and mute buttons as well.
I had the first one. At least with the first one you should clear coat the keys to prevent wear. Other then that a good keyboard.

then i got this one ...

Catbox wrote:

I have this logitech keyboard and it's great... very sturdy and the lights are great at night.
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Illumina … B001F51G16
I like the flatter keys of the logitech. After having it for a month the control key stopped working.
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney
Control key stopped working? Did you RMA it?

I like the look of the Logitech one, a couple reviews said the spacebar is a bit shit though. I can get a G15 for an extra $10, so maybe it would be worth my while going with that? Or I can get a G110 for another $3. Lycosa is about $25 more expensive than the Logitech Illuminated keyboard...

Hmm, decisions, decisions.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6712|Scotland

Wallpaper wrote:

I have it, it's awesome... you can even change the colour
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black
Saitek Eclipse is the one you want. V1 is a very good keyboard, but the V2 is just that bit more polished. The V3 is just useless though, they went with touch keys for media/light etc and .. well they're rubbish.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
i read illuminated keyboard as illuminati keyboard at first >.<
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Brasso
+1,549|6623

jsnipy wrote:

Brasso wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

I had the first one. At least with the first one you should clear coat the keys to prevent wear. Other then that a good keyboard.
word on that.  check out my D key

and S
and C
and F
and V
and N
and M
and...

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14445/P6100001.JPG

Last edited by Brasso (2010-06-10 15:49:25)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

Jaekus wrote:

Not yet but i will, especially after how easily the mouse "RMA'd", i.e. they just sent a new one and quick.

My crouch key is on the control, maybe i take cover too much?
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6182|Canada

Jaekus wrote:

I like the look of the Logitech one, a couple reviews said the spacebar is a bit shit though. I can get a G15 for an extra $10, so maybe it would be worth my while going with that? Or I can get a G110 for another $3. Lycosa is about $25 more expensive than the Logitech Illuminated keyboard...

Hmm, decisions, decisions.
G110.  Haven't tried it, But I'm also looking for a new back lit keyboard, I presently Have G15 V1 Which is my favorite out of the two versions but I had it for 3 years. Looking for a change and really thinking about the G110. Sleek, Backlit, Sexy, No useless crap.

jsnipy wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Not yet but i will, especially after how easily the mouse "RMA'd", i.e. they just sent a new one and quick.

That's cause you're a pussy

Last edited by Phatmatt (2010-06-10 16:32:14)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

burnzz wrote:

tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6167|Sydney | ♥

What the fuck brasso.

that'd send me up the shit creek.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5924|Somewhere out in Space
That's what my stock Dell keyboard looked like.
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney

jsnipy wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Maybe you crouch/fire a lot

Looking like the G110 is prime contender at the moment. Seems pretty hard to get any version of the Saitek Eclipse here in Aus for some reason.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-06-11 02:12:40)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black
Noobs, everyone knows C is crouch and ctrl is prone.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

op: lurn 2 typ n u wont nede lites
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

Finray wrote:

Noobs, everyone knows C is crouch and ctrl is prone.
bah! screw you right hand side of keyboard people (which is probably the majority)
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

op: lurn 2 typ n u wont nede lites
I can type, but I just want a wanky keyboard without over-the-top wank.
Defiance
+438|6663

I love mechanical boards, and in the spirit of the republic, I feel they are under represented.

That being said Deck Keyboards makes some mechanical boards that are also illuminated. Fucking expensive though, so it's a shot in the dark that you'd be interested, but for the sake of options, here's another one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard