FrEaK
+1|6798|Finland

Paholainen wrote:

Love The L96a1
Yeah, cant beat the sound leaving from it, and the look!
FrEaK
+1|6798|Finland
Go to Battle.fi, it's a finnish site, but there are 3 links for the new patch

Last edited by FrEaK (2006-02-14 10:59:58)

Trel
+70|6692
The L96A1 is awesome. It's good enough so that a skilled sniper will be even deadlier, but it hasn't been noobified so that every GP-30 wielding assclown can pick one up and be good with it.
Good to be back.
BeefnCheez
+0|6760
I am first sergeant and am currently about half way to sergeant major, but since the update the bfhq shows me only about 1/4 the progress needed..  did the requirements GO UP? if so, WHY
j4mi3-k1ll3r
+19|6662|Behind that RPK-74

FrEaK wrote:

Go to Battle.fi, it's a finnish site, but there are 3 links for the new patch
Sweet getting it now .. cheers.
The k1ll3r
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6756|United States
Hey, maybe everyone can finally get off the Essex without getting killed every 15 seconds by the Chinese Migs now.

Last edited by Bert10099 (2006-02-14 12:44:31)

Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6767|Toronto, ON
Something about this patch makes my life easier ...

I just finished playing last night with 20ID, TFS, and HOT clan guys on a Sharqi server (The top 3 clans in the world) and I ended up first with 131 points... (57 - 5, and 17 teamwork). 

I didn't even use the unlock yet, I just used my old SVD.  57 kills IAR is the highest I ever attained (52 used to be my first on Dragon Valley using Type 88 Sniper Rifle).

I played with these clans in the past alot and I notice that they had trouble doing some of their old tactics like fast proning/C4 tossing.  I had alot of trouble dolphin knifing people (Only 12 of my kills were knife...).

I also couldn't detonate my claymores, but they didn't go off when a teammate stepped in front.

If the new rifle is as strong as they say it is, well, then my KDR is gonna get alot higher.
Alpha as fuck.
Zefar
+116|6664|Sweden
It's also about time that the Anti air towers got better, it's pretty anoying when your missle won't hit when the enemy is just turning a little. >.>

The new sniper is the infantries most feared weapon now >.< I'm getting killed by awfully a lot. Though now that I have noticed that the PKM is deadly on distance and powerfull to I'm starting to use that one. Though if I can I will pick up the new sniper rifle
Stanners_UK-NI
+1|6683
hi, could someone direct me to a link somewhere of what has been updated? im downloading it now, ea site working again, but would like to know all te new changes...

thanks
j4mi3-k1ll3r
Got the patch 1.2. try to install no activity with it ?
Any particular way this should be installed ?
Thanks The k1ll3r

Never mind sussed it ... Installed the incramental one :S

Last edited by j4mi3-k1ll3r (2006-02-14 14:59:47)

Gnatevil
+0|6844|Haughton, LA USA
You can get the patch from Fileplanet.  Took me about 10 min to download, but then again, I subscribe and I have a 4 meg cable connection.  BTW...the patch rocks so far.
QuackinChicken
+1|6718
wow 7 pages on how bad it is, and barely 2 on how good it is, I think that pretty much sums up the feelings on it.
killjoi
+2|6677

QuackinChicken wrote:

wow 7 pages on how bad it is, and barely 2 on how good it is, I think that pretty much sums up the feelings on it.
Totally. It's obvious that the people who like the patch are spending more time playing than bitching.

playing > bitching
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6722|Germany

killjoi wrote:

QuackinChicken wrote:

Totally. It's obvious that the people who like the patch are spending more time playing than bitching.

playing > bitching
Yup... I concur... on the other hand, it's good, they keep bitching... the games seem to be much more relaxed now that those people are preoccupied with whining about the patch.
pogled
+0|6793|Europe
This patch made me rediscover an old love of mine:
The good old L85A1

Really improved accuracy in single fire mode, somwhat better impact on target. Managed to elliminate some snipers with the new rifle in ranged comabt. Some of them had a really hard time on Wake today - being sniped, by a medic, repeatedly.
Maybe even hand my beloved G-36E back for the nice little gun that makes funny noises (wouldn't call that a *bang*). First choice for carefull medics on no city (read CQC combat) maps.

AA and AT are now great to. I love 1.2 already.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6677|USA
Overall, this patch is great for us ground pounders. I hopped onto Guld of Oman after patching. I Hooked up to the Phalanx on the Essex, and BOOM! Taking choppers and aircraft down like gangbusters. I found soon the Choppers/planes stopped coming to the carrier. The way it should be.
So then I spawn on the beach since we now have most of the spawn points. And I started taking out aircraft with THAT AA. BOOM! Left and Right one after the other. Then they stopped coming around. Almost as if they learned a lesson. About time I got some respect. Then BOOM! Im blasted by a precise shot from a jet. A jet actually had to concentrate on the AA mounts before just bombing around MY beach. And I dont mind being blasted from my AA turret. I have it coming shooting down all those planes. Its just now they are really earning those kills. I see WAke and Oman's carriers not being the bitch-slapped step child anymore. those planes have nothing on the Phalanx. Thank you EA.

Great fix on the 203, C4 toss, and dolphin diving too. Down with the air corps. Props to the infantry.
j4mi3-k1ll3r
Absolutley wicked. I love kubra dam. Played straight away after patching to see if i could remove those chopper/plane freaks. I was buzzing after firing 2 single linebcker shots and a missle to finish. The chopper didnt even get chance to eject one missle at me.. About time the equipment did what is supposed to do.. I agree .. DOWN with you jet/chopper freaks and come fight like real soldiers (on the ground) not up in the sky safe in your cockpit.. ooops past tense (WAS SAFE)
The k1ll3r
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6744|Louisiana
Yay, they fixed it

I got the patch from gamershell.com
KevinB550
+5|6731
God, I love the AA now. I took out 4 Mi-28's in a round, 2 of them my stingers totally bypassed their flares. I'm willing to bet the airwhores are feeling the burn now though
wrath2210
Web/h0mE
+0|6686
i hate it idc if this is the wrong place to post
they ruined a perfectly good game
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6704
^^^yup.

Last edited by -iLL*NaYmL3sS (2006-02-14 18:08:17)

Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6821|Portland, OR, USA

Woah, minimap hacks for people with low scores were introduced in v1.2?

Last edited by Viper007Bond (2006-02-14 18:16:01)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6770

the PKM owns now...it takes out everything
KevinB550
+5|6731

Viper007Bond wrote:

Woah, minimap hacks for people with low scores were introduced in v1.2?
hmm, i think i see a tiny sliver of UAV yellow near the right side of it. can't tell where it's centered if that's what it is though.
wonkey20
+18|6724
mmmmmmm new sniper! I love it!  playen kark got 29kills and 2deaths! mind ya 20 of the 50 were snipers! lol... love patch!ยก!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard