Metallica-66
+0|6666|USA
Hahahah. If you have handled C4 charges in real life, you can't throw it.

Satchel charges, yes. A block of C4? Dream on!

No more C4 tossers! No more noob-tubers! Bawahahahahaha!
Zukabazuka
+23|6703
Well if EA lost 1000people, think how many actually play this game. 1000 is a really low number and they probably payed for this game to so they don't really bother about this.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6780

JaM3z wrote:

looks like EA and DICE jsut lost a few 1000 people who hate this new patch

Zukabazuka wrote:

Well if EA lost 1000people, think how many actually play this game. 1000 is a really low number and they probably payed for this game to so they don't really bother about this.
Here's my BF2 player break down: (Figures not accurate).

50% are Assault kit users who like the grenade launcher. No problem with that, I can own the noob tube as much as they can own me.
30% are Medics because it's well rounded and lots of points possibilities. That G36 is the best.
19.9% are the rest of the kits, because everyone likes a little variety.
.1% are all the aircraft whores who don't like the patch now.

Out of the millions that are BF2 players, that would barely account for .1% of the BF2 community (basically the plane whores). If I was EA, I would rather please the 99.9% of the gaming community that was bitching about the .1% that was getting 20k/d ratios and raping their asses. Aircraft pilots have no leverage here really.

And on that note, there's no reason to Nerf the Grenade Launcher since that would upset the majority of the playing population. EA has to play their cards right and I think they did an excellent job.
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6707
^^^fuck you and fuck ea
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6780
Before 1.2 patch What a chopper/plane pilot thought when he saw an enemy using an AA ?
Hey you.... thanks for the free kill.
What happened everytime a chopper/plane pilot and somebody using AA fought ?
Who won ?
Always the pilot.
And that it's not fair.
Bingo
was his name-o
+0|6722|SE Pennsylvania
Patch fuckin blows.  The airplane is virtually useless.  Now the pilots are just going to ram more than ever since they can't stay alive without SOME SORT of AA gun locking on and fuckin the hell out of the plane.  I guess DICE/EA wants to make the game more land-combat oriented.  If I God damn fucking wanted that, I'd play fucking Call of Duty or Counter-Strike.

The rifles still blow, the UAV overhead is annoying as hell, and people still slut around with the nade launchers.  Oh, not to mention the lag.  I wasn't playing pre-1.12 patch, but so far it seems the game gets exponentially shittier with each subsequent patch.

Not only are things still shitty, but the obvious faults with the game (scoring, teamkilling/damaging, voting, etc) is still fucked.  Way to "fix" the pointless shit, EA/Dice.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6780

Bingo wrote:

Not only are things still shitty, but the obvious faults with the game (scoring, teamkilling/damaging, voting, etc) is still fucked.  Way to "fix" the pointless shit, EA/Dice.
I hope by pointless you don't mean the AA, the plane whoring, the bunny hopping, and the dolphin diving which were THE topics of the year.
BladeRunner
+5|6766|UK

AdamEcks wrote:

The worst thing I have seen about this patch so far is the amount of complaints from people who bunny hopped/plan whored/dolphin dove/etc for their entire time playing BF2. Now they are left with no skill and nothing left to do. There are more compalints from the people that do all these things already than there ever were from people complaing about these things.

In 2 weeks, after all these guys clear out, BF2 will be a MUCH better place.
Word, brother.
Bingo
was his name-o
+0|6722|SE Pennsylvania
That's gameplay shit I can deal with.  Guys who do that suck and you can always get them some other time.

Plane-whoring?  The only thing that should be able to shoot a plane down is ANOTHER PLANE.  I'm gonna miss the times of good dogfighting.  It just doesn't seem fun anymore having some puss on the ground hop in a gun and knock you out of the sky.

Again, like I said, the scoring, the punishing, the TKing, the kicking, the voting...all that shit needs to take priority over the accuracy of a sniper rifle or the power of an AA gun.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6709|Calgary

-iLL*NaYmL3sS wrote:

^^^fuck you and fuck ea
lol...AND I was just learning to fly......................Oh well, never gonna get that Aviator ribbon
Metallica-66
+0|6666|USA
Too bad plane-whores! Hahahaahah! Down in flames buddy!
Honey
+0|6683
The game was shit befor the patch the game is still shit after the patch. The only diffrence was befor the patch the game WAS fun. EA stole my fun. BF2 will never live up to BF1942 or DC. The game is so slow now that you cant jump at the end of your run. The things i want to do the the game testers at EA i tell you they would lock me up and throw away the key. When are EA going to bring out a patch where they dont fuck up as much shit as they fix. Lets hope that desert conflict is better it cant get any worse.

So thats a big +1 vote for FUCK YOU EA from me.

Last edited by Honey (2006-02-14 19:37:36)

jamesjosephkilroy
+3|6688|Kentucky U.S.A.
I downloaded the incremental patch and now I crash to desktop. Thanks EA!
Honey
+0|6683
+ another vote for FUCK YOU EA from me.

Last edited by Honey (2006-02-14 19:52:29)

-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6707

-iLL*NaYmL3sS wrote:

^^^fuck you and fuck ea
sorry, just pissed at the new patch, didnt mean it to you but definately at ea
BloodMetal
+2|6857
This game isn't unique anymore. It's just countr-strike with saved stats.
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6773

see, the problem is that EA went in the right direction, but just over-corrected and totally changed the game (as far as balance goes)
1SFG-Hawk
+0|6703

Pythagorus wrote:

1SFG-Hawk wrote:

-=THC_RU=- wrote:

so what if it says American
I just did not choose the right flag in the beginning. Believe me it hurts me more to see that flag on my stats than it worries u.
I am a fighter pilot, and I do fly MIG-31. that flag, well u can shove it somewhere deep in ur ass.

I will just repeat what I said before(may be in different topic): when u shoot those missiles (be it from plane or stinger, etc.) chances r u will TK ur own chopper or a plane. Well now u get better lock, so u hit ur own team more often.
Was just playing on OMAN, got a very good score (was flying a US fighter plane), but the game was over because everyone in stingers was TKing their own team and got kicked out of the game. so go ahead shoot those missiles, I will make sure u get few bombs that say : "from russia with love"
Id really love to know your squadron...  I personally think youre full of it.  Ok so tell me what is that "thingy" that recieves signals from AA and SAM sites.  I know what it is..you tell me.  Im gonna need more proof than 'I am a fighter pilot'

Is that what you tell all the buck toofed crater faced girls you meet on the internet?.....(as I crack my teeth together)....ICE...cause if so you can be my wingman anytime!!!!!
That thingy you refer to wouldnt be radar would it, as you know radar tracking sam and AA sites are useless in todays modern battlefield as it would take 1 "HARM" radar tracking missle to destroy such targets, also you do know the diff between LOMAD, HIMAD, and FARR, and most LOMAD (short range)ground to air/ AA missles use IR or to put it in simple terms heat, they have a gyro style tracking head that is charged up with super cooled gas, and once its locked it pretty much stays locked, microwave/radar guided anti air, such as Patriots, or air to air missles like sparrows, would not be affected by flares, as they dont use heat seeking technology, So the pilot would need to use chaff countermeasures small strips of aluminium, that would hopefully trick the missle to read as multiple targets to the microwave seeker.
Good work...but is the RWR that recieves the signals from threats...and I didnt ask you lol.
kR4MR
3 Tours Of 'Nam And All I Got Was This Lousy Forum
+3|6754|Aus
Sorry infantry guys, but I'm on the side of the helo guys here, with AA you could do quite well with just a little skill, I practiced on an aircraft maps server, on Dragon Valley I got 25 AA kills to 8 deaths in 1/3 of a round against 16+ helos, it was nothing more than skill, one that at times was not worth trying to master.
I'm glad that support got an upgrade since I just moved from medic.
Bunnyhopping was a bad habbit of mine before I moved to support.
Sad to see dolphin diving go, it was great for clearing alleyways.

Quitters: Remember a guy called Charles Darwin, he said that the genetically superior species was the one that was most adaptive or something like that, my point: you are genetically inferior. Bwahahahaha.
Glad to see you pussies go, even though you'll be back in 3 weeks time you little emo bitches.

n00b stands for new blood, it has become more about attitude/skill than how much you play, just because you've played 500000000000 hours doesn't make you good, infact your probably a n00b.
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6699|S.E. United States
you know what I find funny through this whole thread
people keep bashing and talking to ea/dice as if they read this shit
ea/dice is "not" reading this

and Im about to go check the game out with the patch

oh boy,I can kill some jet/chopper whores
oh the revenge I can now exploit on those basturds
K1OVERDOSE
+2|6671
What little BITCH WHNNING in here.  I played the game today after the install and saw no difference in the action.  I KICKED ROYAL ASS like always.  Because I didn't start playing this game dolphin diving/flying jet or helos/etc... 
  PILOTS, you were never team players anyway.  An you usually never look around and shoot other plane down till one starts Fucking with you.  Everytime I got bombed at a flag, I always asked "where the hell in our Jet and why isn't he trying to kill the bastard enemy jet?"  Kinda like Commander killing, don't kill me and I won't kill you, BullShit (execpt Helos, you guys are ruthless, you'd kill your own mothers for another point)..   Top score players usually are pilots, just pissy because there not #1 no more.
  Try begin team players, join a squad, get you members to take out the AA, before you come flying by.  No more of this LONEWOLF PLANE WHORE CRAP....  That would be way too hard though, easier to quite playing the game and than get better at flying.  That's if you where good to begin with!!
  If I PISSED OFF anyone great you'll probably never see me one BF2 anymore... Cause you quitting RIGHT!!!
Mulchman MM
+0|6741|Virginia Beach, VA
Man... if you're in an attack helicopter you better not have a gunner. If you've got a gunner you're just waiting to die... What I'm alluding to could possibly be an exploit (?) so I'm stopping there.

Last edited by Mulchman MM (2006-02-14 20:16:00)

Metallica-66
+0|6666|USA
Are you American? If you are, you suck!
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6805|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'
after 3 pm's regarding the last paragraph of my post, and was told no one reads past the first, I was swayed to post just the last para again by itself.

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

Now? hell I think I saw a kitchen sink with a sniper rifle earlier today, working together with a well hidden sniper rifle weilding wheelbarrow. Everyone and thier mother is all of a sudden a sniper, and cocky too! The new unlock is "sniping for dummies 101" and everyone at Barnes and Noble picking up a signed copy. While I donot fly in game, I respect your skills and understand your frustrations.

HOWEVER, I personally know that there is only ONE thing todo. I must FORCE MYSELF TO BECOME EVEN BETTER, take it to the next level. For quite some time I've gotten to the point where upon map start, I Knew I was the predator, while any footsoldier was my prey (even 99% of the other snipes). Today playing...tobe honest, I felt like the prey constanly.  I've played with both of you and actually cursed you both more than once with your aerobatics:) I guess my point is....We worked very diligently honing our skills and this patch has seemed to bring the masses closer to our level, overnight.  You flew elite before, just use this to become even better, back to the drawing boards for us scope whores and air whores, new tactics, new moves. YOU take it to the next level and come out on top....well at least till the next patch:(
Bingo
was his name-o
+0|6722|SE Pennsylvania

K1OVERDOSE wrote:

What little BITCH WHNNING in here.  I played the game today after the install and saw no difference in the action.  I KICKED ROYAL ASS like always.  Because I didn't start playing this game dolphin diving/flying jet or helos/etc... 
  PILOTS, you were never team players anyway.  An you usually never look around and shoot other plane down till one starts Fucking with you.  Everytime I got bombed at a flag, I always asked "where the hell in our Jet and why isn't he trying to kill the bastard enemy jet?"  Kinda like Commander killing, don't kill me and I won't kill you, BullShit (execpt Helos, you guys are ruthless, you'd kill your own mothers for another point)..   Top score players usually are pilots, just pissy because there not #1 no more.
  Try begin team players, join a squad, get you members to take out the AA, before you come flying by.  No more of this LONEWOLF PLANE WHORE CRAP....  That would be way too hard though, easier to quite playing the game and than get better at flying.  That's if you where good to begin with!!
  If I PISSED OFF anyone great you'll probably never see me one BF2 anymore... Cause you quitting RIGHT!!!
Why don't you stay out of this thread and go into "I love the patch and I want to suck EA/Dice's penis" thread?  But thanks for the comment.

I don't know about the rest of the pilots, but when I'm tearing some new assholes in the sky, my team normally wins.  I get my fair share of ground support kills as well as plane/chopper kills.  Instead of waiting 20 minutes to walk across a damn map, I'd rather fly and take the shit out before my boys get there.  Call me a "whore" but I'm playing for the team as well as myself.  Now the game may as well not have planes anymore.  If someone's on your ass, you basically can't get away - you may as well bail out.  It's fucked, it sucks, and EA fucked up more than they fixed (as already stated).

I'm not quitting - I just took share in a 24/7 Karkand map, since flying will be as good as useless anymore.  So fuck me up the ass and call me a newborn Karkand whore, thanks to EA/Dice/whoever the fuck developed this regression patch.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard