din
+1|6734
I've used the chopper and heli for less than 30 minutes total out of the almost 200hrs i've played total but i'm basically done with the game because they've made them so much less powerful. It was a challange to take em down but now with this new patch it's too easy.

I've been playing support quite a bit lately so when i hopped on a server and picked up the pkm i noticed a huge increase in it's accuracy. I got about a 12 kill killing streak and i was barely trying. What's the point of that? It's to powerful now that it's not even fun to use.

The level of skill required to play and be good at this game is so low now that there really isn't even a point in playing it anymore. The game had this problem before but it was never this bad.

The whole culture surrounding BF2 seems to be a sick one. People don't want to try to get better at the game, instead they want to stay where they are and have the game brought down to their level.
killjoi
+2|6664
Decent pilots score about 30 kills a round and average maybe 5 deaths.  Pre-1.2 patch, it was nearly impossible to shoot one down with the stinger.  It was marginally less difficult to destroy a helicopter unless it had dropped flares and was hovering right in front of you.

Now, apparently stingers work as intended--to shoot down aircraft.  Holy shit, who'd have thought that's what they were for, because they sure didn't do shit prior.  The bottom line is this:  if you're contemplating leaving the BF 2 scene because your air whoring days are over, hopefully this patch will indeed push you over that edge.  If you want to fly all day go play a fucking flight sim.
Kusunagi
+59|6739|The land of Hookers and pod
I fucking hate this patch, normally, if you get in a chopper you were a GOD. Now, everyone is avoiding them because every motherfucker is camping in an AA to get those choppers out of the air. If you hear the clear tone that your locked, your fucking wasted, even if you drop flares.
8 missles for the chopper is horseshit, the shorter range for the tv missle is bullshit, but it is somehow easier to control.
The only thing i like about this patch is that the noobtubers get a score of a newb, k/d ratio's around the 0.5/0.8
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6702|England, UK

RKF77 wrote:

General_CoLin_Tassi wrote:

I agree mate. New tactics maybe needed as in take out the AA first. Heli's have flares. Fly in, drop flares and gun that AA mofo. Or maybe TV.
This is the kind of attitude that's pleasant to see.  Instead of screaming and crying like a little bitch with a skinned knee, some players simply understand that altering tactics is going to be a necessary evil.  Good to see some people get it...it'll separate the men from the boys, for sure.
Respect mate. Respect! The men shall fight on, the biatch's will bitch. Whats next on moaning noob list, tank shells too powerful, bullets cause damage lol
I do think though that the AA could have been improved without altering the jet/heli's spec's. Two fold reduction.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6702|England, UK

Kusunagi wrote:

I fucking hate this patch, normally, if you get in a chopper you were a GOD. Now, everyone is avoiding them because every motherfucker is camping in an AA to get those choppers out of the air. If you hear the clear tone that your locked, your fucking wasted, even if you drop flares.
8 missles for the chopper is horseshit, the shorter range for the tv missle is bullshit, but it is somehow easier to control.
The only thing i like about this patch is that the noobtubers get a score of a newb, k/d ratio's around the 0.5/0.8
AA whores. Who would have thought it.
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6788|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'

1sfg-ronln wrote:

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

im totally with 1SFG's opinion on this, the whole mindset behind the changes in the patch were "OMG i suck at this game, ********edit***** EA fuck the game up for everyone whos accually good so the hundreds of thousands of us noobs can maintain at least a .4 k/d ratio "
thank you...  my fellow ronin...  This game was diverse, and now it is left to the hands of the untalented...  Im sorry but it took me a long time to get that good in a helo...  Same for everything else in the game..  I still get worked by AA on some maps, but now... Any kid who just got the game can smoke me out of the air without trying..  How is that in anyway fair???   I have put a couple hundred hours in a helo...
"This game was diverse, and now it is left to the hands of the untalented...  Im sorry but it took me a long time to get that good!"

LOL This will be my quote of the day tobesure

While I certainly donot fly in BF2, I could not agree more with both of your opinions. I've spent my entire time in BF2 trying to craft my sniping. I achieve a respectable # of team points,caps,defends, etc. etc. all the while remaining 90% Sniper. I am proud to say that my kill #'s rate me in the top of BF2 because I did it with teamwork and worked with squads/voice etc. 

Now? hell I think I saw a kitchen sink with a sniper rifle earlier today, working together with a well hidden sniper rifle weilding wheelbarrow. Everyone and thier mother is all of a sudden a sniper, and cocky too! The new unlock is "sniping for dummies 101" and everyone at Barnes and Noble picking up a signed copy. While I donot fly in game, I respect your skills and understand your frustrations.

HOWEVER, I personally know that there is only ONE thing todo. I must FORCE MYSELF TO BECOME EVEN BETTER, take it to the next level. For quite some time I've gotten to the point where upon map start, I Knew I was the predator, while any footsoldier was my prey (even 99% of the other snipes). Today playing...tobe honest, I felt like the prey constanly.  I've played with both of you and actually cursed you both more than once with your aerobatics:) I guess my point is....We worked very diligently honing our skills and this patch has seemed to bring the masses closer to our level, overnight.  You flew elite before, just use this to become even better, back to the drawing boards for us scope whores and air whores, new tactics, new moves. YOU take it to the next level and come out on top....well at least till the next patch:(

Last edited by [GDC]SinnFein (2006-02-14 13:39:04)

kn0ckahh
+98|6740|netherlands, sweet lake city
I hate this patch:
  1         the TV missles are  so slow that every n00b can handle  them
  2         the AA missles are way overpower ( they dont care about flares, theyre so fast you hardly get a chance to drop them)
  3         8 missles for an chopper is not enough
uk.solidsnake
+3|6709|England, UK

1sfg-ronln wrote:

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

im totally with 1SFG's opinion on this, the whole mindset behind the changes in the patch were "OMG i suck at this game, i always get owned by planes, EA fuck the game up for everyone whos accually good so the hundreds of thousands of us noobs can maintain at least a .4 k/d ratio "
thank you...  my fellow ronin...  This game was diverse, and now it is left to the hands of the untalented...  Im sorry but it took me a long time to get that good in a helo...  Same for everything else in the game..  I still get worked by AA on some maps, but now... Any kid who just got the game can smoke me out of the air without trying..  How is that in anyway fair???   I have put a couple hundred hours in a helo...  and kids that suck at the game as bad as BEAT MY CLOWN PATROL over here can shoot me down.... i say bullshit...

this patch needs to be fixed... now everyones TKing each other to get on AA.... i never thought id see the day....

And to all the bitchy ass whine bags out there that bitched for this too happen... Why didnt you stick to your CS source where there isnt any helos and planes....  so i say to all you " gound pounders"  aka... shitty pilots... way to ruin a good game
Totally agree, this patch seems to have been designed for those who aren't skilled enough to play the original game. I find it appauling that all pilots and even infantry players that have developed their skills are now being ass shafted because some morons can't be bothered spending time getting good enough to combat decent players, or those who simply have a grudge because they got M203ed or bombed once or twice. How the fuck is that fair?

This is almost as if some unseen force came down from the sky and started helping the Iraqis out to help "balance out war" against the highly trained US Marines. Bad analogy, but it's the first thing I could think of, and I need to go spend some time revamping my tactics because this new patch has fucked up my playing style.
Sir Killa4live
+12|6648
All good and fun, but this patch messes up the performance, which means i now have to play evrything at Low and still have 15 Fps with Sniper Rifle zoom, WTF!
Kusunagi
+59|6739|The land of Hookers and pod

kn0ckahh wrote:

I hate this patch:
  1         the TV missles are  so slow that every n00b can handle  them
  2         the AA missles are way overpower ( they dont care about flares, theyre so fast you hardly get a chance to drop them)
  3         8 missles for an chopper is not enough
Word on that, niggah
greatdane
+0|6655
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GL not fixed!!!!!!!!

if you want something from me i will be playing the 7 kabale, so much more realistic and fun
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6712

greatdane wrote:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GL not fixed!!!!!!!!

if you want something from me i will be playing the 7 kabale, so much more realistic and fun
Nope neither is the red name tag bug

https://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6245/untitled7nk.jpg

That screen was taken on the EA EU1A server (there main server in europe) map was fushee pass i was chienese, we had no spawn points left and this is what happened red name tag bug on our last man alive, also we had people spawning on other teams flags me and a clan mate where taking fish factory it had just neutralised and all of a sudden 6 enemy players came out of thin air WTF killed us and took back the flag.

AND WHY O WHY DID THEY NERF THE BLACKHAWK WHORING ON MASHITUR IS NOW IMPOSIBLE - good news for the MEC team tho :-P
1sfg-ronln
+25|6795
In all honestly.... i have taken out helos and jets in tons of ways... before the patch...  I have eryxed a j10...  i have TVed jets, took em out with the pilots missles in a helo... i m95 flying helo pilots.... i even C4ed a FLYING j10....  (swept the deck on dalian, and i c4 tossed him..)...  and i am not trying to brag, i am just trying to show that i only ground pound half the time and i didnt have a problem taking em out...  When a helo would take me out at a flag... i would spawn at that same flag with a vengeance....  it was actually fun... it gave you a challenge to overcome...  All these ground pounders, when you are getting mowed down by a helo and cant take him out, spawn elsewhere.... if its your last flag..... then dont spawn... wait till the round ends.... lol

but all said and done, i am prolly gonna have to retire this game...  never thought id go back to joint operations...
teckng778
+2|6699
This patch is a POS and I hate EA/Dice... With the new patch i have no buildings or anything... i just see apcs, hummers, tanks and people... I also get 1 - 2FPS...

Thank you EA/Dice for destroying my game w/ your new patch...

BTW It works great with the last patch... but every other patch they screw it up!!!
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6764

Question for all you real chopper pilots... how many of you feel underpowered with just 8 rockets instead of 14?

I remember that an assault on an enemy would take anywhere between 6-10 rockets. I would be left with 4-6 at that point which was never enough for another assault so I would be quick to reload and be ready for the next assault.

I have no problem with the 8 this time around. I just have to make sure that each one of them scores, thus requiring a bit more skill and patience.
N3v3rF0rg3tUSA
+1|6649|People's Rep. of Massachusetts
At the risk of being flamed, so flame on ...

ANYONE who refers to ANYONE else as a "Noob" or refers to ANY weapon as a "Noob" weapon is an ignorant Dickhead.

The game is yet another modern adaptation of the age-proven game of "rock, paper, scissors".  Just because the GL kills YOU doesn't make it unfair, noobish, stupid or whatever other unimaginitive descriptor you simpletons come up with. It pisses me off to read you arrogant sh1theads railing against someone using a kit YOU didn't personally approve. FU idiot.

It is in the game, so it is legal.  If it is SOOOO effective, then why the hell don't you pick one up.  DON'T ANSWER, I know why.  Because you are SOOOO attached to whatever kit YOU play the most, you can not imagine branching out and trying another one.  And you consider it a personal afront to your delicate sensibilities that a trumping kit might actually exist out there.  Wah wah wah wah wah!

You are SF so you hate the Assault/GL
You are a Sniper so you hate armor
You are helo/aircraft flyboy so you hate AA or AT
You drive armor so you hate AT
You are Assault so you hate snipers
etc
etc
etc

You see a pattern developing here hint Rock, paper, scissors.

Quit your friggin whining about M203's and AA and snipers and C4 and whatever kit happens to trump your kit, cuz they have specific kits that trump them.  Do what I do, I start out playing sniper, see a bunch of armor looneys driving around, so I switch to AT, they figure it out change tactics, then I do, then they do, then I do, etc.  OR just stick with your kit and take your lumps and shut up about "Noob Weapons".  Everytime I see someone complain about a "Noob" weapon in-game, I switch to that weapon and stick it up his a$$ (if I can), usually they are still good enough to kick my butt, but that is besides the point).

JEZUZ H KRIST, your like a bunch of goose chicks, honk, whine, wah, NOOOOOB, honk, piss, moan!

Shut up and play or go find another game.

Just because I haven't been playing the game since Beta doesn't make me ignorant, I'll reserve that title for you pompous judgemental VETERANS who have no jobs and can afford to sit around playing a game and whining about it all damn day long.  How the hell do you even get 500 hours of playing time in in a few months anyway.  Krist, get a friggin job.

NOOB, stupidest term I have ever come across, you have to start somewhere smart a$$.

One last thing, why don't you demonstrate what a true imbecile you are and reply with something really clever like "spoken like a true Noob".

Flame on you Veteran heroes of BF2!
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6757

I think that EA should have done either
1) fixed the damn AA
or
2) made the choppers/planes weaker

not both, because that results in no air combat (except for the super-skilled)
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6764

N3v3rF0rg3tUSA wrote:

ANYONE who refers to ANYONE else as a "Noob" or refers to ANY weapon as a "Noob" weapon is an ignorant Dickhead.

The game is yet another modern adaptation of the age-proven game of "rock, paper, scissors".  Just because the GL kills YOU doesn't make it unfair, noobish, stupid or whatever other unimaginitive descriptor you simpletons come up with. It pisses me off to read you arrogant sh1theads railing against someone using a kit YOU didn't personally approve. FU idiot.

It is in the game, so it is legal.  If it is SOOOO effective, then why the hell don't you pick one up.  DON'T ANSWER, I know why.  Because you are SOOOO attached to whatever kit YOU play the most, you can not imagine branching out and trying another one.  And you consider it a personal afront to your delicate sensibilities that a trumping kit might actually exist out there.  Wah wah wah wah wah!

etc
etc
etc

Quit your friggin whining about M203's and AA and snipers and C4 and whatever kit happens to trump your kit, cuz they have specific kits that trump them.  Do what I do, I start out playing sniper, see a bunch of armor looneys driving around, so I switch to AT, they figure it out change tactics, then I do, then they do, then I do, etc.  OR just stick with your kit and take your lumps and shut up about "Noob Weapons".  Everytime I see someone complain about a "Noob" weapon in-game, I switch to that weapon and stick it up his a$$ (if I can), usually they are still good enough to kick my butt, but that is besides the point).

JEZUZ H KRIST, your like a bunch of goose chicks, honk, whine, wah, NOOOOOB, honk, piss, moan!

Just because I haven't been playing the game since Beta doesn't make me ignorant, I'll reserve that title for you pompous judgemental VETERANS who have no jobs and can afford to sit around playing a game and whining about it all damn day long.  How the hell do you even get 500 hours of playing time in in a few months anyway.  Krist, get a friggin job.

NOOB, stupidest term I have ever come across, you have to start somewhere smart a$$.

One last thing, why don't you demonstrate what a true imbecile you are and reply with something really clever like "spoken like a true Noob".

spoken like a true Noob
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6706|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

THIS PATCH SUX MAJOR P33N! WTF!

Ok, Yeah, 1-2 shot kills with most guns, no jumping when you shoot. at has become anti-infantry...

EA BLOWS MAJOR ANUS!
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6656|United States of America
Ha Ha Ha, all you Air Whores complaining about the changes. I enjoyed watching you guys TK for your rides, so I will miss that. 

HMMMMM, ever think of team work, maybe send troops or a jet in at AA sites to clear them out for a run at a site.  WHOA, who would have thought to use stategy in a war game.  They have this thing call Team Speak, try it.

I can't wait to get off work and try the new game,,,,, although it might end my marriage.  God I'll miss her.....cooking.

Major_Spittle
N3v3rF0rg3tUSA
+1|6649|People's Rep. of Massachusetts

GotMex? wrote:

N3v3rF0rg3tUSA wrote:

etc
etc
etc

spoken like a true Noob
LOL, Thx GotMex, I was asking for that one
[DC] Sf-Orry
+0|6728
why can you still bunny in the new patch i though they gonna fix it.... NOT!!
a little bit disapoiting to me, and the game feeling is quite diverent now it's not the same feeling anymore.

is it me or does anyone else has the same problem!

greetz
1sfg-ronln
+25|6795
I just dont see how anyone can come in here and say that they have evened things out....  tell me how sitting in a stationary AA gun is remotely even close to as hard to master as a helo or jet...   Im sorry, but before the patch, their were quite a few kids out there that for some reason knew exactly when to fire the AA... they were good, reall good... Now it only takes 1 second for a lock.... not 3.... and they are garunteed to hit.... wheres the fun or skill in that...
josh's
Banned
+2|6691
does the p90 suck???
uk.solidsnake
+3|6709|England, UK
I can in all honesty find nothing good with this patch. Let's elaborate, shall we?

First off, I like how I can no longer dive out of the way of fire as easily as I could before, it seems DICE think that as a soldier, I enjoy being killed and won't do anything within my strength to avoid a bullet to the head. It's also interesting how they haven't fixed grenade launchers at all, prone diving is still as prominant as ever, and I prone as fast as an overweight EA employee. In fact, I'd say grenade launchers are better, you can shoot in front of you, the grenade gets stuck in the ground and you can sidestep out of the way since it has a timed detonation, brilliant!

It's also cool how I can sit on top of a hill, and get sniped by a guy with a PKM who is on the edge of my draw distance. Did I mention he was sprinting towards me while he shot at me? I guess I should use the support class if I want to snipe in the future. It seems more effective.

Hey hey, more problems, the red name bug is actually occuring more now. Great job DICE, oh yeah, you broke my print screen button too. I guess they wanted to hinder people from taking screenshots of the buggiest game on the planet.

I also like how jumping is completely screwed up and beyond all logic. When you land, it takes a good few seconds to be able to shoot again. I thought to myself, how odd, so I picked up my airsoft rifle, jumped up in the air and aimed at my center speaker as I landed. I was pleasantly surprised, that as a young teenager with barely any infantry training, I could still hit targets after jumping up and down. It seems DICE is under the impression highly trained Marines and Insurgents are incapable of this. I did get some weird looks from my family while I did this, though, and my center speaker took a good bashing as I knocked it clean off my desk.

All in all, good job DICE, in my opinion you are now the most illogical and idiotic game designers on the face of this planet, sitting right alongside EA. I guess this is what happens when you team up with bloodsucking corporate whores such as EA.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard