Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6692|Howell, Mi USA

uber73 wrote:

=SA=VaSSiLi wrote:

Basically, I hate this patch.  So much. Like, the hate is beyond words.  IMO, being able to jump and prone and fire really fast was such a big part of the game.
muhuahahahahahhahaahahahhaah, IMO, the patch must work then, cuz cockmasters like u are now hobbled!
suck it dude.
Pwned bitch... LOL
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
-=THC_RU=-
+0|6706
well, this sucks

so this game will be full of stupid noobs who can throw a rock at an airplane or a chopper and it falls appart.

It was a perfectly balanced game. Most of u who bitched about helos and planes play on Kark only anyways, so why would u spoil the game for everyone else?

Thats life I guess, those who cant do shit complain  and complain, most of the time they dont even play, just complain.

As Bill Clinton said in The Simpsons: If u complain long enough your dreams will come true.
How about u do something to make them com true.

Well, whatever, its good that there are other games coming out so I can forget about this ruined piece of crap.
Beatdown Patrol
+1|6736
LOL!  Listen to all the no-talent flyboys (NTFBs) whine!!!!  AA is too powwahful! 

Give me a stinkin' break, you spoiled brats.  Why is it that everybody else in the game is allowed to die in less than a second, but you can't?   This is supposed to be a "Rock-Paper-Sissors" type game where everything is supposed to have some type of viable counter.  Tank kills Sniper.  Anti-Tank/Special Forces kills Tank.  Sniper kills AT/Special Forces.  Getting the drift?

Airpower has run UNHINDERED since this games release with absolutely NOTHING that could consistantly kill them even when you have the drop on them.  I can't give enough examples of Helo pilots laughing at me as they fly away after having enough rounds pumped into them to give the pilots lead poisoning.  Or what about when you pump 20 rounds in to one with an APC only to have it turn around and blast you to scrap.  Or what about when you nail a Helo with a 120mm smoothbore cannon on your tank and the pilot turns around and sends you to heaven with one strafing run.

Ya see...the problem is that most of the NTFBs have no clue how deadly AA is in real life...hence their tactics in the game are based on a false perception that air power trumps everything.  Newsflash, NTFBs...something with radar tracking or puts up 4,500 rounds per minute is SUPPOSED to be respected and is supposed to kill you in less than a seconds.  That is why you avoid the stationary ones or kill them with TVGMs.  Now, instead of flying around the battlefield and laughing like an NFL linebacker playing in a high school football game, you have to worry about something that can actually challenge your superiority.

Instead of jumping into a thread and whining about how you can no longer get 20 to 1 kill ratios, I suggest you STFU and start thinking about how you are going to need to change your previously "untactical" tactics.  That is what we have been doing while trying to figure out how to stay alive against your previously unchallenged superiority.

- Beatdown
Mighty_Spaz
+0|6652
only complaint i have with it is the fact that the GL is now weaker.. making it easier to shoot in close range and it can no longer shoot as far as before.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6692|Howell, Mi USA

Beatdown Patrol wrote:

LOL!  Listen to all the no-talent flyboys (NTFBs) whine!!!!  AA is too powwahful! 

Give me a stinkin' break, you spoiled brats.  Why is it that everybody else in the game is allowed to die in less than a second, but you can't?   This is supposed to be a "Rock-Paper-Sissors" type game where everything is supposed to have some type of viable counter.  Tank kills Sniper.  Anti-Tank/Special Forces kills Tank.  Sniper kills AT/Special Forces.  Getting the drift?

Airpower has run UNHINDERED since this games release with absolutely NOTHING that could consistantly kill them even when you have the drop on them.  I can't give enough examples of Helo pilots laughing at me as they fly away after having enough rounds pumped into them to give the pilots lead poisoning.  Or what about when you pump 20 rounds in to one with an APC only to have it turn around and blast you to scrap.  Or what about when you nail a Helo with a 120mm smoothbore cannon on your tank and the pilot turns around and sends you to heaven with one strafing run.

Ya see...the problem is that most of the NTFBs have no clue how deadly AA is in real life...hence their tactics in the game are based on a false perception that air power trumps everything.  Newsflash, NTFBs...something with radar tracking or puts up 4,500 rounds per minute is SUPPOSED to be respected and is supposed to kill you in less than a seconds.  That is why you avoid the stationary ones or kill them with TVGMs.  Now, instead of flying around the battlefield and laughing like an NFL linebacker playing in a high school football game, you have to worry about something that can actually challenge your superiority.

Instead of jumping into a thread and whining about how you can no longer get 20 to 1 kill ratios, I suggest you STFU and start thinking about how you are going to need to change your previously "untactical" tactics.  That is what we have been doing while trying to figure out how to stay alive against your previously unchallenged superiority.

- Beatdown
Amen bro, us ground pounders finally have a chance and they don't like it.

EDIT: Are u frickin serious THC_RU? A perfactly balanced game? give me a break, we all know AA is deadly in real life, and an aircraft can take 1 sidewinder in the tailpipe and it's fucked. Im glad AA is fixed, im tired of haveing a dead lock on a jet only to have my missles fly the other way. Jets might have the advantage but they are scared of AA.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-02-14 09:27:20)

4lter_3go
+1|6744|Leighton Barracks, Germany

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

I think it's going to ruin the way I play.

Last edited by 4lter_3go (2006-02-14 09:23:33)

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6752

Beatdown Patrol wrote:

- Beatdown
If only there was a medal for telling the truth... If it was a badge you would have gotten expert for hitting the nail there
ShakaZuluKhan
+0|6715|Chicago

Beatdown Patrol wrote:

- Beatdown
Amen! I'm sure we all have horror stories about lighting up an attack chopper with a positive lock from an AA battery, actually have a round impact the chopper (which is amazing in its own right) and have that chopper immediately turn around and destroy you in one run. Alot of ppl have been complaining about how the patch makes it unbalanced. No, now it IS balanced. Finally an oppurtunity to put up SOME kind of decent defense against air power. Agreed, they should have just fixed AA to be more accurate and damaging instead of lowering HP's, but this is what we got for now. You can thank DICE for that . Now either go have fun guys, and adopt, adapt, and improve, or go find a new game.
1SFG-Hawk
+0|6683

uk.solidsnake wrote:

Great, so aircraft have been weakened so that people on the ground can have a better gaming experience. I guess it doesn't occur to a lot of people that for some players, aircraft is all they can do. Some people only enjoy flying aircraft, others enjoy ground work.

Sure, aircraft are powerful, but flying a chopper or plane around on a heavily populated server without being shot down is difficult. If a jet is whoring on a map, it generally has nothing to do with the game mechanics. It's because your pilots aren't doing their fucking job. If a jet is dominating the skies, get in your jet and give him some grief. Don't moan that aircraft are overpowered if you aren't even attempting to hinder their whoring. Some people talk about aircraft as if only one team get them. Both get the same vehicles.
very nicely said there bud!! I couldnt agree more...what a screwed up patch job.

I cant wait for the 1.25 patch to come out
It will be called "We fucked up, so heres your game back"
Torin
+52|6690
BF2 != real.

All this talk about "AA is more realistic" is completely stupid, the game isn't meant to be realistic.

I don't care how much they "balance" AA, I'm still gonna own you ground pounding whiners. Yes, enjoy your victory over the lesser pilots, but nothing will change about you getting owned by good pilots.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6692|Howell, Mi USA

1SFG-Hawk wrote:

uk.solidsnake wrote:

Great, so aircraft have been weakened so that people on the ground can have a better gaming experience. I guess it doesn't occur to a lot of people that for some players, aircraft is all they can do. Some people only enjoy flying aircraft, others enjoy ground work.

Sure, aircraft are powerful, but flying a chopper or plane around on a heavily populated server without being shot down is difficult. If a jet is whoring on a map, it generally has nothing to do with the game mechanics. It's because your pilots aren't doing their fucking job. If a jet is dominating the skies, get in your jet and give him some grief. Don't moan that aircraft are overpowered if you aren't even attempting to hinder their whoring. Some people talk about aircraft as if only one team get them. Both get the same vehicles.
very nicely said there bud!! I couldnt agree more...what a screwed up patch job.

I cant wait for the 1.25 patch to come out
It will be called "We fucked up, so heres your game back"
U guys have obviously never been on the recieving end of a jet whore bombing your position in 10 second intervals. Or not getting to drive 10ft w/o being bombed. or useing an AA battery in hopes of shooting down the aircraft only to have nothing happen.
-=THC_RU=-
+0|6706
just because u cant play why should others suffer? I had no problem shooting down a chopper or a plane from thise stingers and especially from AA vehicles.

Just because u suck at something does not mean that others should suffer because of that.

Perfect example: I was playing Operation Cleansweep last night as a commander. Our team was left with one point to respawn and the enemy stole our bomber. So they had 2 bombers and a fighter jet. My team was bitching  about them being stat padders, plane whores, and whatever else u people come up with. But no one wanted to leave the base to capture flags no matter how many orders I gave. They were only crying about being bombed. So I (commander) run to a different spawn point, captured it, took the plane and shot them down. All 3 of them. You know what it is called? PLAYING THE FUCKING GAME!!!

If u cant do that, may be u should stop playing? Or get yourself  SIMs and play all u want, on the other hand your character might die, who will u bitch to then? Huh?

Why would you waste your money on a game that u think sucks and needs to be changed? Why not get an infantry only game?
And no matter how powerful the AA are it is still very hard to shoot down a plane or a chopper in real life. In real life u dont have to wait for flares to reload (u have a limited ammount of them), u just shoot them out so u dont get hit.
I am a fighter pilot dude, I fly Mig-31.
U can see when there is a missile going to shoot u down, u have a radar to see that, so u can take evasive actions.
1SFG-Hawk
+0|6683

Beatdown Patrol wrote:

- Beatdown
you have no room to talk dude...  by the look of your stats you are a lazy sniper prick.  why would anyone in their right mind want to play S N I P E R (Same Noob I Pown Every Round).  OH I KNOW WHY!!!!  Because you cant ground combat...You cant CQB....and God knows you cant fly.  Ive seen your filthy little dick trickle stats.

BTW guys SAM's do not always contact their target.  they have a 30 maybe 40 percent chance of hitting their mark.  Admittingly its better than a 0 percent chance.  The point I am trying to make is EA jacked up the air defenses in order to keep you boys alive. OKAY!!!  So why weaken the aircraft when its easier to hit them now? 

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!!!
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6692|Howell, Mi USA
Im not saying take jets out of the game. But they do have it pretty dam easy, u gotta admit. AA (b4 the patch) was a frickin joke. And whats all this crap about jets rearming by just flying over the runway. THAT is what leads to being jet whored, killed every 10 seconds soon as u respawn because u no skill pilots just have to fly back and forth.
1SFG-Hawk
+0|6683

-=THC_RU=- wrote:

I am a fighter pilot dude, I fly Mig-31.
youre kidding me right????  your stat sig says youre American, but yet you fly the mig 31!!!???  Gimmie a break liar.  Dream on...Dream on.
However I hate to say it but youre right about everything else. Heh
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6692|Howell, Mi USA
u said it yourself RU.... Just because u suck at something does not mean that others should suffer because of that.

Just because u suck at ground combat EA doesn't change anything about that for u. They didn't lower hit points on tanks so your bombs work better. EA knows aircraft are jewish in this game and they got changed. and they changed AA to give us "ground pounders" and fighting chance.

And do u ever hear about people being TK'ed for armor or jeeps.....NO it's always some of u jet whores who kill your teammate because they beat u to your precious F-15 crackpipe all to preserve your 20-1 k/d ratio. Thats not helping your team.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-02-14 10:24:54)

bhnrecon
+0|6645
Everyone bitching about plane whores this is for you.... have you ever gotten in a plane and played a round??? Me and most of my clan are good piolts... i personally have over 60 hours in the jet... try to get 20 kills in the f18 or f-35.... it is not easy if the other team has a GOOD not great just a GOOD piolt in the air... if the teams are stacked even... then the planes should have a hard time bombing the ground, due to the fact that there is someone on their ass.... so with that being said... i haven't had a chance to play since before the patch came out sometime last night, so we shall see what it does... also... i didn't have a problem shooting down planes or choppers before this new patch... maybe everyone crying here just didn't realize to wait until after the helo or plane had flared to fire both rockets.... hrm.... pitty... all i have to say is if EA/Dice has made this game a pussy whiner's heaven... most of the ppl that i play with will leave the game...

Again... well put... this is a squad based game... the reason that i can (and the rest of my squad can) run around and have a K of 20+ to 5- is because we WORK TOGETHER... new concept??? i think not... 1 medic... 1 support, 1 spec ops.. and 1 Assault.... that is a squad that you will HAVE to come after with 2 APC's ....

In the real world... their is radar in jets, and other "objects" that provide the piolt with a means to ID and take out most threats to him while he is FAR FAR FAR out of site...  where as in game all you have is 2 cluster bombs, 6 sidewinders, and guns... that is not a good air to ground load... personally i would be bitching if the planes carried Mavericks or other AGMs then that would suck...  example

http://www.airforce-technology.com/proj … su254.html

so to all the people with tears out there about "plane whoring" just STFU... the planes were at a "disabled" state to start with... i agree with the AA being improved.. however i don't think that they should have taken HP from the planes and choppers... glad to hear NoobTubing will be reduced... c4 frisbees being gone is ok too....

just EA before you SCREW the game anymore... come to the players who have skill, and ask us before you screw the game up... besides... the people in game that have 500+ hours are making you money... planing to buy the "booster packs" and they appear to play the game more... (time in game being the factor) you should listen to ppl like that instead of listening to ppl with 60 hours ingame crying cause they bought the game late and can't keep up with the rest of us... for god's sake i have more time sitting in AA then some of these guys have in game.... /rant

~Recon
KurtisMayfield
+1|6652
How come everyone complaining about the airplanes is a pilot with tons of kills and 8:1 K ratios?

Until I see a ground pounder complain about the airplanes, everything else is just self-interested jet pilots who could care less if the game is balanced. Just as long as they keep their 40-5 round scores they are happy.

Where were you jet pilots complaining about the effective AA in DC or BF1942? Oh I am sorry you weren't there because you got too used to being in your flying tanks in BF2. Now they are vunerable can you learn, adapt, and overcome?

I hope the chopper pilots learn and adapt, or else I feel sorry for them the most. The choppers were already pretty easy to shoot down with 2 .50 cals. Take 2 jeeps on sharqi at the hotel flag, and have one man on the AA.. while the chopper pilots rushes in to kill the AA, you catch the chopper in the cross fire from the .50 cal's and presto! Flaming chopper!

Now one 50 cal and a pistol bullet will take the choppers down. Learn to use the terrain to your advantage chopper pilots you will need to be stealthy.
Torin
+52|6690
As a veteran DC pilot, all these BF2 noobs have no idea about what dealing with AA is until they deal with a good SA-3 gunner. AA in BF2 has always been a joke, and now that it's better, most probably won't even bother to learn how to counter it.

People may actually have to kill AA now rather than just evade all fire from it. But since all the complaining is coming from base raping noobs, its no wonder. I welcome the new challenge as a BF2 pilot, AA was a complete joke.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6692|Howell, Mi USA

bhnrecon wrote:

Everyone bitching about plane whores this is for you.... have you ever gotten in a plane and played a round??? Me and most of my clan are good piolts... i personally have over 60 hours in the jet... try to get 20 kills in the f18 or f-35.... it is not easy if the other team has a GOOD not great just a GOOD piolt in the air... if the teams are stacked even... then the planes should have a hard time bombing the ground, due to the fact that there is someone on their ass.... so with that being said... i haven't had a chance to play since before the patch came out sometime last night, so we shall see what it does... also... i didn't have a problem shooting down planes or choppers before this new patch... maybe everyone crying here just didn't realize to wait until after the helo or plane had flared to fire both rockets.... hrm.... pitty... all i have to say is if EA/Dice has made this game a pussy whiner's heaven... most of the ppl that i play with will leave the game...

Again... well put... this is a squad based game... the reason that i can (and the rest of my squad can) run around and have a K of 20+ to 5- is because we WORK TOGETHER... new concept??? i think not... 1 medic... 1 support, 1 spec ops.. and 1 Assault.... that is a squad that you will HAVE to come after with 2 APC's ....

In the real world... their is radar in jets, and other "objects" that provide the piolt with a means to ID and take out most threats to him while he is FAR FAR FAR out of site...  where as in game all you have is 2 cluster bombs, 6 sidewinders, and guns... that is not a good air to ground load... personally i would be bitching if the planes carried Mavericks or other AGMs then that would suck...  example

http://www.airforce-technology.com/proj … su254.html

so to all the people with tears out there about "plane whoring" just STFU... the planes were at a "disabled" state to start with... i agree with the AA being improved.. however i don't think that they should have taken HP from the planes and choppers... glad to hear NoobTubing will be reduced... c4 frisbees being gone is ok too....

just EA before you SCREW the game anymore... come to the players who have skill, and ask us before you screw the game up... besides... the people in game that have 500+ hours are making you money... planing to buy the "booster packs" and they appear to play the game more... (time in game being the factor) you should listen to ppl like that instead of listening to ppl with 60 hours ingame crying cause they bought the game late and can't keep up with the rest of us... for god's sake i have more time sitting in AA then some of these guys have in game.... /rant

~Recon
Give me a break dude 20 kills IAR. requirments for Arial service ribbon are 19 IAR i believe. i got that ribbon in my first week playing this game using a jet. don't tell me it's hard getting that many kills in a round being a pilot because it's not.

Just the other day my team was pwning MEC on Kubra. MEC had 1 Outpost. Our pilot would fly in and drop his payload over the CP and flay away with like 10 kills in one pass without being in "harms way" at all. That is NOT hard.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-02-14 10:41:56)

Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6721
Can anyone tell me if the new ranks come with patch or do we wait for the booster?
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6786|England

Lt.Maverick|Lw| wrote:

Can anyone tell me if the new ranks come with patch or do we wait for the booster?
With Patch.
bhnrecon
+0|6645
like i said... if the other team is doing there job... i am not trying to flame someone.. but by all means.. you wanna start it up cool.... if the other team is using the tools they have at hand... then it becomes hard... which spawn point did the MEC have.. was it air port... if not then you effectly killed their chances when you took that.. if they had air port... then it is their fault for not having a piolt skilled enough to take out the enemy plane... if you are in an air fight for 8 to 9 mins with 1 plane then guess what... makes it hard to drop bombs... come fly with me before all the servers are patched... then if you are a good piolt it will take a lengthy dog fight ... if not.. you will be reaching for the "e" key before too long...

~Recon
FrEaK
+1|6780|Finland

MrBrain wrote:

I see an possible exploit(?) with AT mines. The servers now got an option to turn off friendly fires for AT mines separately. I.e. all engineers will throw mines as crazy while being on the enemy side it's not possible to blow them up anymore with a tank/APC. As it isn't hard enough to see them, now you can't destroy them even if you see them.

And mark my word for it, there will be A LOT of AT mines on the ground from now on.

The red bug is still there, and the GL (GRENADE!!!) got a smaller blast raduis as if it wasn't small enough before. Also there is a rumor that says that the new sniper rifle kills with one shot i the chest also.

A lot of unbalance to a pretty well balanced game as it is (except for those crappy stingers/AA-vehicles)

[edit]I must be a pro complainer, 1st post here [/edit]
The sniper rifle does not kill with 1 chest shot. The sniper rifle owns the whole game. The sniper rifle has headshot seeking bullets though
joker8baller
+68|6664
Well... There goes any chance of people using helicopters... Attack chopper need to be stronger...

Let's put it this way.. Is an assault rifle gonna be able to take out an armored chopper? especially since it takes 3-6 missles to actually take out a tank, yet a tank can take out the chopper in one shot? AA. Wow. I'm average in the plane situation... not great but seriously... 99.99% accuracy is a little too much... It's almost impossible to survive... It's too powerful.

Last edited by joker8baller (2006-02-14 10:57:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard