GameSkillPhil
+0|6687
My Main problem with the new patch is that when I am in a plane passing by an Enemy and a fellow Teamate say they are both in seperate helos, I fire my missles and more often than not the missles will hit my teamate even though I have locked onto the enemy.  I have gotten more teamkills because of this stupid issue than I had before the Patch.  This is the only real problem with the patch.

Good one EA you win, I give up

Last edited by GameSkillPhil (2006-02-18 14:54:50)

prettybird
+10|6731
i say they should make patch 1.12 ranked with the new ranks and unlockables added so we can all just play the patch we want. i fucking hate 1.2 cause its changing the whole game play around after the game has been out for so long which is fucking stupid. that way we dont have to put up with this bullshit arguing and flaming and everyone can be happy.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6793|Perth, Western Australia

Beatdown wrote:

I personally don't care if they increase the hitpoints on Helos.  If that makes pilots feel more secure, then fine.....as long as I can still drop one without using a full belt of .50 cal ammo or overheating my APCs main cannon. 

I don't care if they increase Helos hitpoints...as long as if I hit a Helo with my 120mm smoothbore tank cannon, the helo is almost dead.  (and for the record...I personally believe that a tank round should be an instant kill on any aircraft.  The skill it takes to hit a moving helo with a tank round is very, very high)

I also don't care if they increase the hitpoints...as long as two missiles still down a Helo.

I mean, lets air the dirty little secret here.  Pilots are not asking for more hitpoints because they fear AA missiles.  Two missile hits should always equal 1 dead bird and everyone knows that.  Pilots want their hitpoints back because they want to restore their survivability against heavy machine guns along with tank rounds and the 25mm & 30mm cannons on APCs.  By doing this...pilots would indeed have their flying tanks back in effect.  Why is it that you don't hear any screaming about the 8 missiles and shortened TVGM range?  It is because most pilots really don't care about that since OFFENSIVE power was never the issue with airpower.  The entire issue with airpower was the ineffective AA and that the HITPOINTS and ARMOR on Helos made it impossible for any type of ground force to swat them before either their weapon overheated or the pilot would run out of range.  More often though...the pilot would just turn around and kill you with the mentality that you were more of a nuisance than a threat.  I am having a very hard time in understanding why pilots can not seem admit or accept this fact. 

In relation to the jets, the AA now locks tone faster because jets could streak in at any altitude and blow anything to pieces before the AA could get a lock.  The new lock times are fast, but still not so fast that a jet still can't fly directly at the AA site and toast it with guns.  As other notorious pilot (whom I won't name) has bragadociously stated...they have already found a way around the problem.  Even more laughable is that the while AA is more deadly, the reduced range of AA has created gaps where air can penetrate and attack with impunity.  Time to adjust your ingress/egress routes, pilots.

...and finally, I find that off all the crying and moaning and rending of hair and gnashing of teeth, pilots are STILL placing at the top of the food chain on maps with air.  They die a little more and have to work harder...but they are STILL outpointing everyone else on the map.  For all the crying, this patch amounts to nothing more than an inconvenience to a veteran BF2 pilot.

- Beatdown
Now that was well said my friend
VidSicious
+25|6781
After several more hours with the patch I dont really care about the AA.  I flew the jet fine and didnt get hit too many times.  However, this terrible bit of BS coding to stop the dolphins is driving me insane.  You cant go prone many times and hit the zoom key without the lagging they induced popping you right back out of aiming.  Then you cant ever jump out of prone without the lag is just stupid.  Might as well put up a flag that says "Come and knife me, cuz I am an EA 1.2 patch biatch."  I used to love to run, go prone, shoot, move to a new spot.  All this BS patch did is promote stationary camping.  I have never seen so much alley camping with support guns in my life.  The game is BORING!
jamesward0
+0|6650
god dammed patch i cant pla now i lag and i think its completely unsuppored my grathics card nw buildings and such objecvts dont load up an d what was the point anyway euro forces will be crap anyway look at special forces and that had more than euro forces
emperorphoenix
+5|6782|Westeren Australia
this is bs cause u can not do it

quote from ea"All mines (Claymore, Anti-vehicle, C4) can now be picked up by the same class that dropped it by using the ā€œGā€ key. "
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6708|England, UK
My solution for the air power in the next patch(hopefully not wishfull thinking)?

1. The AA. Needs to be made slightly less effective than it is now plus sort the oil tower bug.
2. Keep the 8 missiles on the attack helicopters.
3. TV range set to 600m to help counter new patch AA. Would be happy though if its kept at its new range of 450m.
4. Set the hit points on the all helicopters at between new patch setting and patch v1.12 settings. The .50 calibre MG's on jeeps etc can take down a helicopter to quickly. Transport helicopters full of troops need more protection.
5. Jets. Keep the current hit point settings as long as the new AA is reduced slightly. Making pilots land for big repairs is good thing, a new challange for some and will help reduce constant flag bombing. The improved AA has reduced carrier rapings, which is a good thing.

IMHO, this is balance.
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6764|Longueuil
This patch made most of the air skills useless i use to beable to chase and destroy a other jet with MG only now if i start to try to kill another jet with mg he just as to go low and ill be full of random AA up my ass...so Mg chassing skill is useless lets call it suicide to try to chase an enemy jet with MG....
When you getin a chopper you'll be lucky not to be destroyed by random misiles before you get up in the air yesterday i get in the chopper the motor start runnning biiipppp boom 3 random misile not even aimed at my chopper came all the way across the map to hit me on he boat ...If your in a f-35 your a misile Magnet you can fly at 600m and without anybody seeing you and some misiles will find you from random direction every ten seconds...
now if im in a jet all another jet as to do is follow me 5 second from far launch 6 misile and even if i flares at least half the misiles will hit me and the other half will go destroy my friendly blackhawk a mile from there and the other jet as well...

Every time i get in the air now i get destroyed by people that were not even aiming at me most of the times...
just random locks that come from across the map...flares became useless...

i shot 6 misiles at a j-10 yesterday from a f-35 gaved a 1 second delay between each misile seee how they reacted and they all missed zigzaging arroun him (he didn't used flares)then they randomly killed the other j-10 the Z-10 and a transport chopper randomly acros the map....
WTF is that !!!!

I was one of the best pilot out there i could chase and kill almost anybody with MG only and i was not a  baseraper i usualy let my targets get in the air before i kill them...

Now the only way to avoid lock from the ground is to destroy the AA before they see you GOOD
But if a jet get behind you even if hes a COMPLETE NEWB all he as to do is launch 6 misiles and even if i flares most of them will hit me and the rest will kill the rest of my team air assets
BULLSHIT !!!

Now Karkand as become a huge minefield with spawn campers everywhere i went there yesterday and everybody was using sniper and support like wow so i start playing leave the spawn turn a corner boom claymore so i respawn and theres a guy camping the spawn with a mg36 so i die again spawn killed i spawn somewhere else on the same spawn same thing another mger layed on the ground waiting for us to spawn to kill us before we move they were not even trying to cap the flag only racking mg easy kills i respawned looked the uav and found a path that got me behind 2 squad emptyed my g3 clip on 3 guys killing them and pulled out my knife got like 9 knife kills after that lol then another claymore and i left the server...

BS update
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6764|Longueuil
This patch made most of the air skills useless i use to beable to chase and destroy a other jet with MG only now if i start to try to kill another jet with mg he just as to go low and ill be full of random AA up my ass...so Mg chassing skill is useless lets call it suicide to try to chase an enemy jet with MG....
When you getin a chopper you'll be lucky not to be destroyed by random misiles before you get up in the air yesterday i get in the chopper the motor start runnning biiipppp boom 3 random misile not even aimed at my chopper came all the way across the map to hit me on he boat ...If your in a f-35 your a misile Magnet you can fly at 600m and without anybody seeing you and some misiles will find you from random direction every ten seconds...
now if im in a jet all another jet as to do is follow me 5 second from far launch 6 misile and even if i flares at least half the misiles will hit me and the other half will go destroy my friendly blackhawk a mile from there and the other jet as well...

Every time i get in the air now i get destroyed by people that were not even aiming at me most of the times...
just random locks that come from across the map...flares became useless...

i shot 6 misiles at a j-10 yesterday from a f-35 gaved a 1 second delay between each misile seee how they reacted and they all missed zigzaging arroun him (he didn't used flares)then they randomly killed the other j-10 the Z-10 and a transport chopper randomly acros the map....
WTF is that !!!!

I was one of the best pilot out there i could chase and kill almost anybody with MG only and i was not a  baseraper i usualy let my targets get in the air before i kill them...

Now the only way to avoid lock from the ground is to destroy the AA before they see you GOOD
But if a jet get behind you even if hes a COMPLETE NEWB all he as to do is launch 6 misiles and even if i flares most of them will hit me and the rest will kill the rest of my team air assets
BULLSHIT !!!

Now Karkand as become a huge minefield with spawn campers everywhere i went there yesterday and everybody was using sniper and support like wow so i start playing leave the spawn turn a corner boom claymore so i respawn and theres a guy camping the spawn with a mg36 so i die again spawn killed i spawn somewhere else on the same spawn same thing another mger layed on the ground waiting for us to spawn to kill us before we move they were not even trying to cap the flag only racking mg easy kills i respawned looked the uav and found a path that got me behind 2 squad emptyed my g3 clip on 3 guys killing them and pulled out my knife got like 9 knife kills after that lol then another claymore and i left the server...

BS update
Zukabazuka
+23|6693

emperorphoenix wrote:

this is bs cause u can not do it

quote from ea"All mines (Claymore, Anti-vehicle, C4) can now be picked up by the same class that dropped it by using the “G” key. "
Because there where huge bugs coming with them and they told before that they would remove it.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6748|United States
I think EA accidently released the Beta version of the 1.2 patch instead of the real one......
{RS}Diamonddog
+6|6649|Weymouth, England
I hate it that i cant throw medi packs/ammo packs whilst jumping. Now i have to go right up to people to give them packs. i cant even throw them ontop of the buildings. I cant  cover a tank with AT mines and run away. Claymores now dont explode for friendlys wtf? I cant play karkand without walking into a claymore every 5 seconds, They should have a 5 second setup time for claymores. The defirilator is fucked now, it takes ages to charge. It's good they stopped the bunny hopping but it removes the fun of the game that you cant kill someone whilst jumping away from their fire. The red tag bug is still there and almost evry game i play i see it. The pace of the game seems alot slower now. It's still fun but not quite as much.
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6751

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

Fine...if it is a modern combat simulator, then the blackhawks can be taken down with the AK's and other assault rifles....a good sniper can poke a guy from 1000 meters out.....an attack helo can't do barrel rolls and can be taken down with three shots from a fifty instead of burning the gun down.  The soldiers on the ground become ineffective after one shot to the shin or in the arm.  THIS IS NOT A SIMULATOR, it is to be a balanced game that entertains a majority of the consumer so that EA and Dice can get a paycheck.  Like it or not HELI PILOTS AND JET PILOTS ARE NOT THE MAJORITY!!!  The ground pounders are and we are sick of getting bombed every twenty seconds  by a jet that we cannot kill unless our one pilot takes it out!  We have redesigned our warfare to contend with the airforce....now you redesign your tactics and prove your "skills" in the air.  I got board with the jets, because in all truth, with a good joystick I tore it down practicing with a jet, I just found that being infantry was a lot more challenging and required more teamwork.
This is one of the best posts I have read.

My only complaint so far is the support class.  I never saw a reason to improve it before...but they made it basically superior to every other class.  IMO it is unbalanced.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6770

GameSkillPhil wrote:

My Main problem with the new patch is that when I am in a plane passing by an Enemy and a fellow Teamate say they are both in seperate helos, I fire my missles and more often than not the missles will hit my teamate even though I have locked onto the enemy.  I have gotten more teamkills because of this stupid issue than I had before the Patch.  This is the only real problem with the patch.

Good one EA you win, I give up
Don't blame EA for this problem dude. Why are you shooting AA missles at a chopper when your teammate is close by. The AA isn't designed to never hit your teammates, if you shoot it really close to a teammate it can easily reroute. It's retarded when the chopper is far away or nowhere to be seen... but if they are battling it out, help with the guns, don't shoot missles. I believe somewhere in the manual or something it even says that you should be careful with AA because they can kill friendlys nearby.
JimKong
+31|6650|Ohio

MrBrain wrote:

I see an possible exploit(?) with AT mines. The servers now got an option to turn off friendly fires for AT mines separately. I.e. all engineers will throw mines as crazy while being on the enemy side it's not possible to blow them up anymore with a tank/APC.
[edit]I must be a pro complainer, 1st post here [/edit]
That's why you get out of your armor and either toss a grenade at them or pick them up with your wrench. Or better yet, have a teammate clear the roads. But, then again, this would actually require teamwork in the game...
Rotter
+0|6773|United States
Patch 1.2 stinkles!
blackcracka
+18|6777
Thank you EA for making me hate my favorite map...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

{RS}Diamonddog wrote:

I hate it that i cant throw medi packs/ammo packs whilst jumping. Now i have to go right up to people to give them packs. i cant even throw them ontop of the buildings. I cant  cover a tank with AT mines and run away. Claymores now dont explode for friendlys wtf? I cant play karkand without walking into a claymore every 5 seconds, They should have a 5 second setup time for claymores. The defirilator is fucked now, it takes ages to charge. It's good they stopped the bunny hopping but it removes the fun of the game that you cant kill someone whilst jumping away from their fire. The red tag bug is still there and almost evry game i play i see it. The pace of the game seems alot slower now. It's still fun but not quite as much.
Try jumping and throwing something (while in the air) in real life. Go on! I don't think a soldier would do something that unco...

Claymores not exploding for friendlies is a logical response to the many rants about idiots who dont bother to notice the warning symbol and run over claymores, and punishing. Anyway, servers can either choose to have this feature on or off (as I found out the hard way yesterday).

I haven't noticed anything wrong with the defib. Infact, i'm getting way more revives now...

I see the red-bug a lot too, but I've learnt to deal with it. Learn to spot people by uniform, like you do in real life.

Speaking of real-life, try bunnyhopping in real-life. Just as unco as jumping and throwing/jumping-shooting.

Pace of the game seems slower will happen. Get used to it.

The AA is fine. It's actually how it's meant to be in real-life. Stop complaining about AA cause its actually getting kills. That's what its meant to do. Anyway, it'll make us all better pilots.

Support is fine-ish. Sure, its a little overpowered, but that's what it's meant to be like. Real guns can kill someone from over a k' away (and has been so for the past century). A LMG killing you from 50m is perfectly normal. They're MEANT to be powerful. That's why they're 'Support'.

I have yet to come across any new bugs while I was playing.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
NuclearBlasted
+8|6701
The TV station at Warlord is now renamed "Claymore Station".  It is ridiculous.
[G-13]FeedMe
+0|6649
wohhh
whats all the hate for noobs
ive been playin the demo online for the last few months and am just gettin ready to get the full game,
as ive never played the full version online im hopin these changes wont wind me up to much
as long as you get prolonged fire fights with small arms at reasnoble distances ill be happy, thats the reason i play bf2 over counter strike source
whats the beef with noobs, every ones new to something at sum time
the only problem ive had is when sum one joined my squad as a medic just so they could team kill me and bring me back time and time agaon
peace
[G-13]FeedMe
nezff
+0|6766

Spark wrote:

{RS}Diamonddog wrote:

Try jumping and throwing something (while in the air) in real life. Go on! I don't think a soldier would do something that unco...

Claymores not exploding for friendlies is a logical response to the many rants about idiots who dont bother to notice the warning symbol and run over claymores, and punishing. Anyway, servers can either choose to have this feature on or off (as I found out the hard way yesterday).

I haven't noticed anything wrong with the defib. Infact, i'm getting way more revives now...

I see the red-bug a lot too, but I've learnt to deal with it. Learn to spot people by uniform, like you do in real life.

Speaking of real-life, try bunnyhopping in real-life. Just as unco as jumping and throwing/jumping-shooting.

Pace of the game seems slower will happen. Get used to it.

The AA is fine. It's actually how it's meant to be in real-life. Stop complaining about AA cause its actually getting kills. That's what its meant to do. Anyway, it'll make us all better pilots.

Support is fine-ish. Sure, its a little overpowered, but that's what it's meant to be like. Real guns can kill someone from over a k' away (and has been so for the past century). A LMG killing you from 50m is perfectly normal. They're MEANT to be powerful. That's why they're 'Support'.

I have yet to come across any new bugs while I was playing.
why does everyone go back to saying try doing this in real life.  look noob, this is not real life, its a game.  i bought this game for the fun aspect, not reality.  u should be able to jump and shoot thats it period.  im tired of getting killed by tank and apc whoring pussies and not being able to jump up over a rock or wall or whatever im using for cover and shoot them with the rpg.
-=THC_RU=-
+0|6716

Takedazor wrote:

Tell that to the blackhawk pilots in the mashtur city map, now the machineguns are worthless and 1guy in a car gun can take it out in like 6sec.

Mobile AA is now deadly if someone knows how to use it, but some ppl thing that now they are invulnerable in it so they still get killed a lot.

I just wish they put 2AA rockets in the helli it would be a nice addition to the game lol.
exactly, helos need AA rockets, I mean it has 8 rockets whereas a plane has 6 that lock on themselves.
plus those cars(vodnik, hmmv, etc.) r too powerful against choppers and that powerful against other cars and troops.
GLOBAL_WIDECAT1111
+0|6649|Midlands UK
Thanx Dice for messing up a once amazing game!

Never thought id say it but battlefield 2 sucks! Ive been playing bf2 for months and months and loved it all the way. But Dice have issused a new patch thats killed the game for me! they have uped the ground to air missles and taken away more than half the armour on the helicopters ....hence if you wanna fly choppers then fly in empty servers! zzzzzz so hurry up and right a new patch as im losing interest

please all  that agree with me post an email to DICE who write the patches

http://global.dice.se/contact/            (( up the armour on helicopters! ))  and replenish flares quicker especialy on super cobras and havokes

yours GLOBAL_WIDECAT1111

Last edited by GLOBAL_WIDECAT1111 (2006-02-20 07:03:35)

cem292005
+0|6648|Blacpool, UK
Pure and simple I HATE THIS NEW PATCH IT IS THE BIGGEST PILE OF POO!!!!!!!!!!!!
1SFG-Hawk
+0|6693

[G-13]FeedMe wrote:

wohhh
whats all the hate for noobs
ive been playin the demo online for the last few months and am just gettin ready to get the full game,
as ive never played the full version online im hopin these changes wont wind me up to much
as long as you get prolonged fire fights with small arms at reasnoble distances ill be happy, thats the reason i play bf2 over counter strike source
whats the beef with noobs, every ones new to something at sum time
the only problem ive had is when sum one joined my squad as a medic just so they could team kill me and bring me back time and time agaon
peace
[G-13]FeedMe
He has much to learn dont he guys!!?? LOL!!! Ill look forward to your first post when you actually start playing the game.  THEN youll understand!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard