Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6425|North Carolina

Dilbert_X wrote:

IIRC Police aren't Judge, Judy and Executioner - they're supposed to arrest people they suspect of a crime, not just shoot them dead.
Judge Judy and Executioner...  that sounds like a much more interesting version of the TV show
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6019|Vortex Ring State

Turquoise wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

IIRC Police aren't Judge, Judy and Executioner - they're supposed to arrest people they suspect of a crime, not just shoot them dead.
Judge Judy and Executioner...  that sounds like a much more interesting version of the TV show
Judge, Jury, and Executioner, lol

Shooting them dead is an option though... it's not like they are not trained in proper firearm procedures
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6490
stories like piss me off because they're just so damn insignificant; it's just an excuse for bigots and morons to get all hot and bothered and to feel important and opinionated. there are so many more important things to be worrying about - and discussing too, really. also, it's been said time and time again... but media shitstorms over legal cases are just a big no-no.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Turquoise
O Canada

Uzique wrote:

stories like piss me off because they're just so damn insignificant; it's just an excuse for bigots and morons to get all hot and bothered and to feel important and opinionated. there are so many more important things to be worrying about - and discussing too, really. also, it's been said time and time again... but media shitstorms over legal cases are just a big no-no.
Well, on the flipside, we've got a shitload of legal issues with our border.  Mexico is essentially exporting its problems here.

Granted, a good portion of this wouldn't happen if our companies didn't hire illegals and if they didn't literally scout for employees in parts of Latin America.  There's all kinds of shady shit that ends up encouraging immigrants from these areas to sneak in.

At this point though...   border security might be a moot point.  With the baby boomers now retiring en masse over the next decade, we're going to need tons of young laborers to pay into the system.  Amnesty might really be the only choice at this point.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6562|Texas - Bigger than France

Turquoise wrote:

Well, on the flipside, we've got a shitload of legal issues with our border.  Mexico is essentially exporting its problems here.

Granted, a good portion of this wouldn't happen if our companies didn't hire illegals and if they didn't literally scout for employees in parts of Latin America.  There's all kinds of shady shit that ends up encouraging immigrants from these areas to sneak in.

At this point though...   border security might be a moot point.  With the baby boomers now retiring en masse over the next decade, we're going to need tons of young laborers to pay into the system.  Amnesty might really be the only choice at this point.
Let me just interject something here.

I don't think this is something our companies caused.

I have a Mexican national friend who married my wife's high school friend.  We discussed some of the issues with Mexico, which he believes was caused by the following:

The new Mexican president got elected by attempting to clean up the corruption within the country, and by fighting the drug cartels/gangs.  As a reaction, the cartels are fighting back.  He said that there's a lot of "mob-type" stuff happening, where if insurance money isn't being paid...then people disappear.

So if the security is increasing within Mexico, the problem will push out to other areas....aka expand.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5257|Cleveland, Ohio

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I don't dislike Muslims or Catholics in general.
i do
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6490

Pug wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I have a Mexican national friend who married my wife's high school friend.  We discussed some of the issues with Mexico, which he believes was caused by the following:

The new Mexican president got elected by attempting to clean up the corruption within the country, and by fighting the drug cartels/gangs.  As a reaction, the cartels are fighting back.  He said that there's a lot of "mob-type" stuff happening, where if insurance money isn't being paid...then people disappear.

So if the security is increasing within Mexico, the problem will push out to other areas....aka expand.
ultimately the problem with narco-states lies with the demand. people can call mexico or any other drug-country a shithole full of corruption, poor politicians, inept police forces etc. all they want... but the problem isn't going to go away no matter how much money or manpower you throw at it until you eliminate the economic demand for the product. as long as there's americans wanting their mexican weed and people wanting cocaine trafficked from south america, these countries are going to stay in a shit way - ain't no motherfucking mexican obama going to fix that.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
11 Bravo
Banned
well we also need to eliminate this culture that weed is so cool 420 bro....please its like the most legal illegal thing in the history of the world...get over yourselves

just legalize it obviously and that would stop it eventually.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6490
drug culture is just the superstructural development of the economic demand; it's a by-product that evolves out of the necessity.

so yeah i suppose eliminating drug culture first is a good way to reverse attitudes, and then in turn diminish the demand.

but really as you said the most efficient way of solving these problems is to legalize these things and control it.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6562|Texas - Bigger than France

Uzique wrote:

ultimately the problem with narco-states lies with the demand. people can call mexico or any other drug-country a shithole full of corruption, poor politicians, inept police forces etc. all they want... but the problem isn't going to go away no matter how much money or manpower you throw at it until you eliminate the economic demand for the product. as long as there's americans wanting their mexican weed and people wanting cocaine trafficked from south america, these countries are going to stay in a shit way - ain't no motherfucking mexican obama going to fix that.
Yeah, I know.  I support Mexico for doing this.  Since I didn't mention it before
Turquoise
O Canada

Pug wrote:

I can agree with that, but what I was referring to was things like this...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,191889,00.html

Yeah, it's Fox News, but it matches other sources I've found.
Turquoise
O Canada

Uzique wrote:

Well yeah, but as Bravo said, the problem is solved by legalizing drugs both here and in Mexico.  Once drugs are legalized and regulated, the profit falls considerably, and cartels have to find new markets.
11 Bravo
Banned

Turquoise wrote:

and cartels have to find new markets.
like women and guns
Turquoise
O Canada

11 Bravo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

and cartels have to find new markets.
like women and guns
True, but the gun issue is inevitable.  You can't really change that one.

As for human trafficking, you can legalize and regulate prostitution, but obviously, sex slavery has to remain illegal.
11 Bravo
Banned
and speaking of legalize....

since the govt controls the alcohol content which varies from state to state, how would you do that with drugs?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5721|College Park, MD

11 Bravo wrote:

since the govt controls the alcohol content which varies from state to state, how would you do that with drugs?
just normalize it. I'm pretty sure a Marlboro Red has the same tar and nicotine in each state.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Turquoise
O Canada

11 Bravo wrote:

Personally, I think the government should back off of the alcohol content issue.  Let the market deal with that.

As for drugs, we should start with just legalizing marijuana and decriminalizing the harder substances.  Over time, full legalization can be implemented for more addictive drugs -- although fully legalizing things like meth will be difficult to figure out.

Portugal actually has a pretty functional system of rehabs and drug laws that puts the emphasis on treating addicts rather than imprisoning people.  We could probably replicate their system for optimal results.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6490
turq the thing is if you legalize drugs (of course within reason, nothing deadly) then people won't do shit like crystal meth

people tweak on awful shit like meth and crack because of poverty, or because other drugs are too exclusive- supply wise, or price wise.

if a person with drug seeking behaviour could acquire a 'better' drug, health-wise (relatively speaking), they'd stay away from meth

of course there will be exceptions to every rule but you really can't structure laws around that. some people are morons: whether they're getting themselves blasted on crystal meth or driving through a red-light intersection with no seatbelt on. some people want to remove themselves from the gene pool and you can't wrap everyone in a protective blanket of unrealistic and untenable legislation to try and 'prevent' that.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6733|Purplicious Wisconsin

Poseidon wrote:

He was a judge who served federal law for 40 years.

He accomplished more in his life than you ever will.
And you will accomplish even less than shifty or I will, Dick.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6490
2 of you are different variations of homeschooled retard and poseidon is at a university with an index-rating lower than paris hilton's IQ

lets not get into this dick-measuring contest
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5721|College Park, MD
i love how War Man and Sh1fty have this sort of union or connection with each other
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Turquoise
O Canada

Uzique wrote:

turq the thing is if you legalize drugs (of course within reason, nothing deadly) then people won't do shit like crystal meth

people tweak on awful shit like meth and crack because of poverty, or because other drugs are too exclusive- supply wise, or price wise.

if a person with drug seeking behaviour could acquire a 'better' drug, health-wise (relatively speaking), they'd stay away from meth

of course there will be exceptions to every rule but you really can't structure laws around that. some people are morons: whether they're getting themselves blasted on crystal meth or driving through a red-light intersection with no seatbelt on. some people want to remove themselves from the gene pool and you can't wrap everyone in a protective blanket of unrealistic and untenable legislation to try and 'prevent' that.
In general, I agree, although meth is generally a cheaper drug than most -- to the point that it would remain cheaper (and easier to make) than most other drugs even if they were legalized.  Pot is about the only drug that is "naturally" cheaper and easier to acquire than meth.

Nevertheless, I agree with you for the most part, and the War on Drugs is basically futile.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6490
i know meth is cheap and easily available but then again so are solvents, mushrooms, alkaloid poppers and all sorts of shit...

basically meth is a poor man's substitute for a same-style fix that is prohibitively expensive, or just hard to source

legalize shit and rednecks will soon lose their attraction for tweaking and losing all their teeth
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6374

XXX wrote:

.....you guys should be happy that the the federal judge murdered on saturday was the same one that allowed this lawsuit to go through.
what a low life scum bag statement
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5493|Ventura, California

mcjagdflieger wrote:

Serious question here....is it not a felony to enter the country illegally? Not saying I advocate shooting illegals, just need clarification on specifics.

Ed. NVM, I learnededed all by meself. Apparently its a misdemeanor, and if repeated, then punishable as a felony. But at the same time entering without being legally documented, or entering legally, and overstaying your visa, is deportable. But we don't deport them (most i guess, not all). Kudos to this man, wish more disgustingly rich folk with plenty of time, would buy up all property along the border and hunt the most dangerous game. Shame they need to do it in the first place, granted.
Damn I would love to do that

/wana-be-badass
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard