lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/200 … a-rancher/

this is the state of our country now, this is what it has become. Criminals suing the owner for catching them and turning them over...........We are doomed as a nation.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5282|foggy bottom
they probably also know how to spell better than you.
Tu Stultus Es
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA
ya know, I was just about to post a comment to ask a mod to correct my spelling before it, and not the OP became the issue...I see I am too late.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6565|Texas - Bigger than France
I'm glad it's getting litigated.

It'll force the issue and provide precedent.

The rancher is gonna win.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6592|Mountains of NC

criminals have more rights
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA

Pug wrote:

I would really really love to believe that, however I have lost hope for common sense in this country. The fact that it is actually going to trial and not being laughed out of court is proof enough.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA

SEREMAKER wrote:

now yer catchin on to my issues with crime and punishment in America.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6592|Mountains of NC

lowing wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

I've always sided for you

this country is in the fast lane to hell
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6565|Texas - Bigger than France

lowing wrote:

Pug wrote:

I would really really love to believe that, however I have lost hope for common sense in this country. The fact that it is actually going to trial and not being laughed out of court is proof enough.
Stop and think why it's going to trial...

...some immigrant activists think its a good idea to force it up the bureaucracy.  In Arizona.  What a coincidence!

You think this is the first time some rancher with gun held a group while ICE was on the way?

The activists are going to get a mixed result, but it'll be mostly bad for the migrants
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6413
http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1084617
Barnett claims to have turned over 12,000 illegal immigrants to the Border Patrol since 1998 after his property was destroyed and cattle were killed.
"Roger Barnett has been involved in actually trying to stop vehicles with people who he suspected were not legal," Potok said. "The man has leased 22,000 acres from the state and federal government.... He drives across this huge piece of land looking for people to stop at gunpoint.
Glenn Spencer with the American Border Patrol said he considers Barnett "an American hero."
The current trial is not Barnett's first venture into federal court. In November 2006, a jury found that he had falsely imprisoned members of a Douglas family and ordered him to pay nearly $100,000 in damages.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6683|The darkside of Denver
What laws did he break? 

They  were illegally in the United States and trespassing on his ranch.  He had every right to detain them at gunpoint until authorities arrived.  I don't see the rancher losing this case.  Unless the jury is bias.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6708|United States of America
This article is over a year old, the trials probably already over.

After searching: Mixed verdict over migrants' run-in with rancher Don't get your panties in a twist that it's FOX, I'm sure they can't put much spin on the words of the court.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6655|949

I remember reading about this a year and a half ago when the story broke but I can't find any new info on it.  Why is it being discussed here a year later?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5282|foggy bottom
because lowing is not a moron
Tu Stultus Es
nlsme1
+32|5441
Seems Lowing is reaching for some dirt to bash America now.
mikkel
+383|6625

DesertFox- wrote:

After searching: Mixed verdict over migrants' run-in with rancher Don't get your panties in a twist that it's FOX, I'm sure they can't put much spin on the words of the court.
From what that article suggests, he's just a bit too zealously vigilante to come off as a guy just trying to protect his property. It's a sad state of affairs when a private person can stop more than a thousand otherwise unimpeded illegal immigrants a year crossing the border in a place known to authorities to be a common point of illegal entry.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6413
Edit:
never mind, five of the plaintiffs are living in the U.S. with visa applications pending...

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2010-06-02 11:19:37)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6669

SEREMAKER wrote:

lowing wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

I've always sided for you

this country is in the fast lane to hell
yeah I agree its going down the drain......
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6795|PNW

I doubt they'll win (if it isn't already over). This is AZ.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-06-02 11:50:46)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA

DesertFox- wrote:

I don't remember hearing about this, and I didn't know it was a year old. Anyway, the rancher is forced to pay...Go figure, and is anyone really surprised? Any verdict where the rancher is forced to pay anything is a defeat.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA

nlsme1 wrote:

Seems Lowing is reaching for some dirt to bash America now.
Not bashing America in this thread if you had not noticed, I am bashing illegal aliens and their piece of shit lawyers that will do anything to make sure they take money from an earner with bullshit lawsuits. All in the spirit of the American liberal entitlement agenda. and hell, now, ya don't even have to be a US citizen to be able to abuse laws that are not meant for you. Civil rights for an illegal alien.. I love it.

Last edited by lowing (2010-06-02 12:11:05)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

lowing wrote:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/09/16-illegals-sue-arizona-rancher/

this is the state of our country now, this is what it has become. Criminals suing the owner for catching them and turning them over...........We are doomed as a nation.
The ranch owner was sued by a US organization on behalf of the immigrants.  The ranch owner was sued for excessive force among other things.

So - "Criminals suing the owner" = technically wrong
... "for catching them and turning them over" = also wrong

"We are doomed as a nation" (if our citizens continue to exhibit lack of comprehension and critical thinking skills) = correct.
Ya lost me, hoe is stopping criminal action = wrong?

how is catching them and turning them over=wrong?
How is this guy not comprehending the problem? In fact he is the only one that seems to comprehend it.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5282|foggy bottom
hey lowing, spit, horseman77, atg.....you guys should be happy that the the federal judge murdered on saturday was the same one that allowed this lawsuit to go through.
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5260|Cleveland, Ohio

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I remember reading about this a year and a half ago when the story broke but I can't find any new info on it.  Why is it being discussed here a year later?
hmmm we talk about wwii?
13rin
+977|6502

eleven bravo wrote:

hey lowing, spit, horseman77, atg.....you guys should be happy that the the federal judge murdered on saturday was the same one that allowed this lawsuit to go through.
No shit.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard