pace51
Boom?
+194|5175|Markham, Ontario

Uzique wrote:

no offence, but post something worth saying and stop trying to chime in with the moderators all the time.
But the mods are right.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Uzique wrote:

that had nothing to do with your back-and-forth argument with bertster... it was an ancillary point put to marine.

do you actually read what other people post on this forum? engaging with you feels like hammering nails through my own cock
as I said, you drug me and the other thread into this one. You used it as a dig on me mentioning me by name. I had nothing to do with you and bravos conversation. Also notice you 2 were going at it with the same "quality posts" that you accuse me of posting. Ironic huh?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire

Uzique wrote:

that had nothing to do with your back-and-forth argument with bertster... it was an ancillary point put to marine.

do you actually read what other people post on this forum? engaging with you feels like hammering nails through my own cock
yet you do it anyway..why
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

lowing wrote:

You deleted posts that were totally relevant to this thread. and I did not drag this Islam here, Uzi did. It happens all the time. Topics leave the orginal threads and over flow into others by people who wish to get a dig in somewhere. Most of the time I igonre it. But if you allow those digs to post, I will retain the right to respond if I chose to. You did not say shit to anyone about derailing until I responded. Then of course, we have a problem.
Your posts that I deleted, for the record:

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

i find your distinction between the 'religion' and its 'people' troublesome; after all, a religion is nothing without its people: they are the embodiment and the reality of the abstract-theology. to speak only of 'islam' with no reference to the actual, every-day followers is rather to speak of fairy-tales. you cannot separate a religion from its followers - because a religion is only ever the sum of attitudes expressed by them. islam is not a constant, concrete entity that would exist with-or-without a base of worshippers. islam is the collective theological spirit of the worshippers: it is practically impossible to successfully 'form' your rhetorical dichotomy.
and I find your inability to distinguish between an individual and a religion disturbing. Unarguably they are 2 distinct entity's.

If you have a member of the KKK accept equality of minorities, and promote racial equality, then he is hardly practicing the teachings of the KKK, regardless as to what he calls himself.  HE is not the KKK.

If you have an individual adopt a religion, and that individual does not hold to the  teachings of that religion, then that individual is not a follower of that religion. This holds true for any religion. Time for you to recognize this and see the difference.

The point is Islam far and away has been the back bone of more violence and intolerance than any other religion and its teachings promote this far more than it promotes peace and tolerance. There is evidence that supports that argument. Denying this, or dismissing this, is not an argument.

lowing wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

lowing wrote:

When I say you, I mean the general population of this forum, and yes YOU personally have spouted off some of that shit.

It has nothing to do with attention, I do not post my opinions to draw that fire. If I did, then my opinions would change to the direction of the threads. As it is I am very consistent in my opinions and my posts.

Bottomline is I couldn't care less what I am called or what your opinions are of me. I just want a good debate. I lose it, over the absurdity of some of the arguments you all hang your hats on, while patting yourselves on the back for some of the dumbest shit. Uzi's post is a perfect example, even after being shown what a bullshit post that was, you all continued to praise him for it.  Not holding to the same standard of scrutiny,  regardless if you disagree or agree is what bias is, and most of you are guilty of doing exactly that.
It's a two way street, dude.
You fairly fail to see all this, and act like a matyr a lot of the time.
It's pretty hard not to call you out on some of the things you say when they're pretty inaccurate, especially when you use further inaccuracies to somehow "prove" your arguments.
But hey, this is nothing new, is it?
sorry, You have never heard me claim "bias" as an argument, ever. If what I say is so inaccurate, then it should be easy to show those inaccuracies. as it is , ALL YOU DO, is insult, dismiss, deny, ignore and claim that you do not need to engage in the argument because, you are better than me and my points are not worthy of acknowledging. None of that bullshit is debate, nor does it address anything, thus is not any form of real argument to the contrary of what I post.

You in fact have a double standard for information you want to believe and information you do not want to believe. Information you want to believe needs no scrutiny for accuracy you accept it blindly as was shown by Uzi's Brilliant post". Information you do not want to believe you accept no amount of proof or evidence or argument as legitimate. Again this is what real bias is, and you all frolic in it, while claiming it to be victory.

lowing wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

guess not ken, guess not.  see liquid, you think my feature request is still stupid?
you know what, I am not the one the brought this here. I have read around this forum in general and I do see where I have been taking cheap shots all over it in full conversation ABOUT me, that do not INCLUDE me and I do not respond. Mainly out of lack of giving a shit. However, if someone insists on dragging me into threads I was not active in, then I shall reserve the right to address those posts as I see fit.
(to this last one, I shall reserve the right to ban you for not following the rules.  I could ban you and that wouldn't be BIAS at all, that would be me dealing with a member who can't follow the rules EVEN WHEN REMINDED IN THE POST ABOVE.

There's more too, but I don't want to repost them.  None on the topic of 'fixing dst'.  No, they are spillover from another thread.  Get it through your fucking skull and stop trying to pull the "look at me i'm so persecuted" card.  It doesn't work.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

pace51 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

no offence, but post something worth saying and stop trying to chime in with the moderators all the time.
But the mods are right.
the mods are not infallible, just because they wear a moderator badge... have seen more than enough bullshit decisions to ascertain that one. also, even for the good points that they make (and they certainly do make some good ones here) - we don't need you, or any other member, chirping on and parroting their 'divine judgements'. we get their point in their posts. don't lick arse, it's shameless.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

lowing wrote:

You deleted posts that were totally relevant to this thread. and I did not drag this Islam here, Uzi did. It happens all the time. Topics leave the orginal threads and over flow into others by people who wish to get a dig in somewhere. Most of the time I igonre it. But if you allow those digs to post, I will retain the right to respond if I chose to. You did not say shit to anyone about derailing until I responded. Then of course, we have a problem.
Your posts that I deleted, for the record:

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

i find your distinction between the 'religion' and its 'people' troublesome; after all, a religion is nothing without its people: they are the embodiment and the reality of the abstract-theology. to speak only of 'islam' with no reference to the actual, every-day followers is rather to speak of fairy-tales. you cannot separate a religion from its followers - because a religion is only ever the sum of attitudes expressed by them. islam is not a constant, concrete entity that would exist with-or-without a base of worshippers. islam is the collective theological spirit of the worshippers: it is practically impossible to successfully 'form' your rhetorical dichotomy.
and I find your inability to distinguish between an individual and a religion disturbing. Unarguably they are 2 distinct entity's.

If you have a member of the KKK accept equality of minorities, and promote racial equality, then he is hardly practicing the teachings of the KKK, regardless as to what he calls himself.  HE is not the KKK.

If you have an individual adopt a religion, and that individual does not hold to the  teachings of that religion, then that individual is not a follower of that religion. This holds true for any religion. Time for you to recognize this and see the difference.

The point is Islam far and away has been the back bone of more violence and intolerance than any other religion and its teachings promote this far more than it promotes peace and tolerance. There is evidence that supports that argument. Denying this, or dismissing this, is not an argument.

lowing wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

It's a two way street, dude.
You fairly fail to see all this, and act like a matyr a lot of the time.
It's pretty hard not to call you out on some of the things you say when they're pretty inaccurate, especially when you use further inaccuracies to somehow "prove" your arguments.
But hey, this is nothing new, is it?
sorry, You have never heard me claim "bias" as an argument, ever. If what I say is so inaccurate, then it should be easy to show those inaccuracies. as it is , ALL YOU DO, is insult, dismiss, deny, ignore and claim that you do not need to engage in the argument because, you are better than me and my points are not worthy of acknowledging. None of that bullshit is debate, nor does it address anything, thus is not any form of real argument to the contrary of what I post.

You in fact have a double standard for information you want to believe and information you do not want to believe. Information you want to believe needs no scrutiny for accuracy you accept it blindly as was shown by Uzi's Brilliant post". Information you do not want to believe you accept no amount of proof or evidence or argument as legitimate. Again this is what real bias is, and you all frolic in it, while claiming it to be victory.

lowing wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

guess not ken, guess not.  see liquid, you think my feature request is still stupid?
you know what, I am not the one the brought this here. I have read around this forum in general and I do see where I have been taking cheap shots all over it in full conversation ABOUT me, that do not INCLUDE me and I do not respond. Mainly out of lack of giving a shit. However, if someone insists on dragging me into threads I was not active in, then I shall reserve the right to address those posts as I see fit.
(to this last one, I shall reserve the right to ban you for not following the rules.  I could ban you and that wouldn't be BIAS at all, that would be me dealing with a member who can't follow the rules EVEN WHEN REMINDED IN THE POST ABOVE.

There's more too, but I don't want to repost them.  None on the topic of 'fixing dst'.  No, they are spillover from another thread.  Get it through your fucking skull and stop trying to pull the "look at me i'm so persecuted" card.  It doesn't work.
Yes there are more and some were directly relevant to this thread.

and you can get it through your fucking thick skull, I don't give a fuck about being "persecuted". I give a fuck that you censor me, while letting others go unchecked, then claiming you are unbiased in your moderation's..This is what I throw a bullshit flag on.
If I gave a fuck what others thought of me, I guess I would be hitting that pussy report button about 1500 times a day. For the record, how many times have I hit that button?

Oh and as I told FM if you decide I deserve a ban, make it a permanent one and delete my account as well.

Last edited by lowing (2010-07-08 13:59:51)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

pace51 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

But the mods are right.
pace.

I have never been one to jump on the hate ewe bandwagon.

I'd like to think you may have been just a bit over eager, so I cut you slack. I appreciate you enthusiasim for the site and all. If this ends up not working out and you join another forum try;

getting to know the community by posting in other peoples threads before you make a mass of new threads. People get territorial about their boards. The way you went5 about things made it easy to say " hey, this guy doesn't respect who we are and what is cool here, so fuck him.. "
The technical term is interloper. Don't be a square peg clawing about somebodies round ass hole, in other words, don't try and force a fit.

Lastly, don't ignore pm's and do what gets you attention. Most of the time you mistake attention for mockery.

Good luck.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command
oh, and for the record, Lowing is an angel compared to 99% of the users here. i saw the record.

i certainly would never say who, but some of thbe mods dislike Lowing because he is a relentless conservative. fm actually made a vgood point earlier about what pisses people off about Lowing, but the fact is Lowing is correctB

the mods let him get beat up on because largly, they disagree with his politics and he doesn't report.

when i made his user title say " the rock that liberals break themselves upon " i also made his mod note " as dumb as a rock " and that was only because you could not sway vLowinhg one iotta and that kind of intellectual stuborness is dumb imo.

but yes, I saw the antt-lowing bias and it was one of five major reason I felt disinclined to be part of the staff.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6128|So Cal

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Delete anything that is a personal attack/ no more OPs with just a news article and two sentences at the bottom

This should be the exact definition of DAST.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

ATG wrote:

oh, and for the record, Lowing is an angel compared to 99% of the users here. i saw the record.

i certainly would never say who, but some of thbe mods dislike Lowing because he is a relentless conservative. fm actually made a vgood point earlier about what pisses people off about Lowing, but the fact is Lowing is correctB

the mods let him get beat up on because largly, they disagree with his politics and he doesn't report.

when i made his user title say " the rock that liberals break themselves upon " i also made his mod note " as dumb as a rock " and that was only because you could not sway vLowinhg one iotta and that kind of intellectual stuborness is dumb imo.

but yes, I saw the antt-lowing bias and it was one of five major reason I felt disinclined to be part of the staff.
"dumb as a rock? lol thanks buddy
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

For the simple fact I am being called a liar, here are the rest of the posts I deleted, lowing:

lowing wrote:

Harmor wrote:

pace51 wrote:

lay off of lowing. Geeez. And you people wonder why there's so much argumentativeness on this forum.
+1 for argumentativeness

Just like there are progressives there are conservatives.  Get them together and we're bound to get at each others' e-throats.  Its ok...its part of being on the internet is all about.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2655/944r.png
wow, my own t-shirt. How about that.

yeah I have long been baffled by those that enter a debate forum and insist we all stop arguing.

lowing wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

lowing wrote:

i am not saying it is your problem.  i fault all the other people who have to pile on.  a debate between two people is fine.  when 5 or more including mods pile on its gets fucking stupid.
nothing I can not handle
So which ones were relevant to the topic again? 

It's not censorship, it's me deleting off topic posts.  Do you understand what censorship is?  Not even fucking close.  If you notice, I deleted every off topic post AFTER my prodding to move on.  Nothing before (not even YOUR posts).  Nothing from the "mosque at ground zero" you posted was deleted.  It is not bias.  You are either too ignorant to understand the difference or willfully choosing not to.  Which one is it?

Also, you have no fucking clue about moderator action (despite any 'insight' ATG may try to give you).  You don't know what we allow to go 'unchecked' and what we don't.  Yet you seem to be the one whining the most about censorship and bias.  Interestingly it's not people like marine and uzique who have had 10x the amounts of posts deleted and both who have been banned far more than you have.

I'll leave this open so that Lowing can respond and after that it's closed.  If F_M or any other mod wants to chime in they can post or reopen.  If not, consider this thread the prima facie case on why DST will never be anything more than people arguing at brick walls.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

For the simple fact I am being called a liar, here are the rest of the posts I deleted, lowing:

lowing wrote:

Harmor wrote:

+1 for argumentativeness

Just like there are progressives there are conservatives.  Get them together and we're bound to get at each others' e-throats.  Its ok...its part of being on the internet is all about.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2655/944r.png
wow, my own t-shirt. How about that.

yeah I have long been baffled by those that enter a debate forum and insist we all stop arguing.

lowing wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

i am not saying it is your problem.  i fault all the other people who have to pile on.  a debate between two people is fine.  when 5 or more including mods pile on its gets fucking stupid.
nothing I can not handle
So which ones were relevant to the topic again? 

It's not censorship, it's me deleting off topic posts.  Do you understand what censorship is?  Not even fucking close.  If you notice, I deleted every off topic post AFTER my prodding to move on.  Nothing before (not even YOUR posts).  Nothing from the "mosque at ground zero" you posted was deleted.  It is not bias.  You are either too ignorant to understand the difference or willfully choosing not to.  Which one is it?

Also, you have no fucking clue about moderator action.  You don't know what we allow to go 'unchecked' and what we don't.  Yet you seem to be the one whining the most about censorship and bias.  Interestingly it's not people like marine and uzique who have had 10x the amounts of posts deleted and both who have been banned far more than you have.
you were not the only mod deleting...............right?

Actually I do, I have seen it, as confirmed by an ex-mod. read up. Sorry.

and yes, if you maintain mods do not exercise personal bias and standards over the standards set for the forum, then yes you are a liar.

If I were a whiner and a crier, you would see the report button being used by me, as it is I leave for use by the pussies in this forum. Again my heart ache comes from your denials of the truth about the moderations of this forum.

Last edited by lowing (2010-07-08 14:22:42)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Uzique wrote:

[...]we get their point in their posts.[...]
DO we?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard