Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,811|6165|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

I just never claimed to know what they are thinking. They are admitting it was a stupid policy that needed to be addressed even if there was no flotilla. Even when they admit they are wrong, you still piss all over them.
Because its blatant BS, but for the flotilla they would be sticking to their blockade.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-06-28 19:43:14)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6470|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I just never claimed to know what they are thinking. They are admitting it was a stupid policy that needed to be addressed even if there was no flotilla. Even when they admit they are wrong, you still piss all over them.
Because its blatant BS, but for the flotilla they would be sticking to their blockade.
You don't know that any more than I know it to be pure coincidence. That's the point.

You can't even give them credit for admitting their own stupidity in their blockade methodology, you're so fucking blinded by your hate.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
They haven't admitted stupidity, no-ones claimed its stupidity.
FEOS
+1,182|6470|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

They haven't admitted stupidity, no-ones claimed its stupidity.
Oh, you're right. They called it "absurd". There's a HUGE difference.

dictionary.com wrote:

absurd  adj
utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false:
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its clearly not a coincidence.
"utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false"
None of which cover stupid - it didn't work out for them and they're backtracking.
FEOS
+1,182|6470|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its clearly not a coincidence.
"utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false"
None of which cover stupid - it didn't work out for them and they're backtracking.

dictionary.com wrote:

stupid

Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.

Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.

Pointless; worthless
Nope. They're nothing at all alike.

I never claimed it was a coincidence. I also never claimed to know the inner workings of their minds...as you have.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm just going on the evidence as presented  - A coincidence is so improbable its not worth considering.
FEOS
+1,182|6470|'Murka

It doesn't matter. They are addressing the issue and calling themselves to the carpet for their policy--publicly.

And you are giving them zero credit for it. If it were Hamas doing the same thing, you would be lauding them for it.
― Albert Einstein

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6383|New Haven, CT
For the record, I do think the flotilla provided the impetus for the change in blockade policy. Though you obviously can't know for sure, it seems much more logical that Israel was spurred to relax it by international uproar that that they had been considering it independently of the incident and chose to implement such policy changes also independent of the incident.

(Also, to Dilbert and Oug, this kind of conclusion exactly what I was applying against your irrational hatred of Israel. Notice how it works both ways, and how it doesn't serve the whims of biases or preconceived notions.)
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6059|Vortex Ring State
necromancer tiem

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11393836

apparently the UN has said that the raid was excessive in brutality and involved "wilful killing, torture, etc."

Seems like Operation Cast Lead's DIME and Willy Pete investigation all over again, Israel is calling BIAS OMFG all over again...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Well, anyone who criticises Israel is biased.
Trotskygrad
бля

Dilbert_X wrote:

Well, anyone who criticises Israel is biased.
totally, because we all know Israel is the shining light of democracy and unbiased-ness in the ME...
(according to the JIDF)
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6059|...
And what's the UN going to do about it? lol

Also, what were those turkish people thinking in the first place. They went to a hermetically sealed area under very tight supervision of the IDF. Did they expect to be sent home with a basket of fruit and flowers? Especially after the way they behaved.

What happened to the other Israel thread?

Last edited by dayarath (2010-09-23 09:50:26)

inane little opines
Trotskygrad
бля

dayarath wrote:

And what's the UN going to do about it? lol

Also, what were those turkish people thinking in the first place. They went to a hermetically sealed area under very tight supervision of the IDF. Did they expect to be sent home with a basket of fruit and flowers? Especially after the way they behaved.

What happened to the other Israel thread?
I'm pretty sure the mods deleted it, they're being rather hush-hush about it though (at least Zimmer is)

The turkish people were expecting to be intercepted and boarded by a inspection force, not military commandos, tbh
Dr.PhiL
Danmark
+30|6729|Up North
lol why are people still debatting this incident, the turks sailed into an embargoed area and were told to turn around, they did follow this order.

They knew they were gonna get boarded and even prepared for it, and when they got boarded they assaulted
(most likely with the intention to kill) and kidnapped some of the IDF commandos.

I feel no pity for these idiots.

and posting this again for the lolz

Last edited by Dr.PhiL (2010-09-23 14:11:13)

Trotskygrad
бля

Dr.PhiL wrote:

lol why are people still debatting this incident, the turks sailed into an embargoed area and were told to turn around, they did follow this order.

They knew they were gonna get boarded and even prepared for it, and when they got boarded they assaulted
(most likely with the intention to kill) and kidnapped some of the IDF commandos.

I feel no pity for these idiots.

and posting this again for the lolz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOGG_osOoVg
like I said, UNARMED boarding party anyone?

like there's something called the continuum of force, and Israel made a couple large jumps on that scale
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Dr.PhiL wrote:

lol why are people still debatting this incident, the turks sailed into an embargoed area and were told to turn around.
It was an illegal embargo for a start, the Israelis had no right to be issuing 'orders'.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6282|Escea

You have to look at the bigger picture concerning the raid. The flotilla passengers didn't know commandos would be roping onto their decks, and yet they still armed themselves. If an unarmed boarding party had come onboard, it could have been much, much worse. The passengers for one seemed intent on kidnapping any Israeli they got a hold of, and if they took hostages then the IDF would have gone all out on them.

Nobody was innocent in this event, but the flotilla instigated the confrontation. The blockade isn't against the Turks, therefore, nothing was instigated against the passengers. They chose to run it, were warned, and, rather stupidly, disregarded that warning.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6059|...

Dilbert_X wrote:

Dr.PhiL wrote:

lol why are people still debatting this incident, the turks sailed into an embargoed area and were told to turn around.
It was an illegal embargo for a start, the Israelis had no right to be issuing 'orders'.
Do you walk up to military or police blockades with that in mind Dilbert?

Fair enough if you'd ask me a SWAT unit should've been dropped on top of the boat but because they probably were unaware if there were any weapons aboard the ship they took the safe route.

Last edited by dayarath (2010-09-24 05:43:57)

inane little opines
Trotskygrad
бля

M.O.A.B wrote:

You have to look at the bigger picture concerning the raid. The flotilla passengers didn't know commandos would be roping onto their decks, and yet they still armed themselves. If an unarmed boarding party had come onboard, it could have been much, much worse. The passengers for one seemed intent on kidnapping any Israeli they got a hold of, and if they took hostages then the IDF would have gone all out on them.

Nobody was innocent in this event, but the flotilla instigated the confrontation. The blockade isn't against the Turks, therefore, nothing was instigated against the passengers. They chose to run it, were warned, and, rather stupidly, disregarded that warning.
I'm pretty sure it's obvious that they did not want to come aboard, but they could've attempted to communicate (radios don't count FYI) if they sent an unarmed boarding party first.

A boat approaching is a lot less intimidating that a military helicopter, provides for better communication
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6680|London, England

M.O.A.B wrote:

If an unarmed boarding party had come onboard, it could have been much, much worse. The passengers for one seemed intent on kidnapping any Israeli they got a hold of, and if they took hostages then the IDF would have gone all out on them.
See you're just talking out of your arse and you don't even realise it.

Then again that's pretty much how this whole stupid Israel Palestine situation works anyway
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6282|Escea

Mekstizzle wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

If an unarmed boarding party had come onboard, it could have been much, much worse. The passengers for one seemed intent on kidnapping any Israeli they got a hold of, and if they took hostages then the IDF would have gone all out on them.

Then again that's pretty much how this whole stupid Israel Palestine situation works anyway
How exactly?

They cut up the railings before the choppers arrived, not exactly a quick job, and they were prepared for a fight. They even carried off two of the wounded commandos, regardless of the fact they were surrounded by Israelis vessels, and would've done the same with others if the shooting hadn't started. An unarmed party would have fared worse than an armed one because they would have had no means of defending themselves.

So do tell me what they were going to do with the wounded commandos they took below deck? Wait until they had them all and then give them back?

If they took two they'd take more, and if you'd like an example of what the IDF does when their people are kidnapped, look to the 06 Lebanon War and what started it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

dayarath wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Dr.PhiL wrote:

Do you walk up to military or police blockades with that in mind Dilbert?
If its an illegal blockade and thats what you're trying to prove then obviously.
Trotskygrad
бля

M.O.A.B wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

How exactly?

They cut up the railings before the choppers arrived, not exactly a quick job, and they were prepared for a fight. They even carried off two of the wounded commandos, regardless of the fact they were surrounded by Israelis vessels, and would've done the same with others if the shooting hadn't started. An unarmed party would have fared worse than an armed one because they would have had no means of defending themselves.

So do tell me what they were going to do with the wounded commandos they took below deck? Wait until they had them all and then give them back?

If they took two they'd take more, and if you'd like an example of what the IDF does when their people are kidnapped, look to the 06 Lebanon War and what started it.
an unarmed boat carrying unarmed inspectors that pulled up and attempted to communicate with the mob (from a distance with a loudspeaker, most likely) would be seen as a much better sign of goodwill than armed military helicopters closing in...
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6059|...

Dilbert_X wrote:

If its an illegal blockade and thats what you're trying to prove then obviously.
Who's to decide that's illegal? That whole notion is so fucking ridiculous to me.

The UN? Please.
inane little opines

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard