nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6390|New Haven, CT
At least two of those knives have no place in any kitchen, but regardless does that explain the rifle scopes, bulletproof vests, and gas masks?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,811|6172|eXtreme to the maX

nukchebi0 wrote:

At least two of those knives have no place in any kitchen, but regardless does that explain the rifle scopes, bulletproof vests, and gas masks?
Which aren't weapons either.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
13rin
+977|6545
the slingshots with marbles were toys too.

* I would concede that I carry two knives.  A leatherman and a microtech.  I guess the microtech is for hurting people.  But then again I also carry a gun and a weapons permit.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2010-06-11 18:39:52)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

DBBrinson1 wrote:

the slingshots with marbles were toys too.

* I would concede that I carry two knives.  A leatherman and a microtech.  I guess the microtech is for hurting people.  But then again I also carry a gun and a weapons permit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNViG5PAxcE
Uh huh, so you like carrying defensive weapons but the Turks shouldn't have been allowed to?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6390|New Haven, CT

Dilbert_X wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Which aren't weapons either.

The Dictionary wrote:

any instrument or device for use in attack or defense in combat, fighting, or war, as a sword, rifle, or cannon
Rifle scopes aren't weapons? Honestly? They don't fire projectiles, but the enhance the effectiveness of implements that do.

Bulletproof vests and gas masks aren't weapons? See the above definition for clarification on what exactly a weapon is.

Regardless, you are obscuring the point that some of the "humanitarian aid" for Gaza the ship was carrying has no apparent civilian benefit, but would benefit Hamas fighters should they receive it. Intellectual dishonesty is something you should have transcended long ago.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2010-06-11 20:15:54)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6741|Canberra, AUS
hmmm

nuk has become so wrapped up in semantics he hasn't actually read what he posts.

how the fuck is one supposed to use a rifle scope as a weapon without having a rifle? What are you gonna do, throw it at them?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6390|New Haven, CT

Spark wrote:

hmmm

nuk has become so wrapped up in semantics he hasn't actually read what he posts.

how the fuck is one supposed to use a rifle scope as a weapon without having a rifle? What are you gonna do, throw it at them?

i wrote:

enhance the effectiveness of implements that do

dictionary, on the definition of weapon wrote:

or device for use in attack
And even if there is no rifle, the fact doesn't change that this aid ship is sending Gaza "humanitarian aid" that has no applications for civilians improvement aside from hunting, which isn't exactly a popular form of recreation or food acquisition in the Gaza strip. That doesn't speak to good or honest intentions ont he part of the flotilla organizers, does it?

Nice try, but I knew exactly what I was arguing.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2010-06-11 22:13:50)

Spark
+874|6741|Canberra, AUS
You still haven't explained how the fuck a rifle scope is supposed to harm anyone if you don't have a fucking gun. We can do dictionary definitions all day but it means diddly in the real world. Are you arguing about the actual aid, or about the intentions when boarded?

Last edited by Spark (2010-06-11 22:29:31)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6219|what

You can use the glass in a rifle scope to enhance the suns rays and create a fire, and a fire on a commando helicopter would have brought the whole thing down.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6390|New Haven, CT

Spark wrote:

You still haven't explained how the fuck a rifle scope is supposed to harm anyone if you don't have a fucking gun. We can do dictionary definitions all day but it means diddly in the real world. Are you arguing about the actual aid, or about the intentions when boarded?
Are you saying the Hamas militants don't have guns? A very realistic assumption, to be sure.

With that said, kindly read my posts prior to attacking them, as it will make you look less like you lack the reading comprehension of a fifth grader and more like an educated member of society. I'm arguing that the composition of the ship's cargo belies the facade of the flotilla as one solely intending to deliver peaceful "humanitarian aid" to the people of Gaza. A rifle scope doesn't injure anyone directly, but as I said earlier, it helps rifles become more effective (I'm sure you can envision how), something that has no application to the humanitarian aspects of civilian life in the Gaza Strip. Consequently, regardless of the actual availability of guns potentially utilizing rifle scopes among the Hamas-affiliated fighters in the Gaza strip, the inclusion of rifle scopes into the cargo of a ostensibly humanitarian flotilla indicates that the organizers had motivations beyond simply "aiding" the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, and moreover that Israeli concerns regarding the smuggling of weapons in such aid shipments have merits. Is that clear enough for you to understand? You are the one wrapped up in semantics, not me. As noted before, nice try, but you ultimately fail. I knew exactly what I was saying when I wrote it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Still waiting for pics of the rifle scopes.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5303|Cleveland, Ohio

Spark wrote:

lol........ so they have no guns in gaza is what you are arguing so it seems.  wow dude.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6390|New Haven, CT

Dilbert_X wrote:

Still waiting for pics of the rifle scopes.
http://idfspokesperson.com/2010/06/02/p … june-2010/
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So we're up to two knives and one telescopic sight?

Try harder.
Spark
+874|6741|Canberra, AUS

nukchebi0 wrote:

Spark wrote:

Are you saying the Hamas militants don't have guns? A very realistic assumption, to be sure.

With that said, kindly read my posts prior to attacking them, as it will make you look less like you lack the reading comprehension of a fifth grader and more like an educated member of society. I'm arguing that the composition of the ship's cargo belies the facade of the flotilla as one solely intending to deliver peaceful "humanitarian aid" to the people of Gaza. A rifle scope doesn't injure anyone directly, but as I said earlier, it helps rifles become more effective (I'm sure you can envision how), something that has no application to the humanitarian aspects of civilian life in the Gaza Strip. Consequently, regardless of the actual availability of guns potentially utilizing rifle scopes among the Hamas-affiliated fighters in the Gaza strip, the inclusion of rifle scopes into the cargo of a ostensibly humanitarian flotilla indicates that the organizers had motivations beyond simply "aiding" the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, and moreover that Israeli concerns regarding the smuggling of weapons in such aid shipments have merits. Is that clear enough for you to understand? You are the one wrapped up in semantics, not me. As noted before, nice try, but you ultimately fail. I knew exactly what I was saying when I wrote it.
With that said, the previous link indicating some activists we preparing for a fight is all that is necessary to prove what I want to prove, so this point is moot.
So... are you saying the activists are Hamas militants? Or are you insinuating as I first thought, that the activists were preparing for a spoil with the Israelis when they boarded - in which case a rifle scope is pretty hopeless.
~ Richard Feynman
jord
+2,382|6744|The North, beyond the wall.
So why did they take a rifle scope? So a civilian can trade it for food or something?
11 Bravo
Banned
the activists were looking for trouble.  period.  end of story.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
And the Israelis weren't?
11 Bravo
Banned

Dilbert_X wrote:

no activists = no dead activists
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

11 Bravo wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

No armed commandos fast-roping off helicopters onto ships in international waters = no dead anyone.
11 Bravo
Banned

Dilbert_X wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

No armed commandos fast-roping off helicopters onto ships in international waters = no dead anyone.
they have a blockade...they are allowed to.  they didnt shoot first.  so once again.........
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6390|New Haven, CT

Spark wrote:

So... are you saying the activists are Hamas militants? Or are you insinuating as I first thought, that the activists were preparing for a spoil with the Israelis when they boarded - in which case a rifle scope is pretty hopeless.
No, I'm saying the preponderance of the evidence suggests they are supporting Hamas militants and actively opposing Israel, rather that simply attending to assuage the humanitarian crisis transpiring in Gaza. My apologies, as I realize I discussed the case solely using the rifle scope (which might have made it seem weaker), rather than all weapons found aboard, but I think the point remains. I do believe they were intending to fight the IDF commandos, as it helps in the efforts against Israel. There is more than just the presence of the weapons suggesting the intention, though I'm not going to retype the arguments here as they can easily be found in the previous seven pages. In essence, the presence of weapons on board the ship suggests the activists were more than simple humanitarians; coupled with knowing the benefits each side has to gain from a conflict on the flotilla (hint: Israel has none), the religious background of those dead, and statements made by members prior to the incident, it seems reasonable to conclude they were anti-Israeli interests actively fighting a war against Israel, rather than victimized and impartial foreigners attempting to reduce human suffering.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Try harder.
Dude, this is getting pathetic. The bulletproof vests? The gas masks? I see you haven't addressed those in the slightest.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2010-06-12 04:02:34)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

nukchebi0 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Try harder.
Dude, this is getting pathetic. The bulletproof vests? The gas masks? I see you haven't addressed those in the slightest.
Still waiting for some offensive weapons.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

11 Bravo wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

they have a blockade...they are allowed to.  they didnt shoot first.  so once again.........
Well, the activists didn't have firearms so they clearly did shoot first.
11 Bravo
Banned

Dilbert_X wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Try harder.
Still waiting for some offensive weapons.
one can argue every weapon is defensive.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard