Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,811|6174|eXtreme to the maX

eleven bravo wrote:

bullshit poll

How can they have Britain, France and the EU as three separate options?
Easy, they put them down as separate options.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6479|'Murka

eleven bravo wrote:

bullshit poll

^This. And my point was specific to a given issue. I'm sure if you narrowed the poll down to that issue, you'd see very different results.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6785
I'm sure the public opinion of China is pretty high. Coz they're so nice people hur.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6588|Πάϊ

FEOS wrote:

Three whole months? Wow. The Israelis must be really pissed at the guy.
lol I can see how 3 months sound funny but read about him and you'll see it's the tip of the iceberg. Actually those 3 months show that they got nothing on him lately and they're just grasping from straws in their desperate effort to keep him quiet. I'm sure there will be more to come after the 3 months have passed. Unless he dies "unexpectedly"...

FEOS wrote:

And out of the three, Israel is clearly the more trustworthy in the eyes of public opinion. Seriously. You're comparing Iran, North Korea, and Israel...and you're saying one of the first two is somehow more trustworthy than the last one with nuclear weapons--particularly if you consider the fact that it's assumed they've had them for decades now already and have not used, proliferated or threatened to use them yet? NK is 2/3 (I think) in just testing nukes and they threaten SK regularly and have already proliferated nuclear technology to Syria. Iran threatens Israel (and others) regularly--and they don't have the ability to do anything about it yet.

Not that any of the three are necessarily shining stars, but the first two have a much more tawdry record WRT proven issues of concern with proliferation and just plain bad behavior--particularly after agreements have been made to not do exactly that.
Oh no you misunderstood. Personally I find all 3 governments equally untrustworthy. I never meant to imply that Israel was worse than the other two, that would be a bold statement... But on that note, I can't think of one government I trust more with nukes than the 3 mentioned. I fail to see why France for example would inspire more trust... or Pakistan, or any other for that matter.
ƒ³
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6588|Πάϊ

Cybargs wrote:

oug don't believe in treaties lel.
governments don't believe in treaties, why should I?
ƒ³
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6743|Canberra, AUS
Serious? I would much, much rather France, or the UK, or even China/Russia with nuclear weapons than NK.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6588|Πάϊ

nukchebi0 wrote:

http://idfspokesperson.com/2010/06/02/p … june-2010/
HAHAHAHAAHAHA they got Turkish flags on 'em! Probably because the Turks want the world to get to know their generous nature, yes yes...

oh and don't forget to throw in one o' them scarves them Palis wear among those gas masks aait?

Last edited by oug (2010-06-10 05:28:02)

ƒ³
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6588|Πάϊ

Spark wrote:

Serious? I would much, much rather France, or the UK, or even China/Russia with nuclear weapons than NK.
Quite serious, yeah. What are they going to do? Nuke SK? It's so close it'll come back to them. The fact of the matter is nukes can't ever be actually used. They're only worth as deterrents - granted in the case of NK that probably makes the dictatorship more stable, but that's about it.
ƒ³
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6392|New Haven, CT

oug wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

HAHAHAHAAHAHA they got Turkish flags on 'em! Probably because the Turks want the world to get to know their generous nature, yes yes...

oh and don't forget to throw in one o' them scarves them Palis wear among those gas masks aait?
You going to respond to the rest or just concede it?

Is this faked too?

http://technorati.com/videos/youtube.co … 6sANhzjcC0

Finally: http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/About+the+Min … emeditated

I'd recommend conceding now to save yourself the hassle of responding and embarrassed derived from defending a point of view so obviously wrong.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2010-06-10 05:45:18)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6588|Πάϊ

nukchebi0 wrote:

oug wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

You going to respond to the rest or just concede it?

Is this faked too?

http://technorati.com/videos/youtube.co … 6sANhzjcC0
I did already respond to everything you said in your last post - which was a repetition of how you came to the conclusion that they were willing to die based on flimsy observations about their religious beliefs. I have nothing more to say.
As for the video, it shows exactly the same things as the pics yes? Why should my response differ? But I'm curious what you think of my observations. How do you explain the rather obvious flags and the scarves etc? I mean I know the Turks have a nasty habit of putting their flag on everything but that vest thing is a bit too much wouldn't you say?
ƒ³
Spark
+874|6743|Canberra, AUS

oug wrote:

Spark wrote:

Quite serious, yeah. What are they going to do? Nuke SK? It's so close it'll come back to them. The fact of the matter is nukes can't ever be actually used. They're only worth as deterrents - granted in the case of NK that probably makes the dictatorship more stable, but that's about it.
Thing is, NK is so bloody insane and out of the tree that there is a possibility they see nukes as offensive weapons...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

bullshit poll

^This. And my point was specific to a given issue. I'm sure if you narrowed the poll down to that issue, you'd see very different results.
Doubt it.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6392|New Haven, CT

oug wrote:

I did already respond to everything you said in your last post - which was a repetition of how you came to the conclusion that they were willing to die based on flimsy observations about their religious beliefs. I have nothing more to say.
In other words, you concede you are unable to understand the argument, as you consistently mischaracterize it. as a note, read the final link I posted in which "activists" say prior to the raid date they will fight Israel. That seems to support my conclusion even further, while simultaneously disproving your delusional statement that those who did lose their life (the nine extremists) only died because they didn't expect Israel to respond.

As for the video, it shows exactly the same things as the pics yes? Why should my response differ? But I'm curious what you think of my observations. How do you explain the rather obvious flags and the scarves etc? I mean I know the Turks have a nasty habit of putting their flag on everything but that vest thing is a bit too much wouldn't you say?
I was just wondering if video was harder to fake than pictures. I think it's a possibility, but I also don't think Israel would fake something that could easily be disproven. You'll note the lack of accusations from the activist groups and Turkey regarding the veracity of such finds. With that said, the previous link indicating some activists we preparing for a fight is all that is necessary to prove what I want to prove, so this point is moot.

In other words, you're wrong, as you have been from the beginning of this argument.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6588|Πάϊ

nukchebi0 wrote:

oug wrote:

In other words, you concede you are unable to understand the argument, as you consistently mischaracterize it. as a note, read the final link I posted in which "activists" say prior to the raid date they will fight Israel. That seems to support my conclusion even further, while simultaneously disproving your delusional statement that those who did lose their life (the nine extremists) only died because they didn't expect Israel to respond.
Did I concede anything in my previous post? Talk about inability to understand... I told you over and over why your assumptions are just that. Assumptions and irrational, unsupported conclusions. Saying them over and over won't make them any more true you know. But then again supporting such a theory in the first place probably means you won't be willing to change your mind, you will only seek more straws to grasp from in fear of admitting the obvious.

nukchebi0 wrote:

I was just wondering if video was harder to fake than pictures.
Wait you think they used paint.exe? I thought they just placed everything there quite conveniently and then took pics and vids.
And where's the part that shows activists preparing etc? You mean the men cutting up some iron bars? Why would activists make a video of themselves doing that? Rather mundane and pointless wouldn't you say? I'd rather make a fencing video with them curvy knives and some gas masks and the turkish vests!
ƒ³
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6392|New Haven, CT

oug wrote:

Did I concede anything in my previous post? Talk about inability to understand... I told you over and over why your assumptions are just that. Assumptions and irrational, unsupported conclusions. Saying them over and over won't make them any more true you know. But then again supporting such a theory in the first place probably means you won't be willing to change your mind, you will only seek more straws to grasp from in fear of admitting the obvious.
See, the thing you don't understand is that you haven't done anything but attempt to deny my conclusions with unsupported assertions they are merely assumptions. I've laid out for you in plain terms exactly what my reasoning is, what legitimate evidence I used to initially reach it, and what further evidence since then I've found that buttresses my points. Until you can deconstruct my argument and point out exactly what is wrong, and explain why certain "assumptions" are assumptions, my conclusions are going to appear a lot more valid than your pitiful attempts to universally victimize the activists. As it appears right now, you hate Israel and have an egregious inability to comprehend the nuances of arguments, meaning you disagree with my posts because they aren't blindly criticizing Israel but lack the mental fortitude to compose anything but feeble responses that are woefully inadequate for the debate.

Wait you think they used paint.exe? I thought they just placed everything there quite conveniently and then took pics and vids.
And where's the part that shows activists preparing etc? You mean the men cutting up some iron bars? Why would activists make a video of themselves doing that? Rather mundane and pointless wouldn't you say? I'd rather make a fencing video with them curvy knives and some gas masks and the turkish vests!
Hmm, I don't know. As my previous post pointed out though, and you failed to acknowledge (probably because it torpedos your pathetic opposition to the validity of the evidence), there hasn't been much in the way of vocal denial that these items were aboard the ship. Wouldn't we see more vociforous opposition to such claims if Israel had faked the weaponry they found abroad the Mavi Marmara?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Hmm, I don't know. As my previous post pointed out though, and you failed to acknowledge (probably because it torpedos your pathetic opposition to the validity of the evidence), there hasn't been much in the way of vocal denial that these items were aboard the ship. Wouldn't we see more vociforous opposition to such claims if Israel had faked the weaponry they found abroad the Mavi Marmara?
Were they weaponry or construction tools?
Pick handles, metal rods, kitchen knives - They're all dual use.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6479|'Murka

oug wrote:

FEOS wrote:

And out of the three, Israel is clearly the more trustworthy in the eyes of public opinion. Seriously. You're comparing Iran, North Korea, and Israel...and you're saying one of the first two is somehow more trustworthy than the last one with nuclear weapons--particularly if you consider the fact that it's assumed they've had them for decades now already and have not used, proliferated or threatened to use them yet? NK is 2/3 (I think) in just testing nukes and they threaten SK regularly and have already proliferated nuclear technology to Syria. Iran threatens Israel (and others) regularly--and they don't have the ability to do anything about it yet.

Not that any of the three are necessarily shining stars, but the first two have a much more tawdry record WRT proven issues of concern with proliferation and just plain bad behavior--particularly after agreements have been made to not do exactly that.
Oh no you misunderstood. Personally I find all 3 governments equally untrustworthy. I never meant to imply that Israel was worse than the other two, that would be a bold statement... But on that note, I can't think of one government I trust more with nukes than the 3 mentioned. I fail to see why France for example would inspire more trust... or Pakistan, or any other for that matter.
See point about having them and not threatening others with them...or not threatening others, in general.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6588|Πάϊ

FEOS wrote:

See point about having them and not threatening others with them...or not threatening others, in general.
This is not up for debate FEOS. You like to take into consideration the Iranian threats, I prefer to base my opinion on actions.
The Israeli government has been suppressing the Palestiniansin every possible way, defying UN resolutions and refusing to cooperate in negotiations, all based on its vast military capabilities.
Sure enough nukes can't play an active role in this, that's why they're never mentioned, but as a defence mechanism and a last resort - the ace on the sleeve shall we say - they're pretty effective in building a fearful image for Israel.
Now for me that's the only thing nukes are good for. Especially when we're talking about conflicts between neighboring nations, like NK and SK, Iran and Israel etc, nukes are completely pointless. In that respect, the more gonvermnents have them, the bigger the stalemate. And that's a good thing.
ƒ³
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6291|Escea

Dilbert_X wrote:

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/28748/kni.PNG

Except nobodies going to be chopping peppers with that thing.
Spark
+874|6743|Canberra, AUS
Holy god almighty that's quite the "knife"
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

M.O.A.B wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/28748/kni.PNG

Wow, in the whole ship they found one item which looks like a weapon.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6291|Escea

Dilbert_X wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/28748/kni.PNG

Wow, in the whole ship they found one item which looks like a weapon.
Sigh.
Spark
+874|6743|Canberra, AUS
Yeah um Dilbert you might want to reconsider that post, because it looks kinda dumb.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The rest are kitchen knives or pocket knives.
I'm not saying they weren't looking for a fight, but its not as if they had swords or assault rifles.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6291|Escea

No they just had a Jambiya dagger and a shitload of big knives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard