Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5999|Vortex Ring State

seymorebutts443 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Uzique wrote:

i think completely ignoring personal quibbles with game-content / genre / game-style

calling a game that has been the biggest commercial gaming success of all time

and the most widely-played and widely-popular (as in, penetrating popular culture as well as gaming culture) title

cannot by ANY definition be deemed a 'failure': not financially, not developmentally, not critically

love it or hate it, im afraid warcraft is one of the milestones in the (online) PC gaming industry, and won't go away any time soon- despite your puerile whines and silly little baby cries.
tbh, there are two industries

MMORPG PC gaming

and

PC Gaming (non-MMORPG)

Although some companies (Blizzard) span both.
Warcraft the RTS series dominated the PC gaming market, and WoW dominates the current MMORPG market with no signs of letting up (i think it's gone downhill now because of the ease you can get gear. I worked my ass off in BC just to get badge gear.)
Yeah well the market isn't the best indicator of quality, as we all know from MW2.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6594|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Trotskygrad wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

tbh, there are two industries

MMORPG PC gaming

and

PC Gaming (non-MMORPG)

Although some companies (Blizzard) span both.
Warcraft the RTS series dominated the PC gaming market, and WoW dominates the current MMORPG market with no signs of letting up (i think it's gone downhill now because of the ease you can get gear. I worked my ass off in BC just to get badge gear.)
Yeah well the market isn't the best indicator of quality, as we all know from MW2.
CODs popularity came from console gaming, not PC gaming.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Fine, fine, I'll be serious. Of the games I've actually played, I remember there was this one racing game for the PS1 that had various human-like animals in it, like an elephant or fox, but they weren't racing in cars or karts, they were racing on foot, just running (on two legs) at 20 mph. It was so shitty.

Of recent times, by far the worst game I've played is Resistance: Fall of Man. Got a PS3 last holiday season and it was one of the first games I picked up because of all the reviews I read about how ground-breaking and fun it was. Good games should be able to stand the test of time right? This one didn't. In fact, it was shittier than a lot of NES games I played, and I've played a lot of old shitty NES games.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

mtb0minime wrote:

Fine, fine, I'll be serious. Of the games I've actually played, I remember there was this one racing game for the PS1 that had various human-like animals in it, like an elephant or fox, but they weren't racing in cars or karts, they were racing on foot, just running (on two legs) at 20 mph. It was so shitty.

Of recent times, by far the worst game I've played is Resistance: Fall of Man. Got a PS3 last holiday season and it was one of the first games I picked up because of all the reviews I read about how ground-breaking and fun it was. Good games should be able to stand the test of time right? This one didn't. In fact, it was shittier than a lot of NES games I played, and I've played a lot of old shitty NES games.
oh god that game was awful. The only thing that kept it off my list was splitscreen.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Miggle wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

oh god that game was awful. The only thing that kept it off my list was splitscreen.
You're too forgiving.

The only time I played it, about 2 hours worth (can't believe I made it that far), was playing co-op campaign with a friend. A very rare and neat feature these days, but could not save the game by a mile. Split-screen vs. was even worse.

I can't remember ever truly regretting a game purchase (hell, even Enter the Matrix was silly fun, despite all its bugs) but R:FoM really pissed me off. I know that reviewers typically go overboard, so I wasn't expecting it to be perfect, but it seemed like it'd be a game I'd like, and I was willing to look past a few things... I was so angry I spent money on this. I couldn't return it either because I didn't start playing it until much later from when I bought it (was too busy with GOOD games like Burnout and Uncharted).
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

mtb0minime wrote:

Miggle wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

You're too forgiving.

The only time I played it, about 2 hours worth (can't believe I made it that far), was playing co-op campaign with a friend. A very rare and neat feature these days, but could not save the game by a mile. Split-screen vs. was even worse.

I can't remember ever truly regretting a game purchase (hell, even Enter the Matrix was silly fun, despite all its bugs) but R:FoM really pissed me off. I know that reviewers typically go overboard, so I wasn't expecting it to be perfect, but it seemed like it'd be a game I'd like, and I was willing to look past a few things... I was so angry I spent money on this. I couldn't return it either because I didn't start playing it until much later from when I bought it (was too busy with GOOD games like Burnout and Uncharted).
it was the first FPS I bought for my PS3. I didn't have high expectations, but I had heard nothing but good reviews. This was supposed to be the Halo of the PS3. Halo certainly isn't good, but I can understand why all the console kiddies rave about it, because it's definitely the best they've got. I couldn't even get halfway through Resistance, even when i tried to make it more enjoyable doing the splitscreen co-op. Killzone was the same way only it didn't even have splitscreen, and as such, it makes the list.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

For me, KZ2 was a bit more tolerable, albeit a bit frustrating. I managed to finish it over the course of about 3 months (which says something about it), and even played online for a whole hour. Overrated? Definitely. But there were still some moments that contained remote instances of fun, which RFoM could not get near.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

mtb0minime wrote:

For me, KZ2 was a bit more tolerable, albeit a bit frustrating. I managed to finish it over the course of about 3 months (which says something about it), and even played online for a whole hour. Overrated? Definitely. But there were still some moments that contained remote instances of fun, which RFoM could not get near.
I killed the mini-boss that you had to make turn around and then I got in my car and took it back to the store.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Yeah...

It was very slow to get going, very very slow. But eventually it did pick up a little.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

mtb0minime wrote:

Yeah...

It was very slow to get going, very very slow. But eventually it did pick up a little.
not quite as slow as the crosshair on max sensitivity, but yeah, quite slow.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Never had any problems with aiming, tbh.

Besides, disregarding gameplay altogther (which I know, is really all that matters, but since neither KZ2 or RFoM have that), you have to admit that RFoM was far worse looking.

And why the hell are we arguing over which of two shitty games is shittier?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

mtb0minime wrote:

Never had any problems with aiming, tbh.

Besides, disregarding gameplay altogther (which I know, is really all that matters, but since neither KZ2 or RFoM have that), you have to admit that RFoM was far worse looking.

And why the hell are we arguing over which of two shitty games is shittier?
it's the "What game is the worst game ever?" thread.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
KZ2 was seriously dreadful. Just awful. I also returned it after about the first or second level.

Heavy Rain was surprisingly awesome. One of my favorites of the year so far, actually.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard