pace51
Boom?
+194|5170|Markham, Ontario
In your opinion, which game (s) were the best made? Not your favorites, but the games that were designed very well, had a lot of work put into them, enticing gameplay, and most of all addictingly fun.

For me,
BF2

Last edited by pace51 (2010-05-30 17:34:54)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum
is this fucking serious.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5176|Sydney

FatherTed wrote:

is this fucking serious.
Arc
silly one-liner
+24|6456|Ontario
fucking serious this is.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5996|The Mitten
BF2s is, liek, tha best gaem evar!!!!11!!!!
EE (hats
Chou
+737|6788
Pong
SamTheMan
­
+341|5138|Stoke, England
bf2
Arc
silly one-liner
+24|6456|Ontario
Seriously though. Catch was probably the best game ever. Really paved the way for how we play games today.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 was, for me, the greatest game ever. The only game that ever came close to it, for me, Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater.

The first Metal Gear Solid cinematic quality was impressive considering it was on the PS1. The story and how it was presented hooked me.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

When I saw this thread, it had a singular title. When I read the OP, it allowed for a plural listing. Since we can make our lists as long as we want, how is this different than other "best games in your opinion" threads?

Seemed more interesting to me when it only asked for one.

edit: So, I'll only answer with one!

Thief II: The Metal Age

To me, nothing has ever been quite as atmospheric with so little effort (unlike Thief 3's contrived but awesome haunted orphanage). On top of that, everything else in the game was flawless, right down to the controls.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-05-30 17:15:14)

Engineer_Fox
Has a horse outside
+48|5180|Hague City Firm - Holland
Max Payne
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6465
Do a research noob.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Deus Ex
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6739|FUCK UBISOFT

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

When I saw this thread, it had a singular title. When I read the OP, it allowed for a plural listing. Since we can make our lists as long as we want, how is this different than other "best games in your opinion" threads?

Seemed more interesting to me when it only asked for one.

edit: So, I'll only answer with one!

Thief II: The Metal Age

To me, nothing has ever been quite as atmospheric with so little effort (unlike Thief 3's contrived but awesome haunted orphanage). On top of that, everything else in the game was flawless, right down to the controls.
everything looking glass ever did. also deus ex.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6565|NYC / Hamburg

AoE II or Quake II
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6153|Vancouver | Canada
GTA San Andreas.

Fact.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5929|CA
Using very scientific algorithms, charts with many colors, and a crack team of people in lab coats I have found the solution to this age old question.

The game is called - "Just the tip, just to see how it feels."

Man that game rules.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6572|London

GravyDan wrote:

Using very scientific algorithms, charts with many colors, and a crack team of people in lab coats I have found the solution to this age old question.

The game is called - "Just the tip, just to see how it feels."

Man that game rules.
High replay value too if you get around enough
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
Probably GTA San Andreas. Was a generally awesome game, and I got a shitload of playtime out of it. I still remember playing MP with a friend when I was about 13 or so and having a blast.

Story wise, HL2.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6678|Disaster Free Zone
Baldur's Gate
BeardedHobo
Will post for food
+53|5178|Flying in my boxcar.
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6509|Gold Coast
Medal of Honour Allied Assault
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6172|Sydney | ♥

Bf2 1.2
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6437|Brisbane, Australia

Halo 3
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria
Deus Ex
System Shock 2
No One Lives Forever 2
Aliens vs. Predator (1999)
Atomic Bomberman
Re-Volt
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5176|Sydney
Back in the day it was Super Mario Kart on SNES. I'd spend hours every weekend shaving off 1/100ths of a second in time trials with my brother. I swear we got so good at it that it was seriously impossible to get any faster times -period- than what we posted, and yet we were still hooked.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-05-31 05:25:04)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard