Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

The KING 5 Investigators have learned that an illegal immigrant accused of raping a woman in Edmonds Sunday has been deported nine times. That's much more than previously reported.

Madrigal's arrest and immigration record includes a staggering number of contacts with law enforcement since 1989. That's the year he was convicted of theft using a firearm in California.

He was deported a couple of times after that. Then in 1999, he was arrested for drug sales in both San Diego and San Francisco. Records show that he was deported three times that year between April and August.

He was arrested for drugs again in Stockton, Calif. in 2000. In 2002, he pleaded to third degree sexual assault in Denver. Later that year, he was deported again. And in 2003, records show he was deported three more times.
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Investi … 37479.html
So how do you prevent a criminal illegal from returning into the country?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

Like this?
TORONTO -- Baltimore Orioles outfielder Adam Jones was detained by Canadian immigration officials for a few hours Thursday night after he landed in Toronto for this weekend's series.

"They said I had a criminal record," Jones said. "My mom raised me better than that. I've never done anything like that, been involved in anything criminal in my entire life. It was a long, pointless situation because of the circumstances, but I'm glad everything got cleared."

Jones
Jones

Jones had to leave the airport for extra screening. He was not able to go until about 5 a.m. ET.

"We went to immigration," he said. "I was considered detained."

Jones blamed the incident on a case of mistaken identity.

"They had the wrong person," Jones said. "They thought I was somebody else."

Jones said he was not told whether he had been mistaken for NFL player Adam "Pacman" Jones, who has had frequent legal troubles.

"I don't know if it's him," Jones said. "We've got the same name, obviously, but I don't know if it's him."

Jones posted a note about the incident on his Twitter account but deleted it shortly afterward.

A message written about 5:30 a.m. Friday read: "detained by immigration in canada for no false accusations till 5am and appreciate someone from the team making sure were ok NOOOOOOTTTTT"

Jones said at least one other Baltimore player had to go through extra screening, too.

Earlier this month, the major league players' union warned members with criminal convictions or arrests to contact the association before trying to enter Canada.

In a memo sent to agents by Doyle Pryor, a union assistant general counsel, this series between the Orioles and Blue Jays was specifically mentioned, as were upcoming visits to Toronto by Tampa Bay (May 31-June 2) and the New York Yankees (June 4-6).

"Individuals who are not Canadian citizens may be detained at the border and, in certain cases may not be permitted to enter Canada at all, if they have any sort of past criminal record," the memo said. "Recently, Canadian authorities have stepped up enforcement of these laws, resulting in several non-Canadian players traveling to Toronto with their teams being detained at the border because of a past criminal record."
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5230674
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

9 times?! Holy crap, you can't say the dude isn't dedicated to living in the US.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696
How is him being an illegal immigrant relevant to the crime? This is like the time you slipped in "overweight" to your other thread title.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

13/f/taiwan wrote:

How is him being an illegal immigrant relevant to the crime? This is like the time you slipped in "overweight" to your other thread title.
It is relevant. If we controlled our borders better it wouldn't have occurred.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina

Macbeth wrote:

Shoot him.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
Dunno, control your borders?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5235|Cleveland, Ohio

JohnG@lt wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

It is relevant. If we controlled our borders better it wouldn't have occurred.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Dilbert_X wrote:

Isn't the border around 3000 miles long?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
11 Bravo
Banned

Cybargs wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

he lives on an island so he thinks it is simple.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

11 Bravo wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Australia is a continent, not an island.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
11 Bravo
Banned

AussieReaper wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Cybargs wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

So?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

AussieReaper wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

It's also the only country on aforementioned island continent.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5930|CA
This is what you get when you don't monitor those damn Canadians.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5541|Toronto

JohnG@lt wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Like this?
TORONTO -- Baltimore Orioles outfielder Adam Jones was detained by Canadian immigration officials for a few hours Thursday night after he landed in Toronto for this weekend's series.

"They said I had a criminal record," Jones said. "My mom raised me better than that. I've never done anything like that, been involved in anything criminal in my entire life. It was a long, pointless situation because of the circumstances, but I'm glad everything got cleared."

Jones
Jones

Jones had to leave the airport for extra screening. He was not able to go until about 5 a.m. ET.

"We went to immigration," he said. "I was considered detained."

Jones blamed the incident on a case of mistaken identity.

"They had the wrong person," Jones said. "They thought I was somebody else."

Jones said he was not told whether he had been mistaken for NFL player Adam "Pacman" Jones, who has had frequent legal troubles.

"I don't know if it's him," Jones said. "We've got the same name, obviously, but I don't know if it's him."

Jones posted a note about the incident on his Twitter account but deleted it shortly afterward.

A message written about 5:30 a.m. Friday read: "detained by immigration in canada for no false accusations till 5am and appreciate someone from the team making sure were ok NOOOOOOTTTTT"

Jones said at least one other Baltimore player had to go through extra screening, too.

Earlier this month, the major league players' union warned members with criminal convictions or arrests to contact the association before trying to enter Canada.

In a memo sent to agents by Doyle Pryor, a union assistant general counsel, this series between the Orioles and Blue Jays was specifically mentioned, as were upcoming visits to Toronto by Tampa Bay (May 31-June 2) and the New York Yankees (June 4-6).

"Individuals who are not Canadian citizens may be detained at the border and, in certain cases may not be permitted to enter Canada at all, if they have any sort of past criminal record," the memo said. "Recently, Canadian authorities have stepped up enforcement of these laws, resulting in several non-Canadian players traveling to Toronto with their teams being detained at the border because of a past criminal record."
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5230674
Although I believe you are pointing in the right direction with your post, Canada is not the model security situation. Our only neighbor is a country of relatively similar wealth and culture, so the volume of ground boarder issues is extremely low compared to most other countries. We do, however, have issues with illegals landing in Canada, but most countries are well enough equipped these days to handle the situation just the same. Actually, the US is even better at controlling air flights than we are...

TL;DR: different situation in Canada.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
ruisleipa
+149|6220|teh FIN-land

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

It's also the only country on aforementioned island continent.
do some geography.

Australia is a country comprising of one big fuckin island as well as tasmania and a few smaller islands.

the continent is called OCEANIA which includes AUSTRALASIA, i.e Aus, NZ and New Guinea and a few smaller islands.

Jeez even I know that and I live in Finland
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina

AussieReaper wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

It's both actually.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

People who say that in the US are called "racist".
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

People who say that in the US are called "racist".
Its not my fault you have a higher proportion of idiots than most other countries
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5471|Ventura, California
A handgun bullet is cheaper than deporting.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5997|Vortex Ring State

-Sh1fty- wrote:

a lawsuit isn't
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6704

Cybargs wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

First of all, The US border is 1,969 miles long.  The great wall of China today is estimated to be 3,900 miles long.  If the ancient Chinese, with the few people they had, can build a wall that's over twice as long as the US Mexican border using just manpower, the US has no excuse for not defending its borders.  The US border is a relatively easy border to defend compared to most.  A lot of it is desert, and you can see for miles.

The Democrats want illegal immigration because they get more voters, and the Republicans haven't done anything about illegal immigration because they are a source of cheap labor for businesses.

What needs to happen is we need to employ American citizens to build a wall across the border, then we need to enforce our immigration laws by  deporting all of the illegal immigrants within the United States and enforce our immigration employment laws by fining all of the American companies that hire illegals.  Then, if we really do en up having problems finding people to do certain jobs, which I doubt we will, we put a guest worker program in place that allows a limited number of foreign workers to work in the United States temporarily.  As soon as all this is put into effect, employment of US citizens will increase, crime will decrease, drug trafficking will decrease, and the cost of health insurance will decrease, as you see a decrease in the cost of hospital bills.  Also, since the border will be secure, we will be able to safely release the illegals that make up 33% of California's prison population and turn them over to Mexico without fearing that they will get back into the United States.
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

Macbeth wrote:

brand him with a hot iron across his face
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5471|Ventura, California

Trotskygrad wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

a lawsuit isn't
They have to catch you first.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard