JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
+16|5179|Between your mama's legs.
Ok, so I have had this problem maybe a week? No other problems with Win7. But randomly my desktop icons will just disappear without my doings. To reset them and make them show again I have to go to view, uncheck the already checked "show desktop icons", then put the check mark on again. Then my icons will only remain for a little while before disappearing. Whats up with this? Who can help me fix this, and make my desktop icons stop disappearing? I'd really appreciate it.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6605|Seattle

This might be a stretch, but I run into this sometimes at work and believe it or not, it's related to the video driver.

2.    If it’s a QUADRO then install the new driver
3.    If it is a Geforce then you need to stop the “Nvidia Display Driver" Service and then delete the NvCplDaemon reg entry from \\HKey_Local Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run
Worth a shot anyhow, eh?
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
+16|5179|Between your mama's legs.

King_County_Downy wrote:

This might be a stretch, but I run into this sometimes at work and believe it or not, it's related to the video driver.

3.    If it is a Geforce then you need to stop the “Nvidia Display Driver" Service and then delete the NvCplDaemon reg entry from \\HKey_Local Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run
Worth a shot anyhow, eh?
well since I have a GeForce...How do I stop the "Nvidia Display Driver?"
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

JadedDope wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

Worth a shot anyhow, eh?
well since I have a GeForce...How do I stop the "Nvidia Display Driver?"
Open up the task manager via ctrl+alt+del, click the services tab and you should be able to find it. Once you have found it, right click it and click Stop Service.

Hope you get it fixed. Sounds like a really annoying issue.

edit: lol

Last edited by Phrozenbot (2010-06-09 13:51:00)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard