OpsChief
+101|6721|Southern California
lol mannnn wth? don't even go there Indian!!!!

Depending on what revision and part the ROE reads:

§2.3 You may not deliberately hinder your own team or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team losses.
§ Commander flying or in a vehicle instead of commanding

What the ROE should read:

§2.3 strike it

- the 2.3 rule depends on the judgement of an admin who probably has no education, training oir experience comensurate to judging whether someone is being deliberate or just developing skills. It is so subjective the rule itself is exploiting fair play and giving a free license to admins to selectively intervene on a friends behalf. Booting people for disparate skills is bad for BF2.  Way wayyy bad. I am embarrassed to see a rule like this in an ROE.

§ Commanders must be responsive to requests.

- Commander flying or in a vehicle instead of commanding lol it is usually stupid to command and pilot an aircraft but it shouldn't be against the rules. Sometimes commanders need to fly, why isn't this obvious? Do I really need to list reasons? Game size, enemy theft avoidance, emergency strike mission come on guys.

Modern Armies have a rule - commanders in charge of ground troops command from the ground. The mental faculties and instincts of a pilot are for individual performance and survival not for the complex intricacies of the ground manuever forces or logistical trails. 60% of your mind is freed up when you stop piloting. The rest is thinking about women anyway nothing can change that....

What should happen in games of more than 16 people per team ONLY commander's should have a timer on when piloting/driving. Commanders would auto-eject at one minute air, two minutes ground vehicle. That is enough time to strafe or defend your airfield/base or enemy field target, get back and start commanding. But the 2nd rule applies, commanders must be responsive to team requests.

You will not improve this game by counter-logical rules. If people aren't satisfied with their commander then mutiny - if mutiny is too hard then add coding to provide evidence such as - # of minutes flying +  #of ignored requests in last 5 minutes + # of yes votes on mutiny = demotion.  And that's ignored requests not refused due to dual taskings.    So if you have 16 people on your team and the the mutiny votes =7, flying time =5, req ignored =6, then total 18 equals demotion.

Code it don't ROE it.
oberst_enzian
+234|6788|melb.au

OpsChief wrote:

You will not improve this game by counter-logical rules...
Code it don't ROE it.
"roger that!"

it will never cease to surprise me that this stuff actually needs to be said... the new ROE just seems to be a response to the countless kiddies that can't play and so everything that everyone else does is "cheater!'. besides, regarding possible resets and bans that aren't for actual hacks - way to punish the consumer/player for things (i.e. possible behaviours) that are "in the game", as the EA tag line goes. Really, apart from fighting hacks, the only that needs to be done is to scrap the awards. Just keep the other stats - the only things that really matter if you care about the game is K/Dr, team point breakdowns, time in catergory, and individual weapon accuracies.
OpsChief
+101|6721|Southern California
ty lol

as to awards and stats all I care about are roadkills and PKM aircraft kills

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard