-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
EE chats was temporarily turned into a DS&T thread during the discussion of a possible war between North and South Korea. Due to current tension I think it would be nice to have a thread to discuss the issues between these two nations.

The first thing I would like to talk about is: Will there be a war between the two again?

Here's an interesting article about the current tensions.

Foxnews article

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2010-05-25 10:28:26)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
Yes over starcraft 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I think they should fight a war via Starcraft.
NAthANSmitt
Stud
+4|6099
South Korea should move their goddamn capital. There is half their problem gone right there. I do realize this is easier said than done though.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
This is DS&T
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

NAthANSmitt wrote:

South Korea should move their goddamn capital. There is half their problem gone right there. I do realize this is easier said than done though.
Not going to bring their dead sailors back, tbh.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
They should make a foreign legion, koreans are nails.
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
They're already at war, I thought they still fired shots at each other?

but if theres a war, SK are fucked. who would China back?

Last edited by Kez (2010-05-25 11:34:56)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
it doesn't matter because the marines will come in and kill all those gook bastards, right shifty?

get the fuck out.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Id love to see it when people from north korea and south korea meet in videogames...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

jord wrote:

Id love to see it when people from north korea and south korea meet in videogames...
North Korea just invented Pong for the Atari.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Kez wrote:

They're already at war, I thought they still fired shots at each other?

but if theres a war, SK are fucked. who would China back?
Probably SK at this point.
Commie Killer
+192|6357
No, there will be no war. South Korea won't start anything because their capital will be destroyed, economy ruined by the massive influx of North Koreans escaping. North won't start anything cause they have a good thing going here, Kims getting rich.

If you want to look at it as if war did break out, it would be horrific, North Korea is still using fucking T-62's as their MBT for christs sake. Air Force is a joke, air defense force is similar, Navy is pointless to even talk about. Only advantage the DPRK has is terrain, makes massive movement of armored vehicles difficult. Still, 4 weeks at most till SK is up at the Yalu, or as far as the US lets em go(don't want to provoke China now)..
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Commie Killer wrote:

(don't want to provoke China now)..
who says the PRC wouldn't roll first, just to keep Coalition forces from getting anywhere near close . . .
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA
I'm not concerned about North Korea military, what I am concerned at is what China will do.  I don't think they want a Unified Korea on their border and will aid the North Koreans.  Whether they actually join the attack, well that'll be the start of WWIII.

The question is who will start it.  Remember they are officially still at war.  The Armistice they signed over 50 years ago agreeds to stop hostilities, not the war.

If North Korea attacks first then China is less likely to join the war.  But will once the North Koreans get their ass handed to them.

https://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1768/3565759415f5b0beed7e.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

If you're gonna make an official topic in D&ST, at least make sure the title is grammatically correct.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
Put simply, if NK goes to war, America AND China have to follow through. American then entails dragging the UK and Germany through at the very least. NK is not believed to have nuclear missile technology, however they do have enough arty pieces zero'd on Seoul to annihilate the place within an hour. This is simple posturing, and both sides are at a stalemate. On SK's side, half their allies simply cannot afford another war, and on NKs side a war would mean literal obliteration.

tl'dr, stop making shit threads.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

I think if nK and SK start fighting, they'll be on their own and it'll be a short fight. Neither the US nor PRC want any part of this. PRC wants everyone to calm down (including--especially--nK). SK won't do anything except economic sanctions and UNSC complaints.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
The RoK Army would get roflstomped and 2ID would be nothing more than a speedbump

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-05-25 19:55:19)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

JohnG@lt wrote:

The RoK Army would get roflstomped and 2ID would be nothing more than a speedbump
Maybe. Those guys have been eating twigs and dirt for the past several years. Who knows what they're actually capable of?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom

JohnG@lt wrote:

this
Tu Stultus Es
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669
Why do you guys say that?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Harmor wrote:

https://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1768/3565759415f5b0beed7e.jpg
Is that opium haze in the background?

Harmor wrote:

I'm not concerned about North Korea military, what I am concerned at is what China will do.  I don't think they want a Unified Korea on their border and will aid the North Koreans.  Whether they actually join the attack, well that'll be the start of WWIII.
Doubt it. The Chinese don't want WW3 any more than we do.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-05-25 21:06:46)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
Nothings going to happen. I doubt NK military is that good as well lel.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

JohnG@lt wrote:

Don't know about that. South Korea is very militarized as well (obviously not ridiculously so).

More worried about the vast masses of artillery pointing in one direction on the 38th parallel tbh.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard