Poll

will there evr b a bfgame that tops the numbers and experience of bf2?

yes13%13% - 15
no32%32% - 37
REALLY , really hope so , but not so sure52%52% - 59
fuck bf2 , I don't belong here1%1% - 2
Total: 113
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

tuckergustav wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

I think BF3 would be cool if they included civilians in multiplayer games, and if anyone kills you they get neg points, but you can still kill people with stones and punches.

Basically like a normal Battlefield version of PR civilians. Maybe I don't know if that would work out or not lol
lol....then you have servers full of civilians running around and nothing but neg points...how fun.
reminds me of how I trolled practically the entire opfor team on PR into being civvies and going angry mob style on US soldiers.

Was epic, especially after we ran one over with a car and thus the entire mob got shot up by a humvee.

the gunner had negative 50 something points.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone

someone once wrote:

No.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
It's impossible for any BF game to ever to top BF2 now because thanks to the fuckin piece of shit consoles, it'll never be a uniquely PC game again.  You can say that BC2 was still good but obviously not anywhere near good enough to top BF2 in the sheer amount of interest and gaming hours put into it.

It's such bullshit but there's nothing anyone can do about it.
Longbow
+163|6617|Odessa, Ukraine
Well, I guess we are doomed to play crossplatform games, since they make 3x more profit. No chance such a publisher like EA will ever make PC exclusives again
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Longbow wrote:

Well, I guess we are doomed to play crossplatform games, since they make 3x more profit. No chance such a publisher like EA will ever make PC exclusives again
Well, with the exceptions of RPG games like World Of Warcraft or casual games like Farmville.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I voted no. DICE these days simply don't have it in them. I don't know what happened to them but they seem to have no idea how to make a good BF game anymore.
Sadly, this.

I think they're going to want to stick to their console formula, and that means 'no prone' because it 'slows down the game.'

Along with that, there will be other features like small servers, low vehicle count and kits that make no fucking sense, like starting a medic with an LMG.

e: I've recently taken up BF2 again, and am thinking of dabbling in 2142 until I unlock everything there.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I voted no. DICE these days simply don't have it in them. I don't know what happened to them but they seem to have no idea how to make a good BF game anymore.
Sadly, this.

I think they're going to want to stick to their console formula, and that means 'no prone' because it 'slows down the game.'

Along with that, there will be other features like small servers, low vehicle count and kits that make no fucking sense, like starting a medic with an LMG.

e: I've recently taken up BF2 again, and am thinking of dabbling in 2142 until I unlock everything there.
It is really so retarded that game developers apparantly think that prone slows down the game, since BF2 was such a FAST paced game..

And I really do hope another BF2 will come around, a game with so much diversity in infantry, vehicles, maps and guns, the same addictiveness but with better hitreg, better graphics and which is completely designed for the PC.

But that probably won't happen anytime soon, unless for some reason all consoles suddenly disappear of the face of the earth. (Which would also make me a sad panda because then I'd just be stuck with a shitload of PS3 games that I can't play )

Last edited by RDMC (2011-01-09 07:17:46)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

RDMC wrote:

And I really do hope another BF2 will come around, a game with so much diversity in infantry, vehicles, maps and guns, the same addictiveness but with better hitreg, better graphics and which is completely designed for the PC.
Those things you mentioned are indeed the things that made BF2 so great.

In fact, I believe that DICE already made the biggest mistake when they cut the 64-player map versions in the EF maps Great Wall and Taraba Quarry. Same goes for AF's Road Rage.
Actually, you could argue that it even started when they ditched the promised 128 player support.

The bad hit-reg IMO was unfortunately caused by the stupid patching that was outsourced to DICE Canada, then brought back to Sweden after the take-over by EA, which had DICE Canada closed down. Too many cooks spoil the broth...

The only game on par with BF2 (and even better in some aspects) is BF2142, but with it's futuristic style it certainly isn't the most popular in the series.
BF2142 was the last truly good Battlefield game on the PC and I have a hunch that it'll stay that way until something major changes in the gaming industry and/or console hardware.

BFBC2 is a good game (compared to other war-themed FPS series) and has many new features that are an improvement over BF2/2142, but at the same time, cross-platform production has reduced or straight-out removed and mutilated so many good and proven features from older games.

And the lack of a prone option is definitely the most harmless compared to, for example, commander/squad leader structure, proper communication options or selective fire.
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6572
they should do what they did to counter strike
it was too good of a game
so they just made everything more shiny
in source
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51

globefish23 wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Those things you mentioned are indeed the things that made BF2 so great.

In fact, I believe that DICE already made the biggest mistake when they cut the 64-player map versions in the EF maps Great Wall and Taraba Quarry. Same goes for AF's Road Rage.
Actually, you could argue that it even started when they ditched the promised 128 player support.

The bad hit-reg IMO was unfortunately caused by the stupid patching that was outsourced to DICE Canada, then brought back to Sweden after the take-over by EA, which had DICE Canada closed down. Too many cooks spoil the broth...

The only game on par with BF2 (and even better in some aspects) is BF2142, but with it's futuristic style it certainly isn't the most popular in the series.
BF2142 was the last truly good Battlefield game on the PC and I have a hunch that it'll stay that way until something major changes in the gaming industry and/or console hardware.

BFBC2 is a good game (compared to other war-themed FPS series) and has many new features that are an improvement over BF2/2142, but at the same time, cross-platform production has reduced or straight-out removed and mutilated so many good and proven features from older games.

And the lack of a prone option is definitely the most harmless compared to, for example, commander/squad leader structure, proper communication options or selective fire.
I never really bothered much with 64 players so for me playing EF/AF with 32 players was more than enough for me. Though 64 player servers did have something chaotic about them that just made it fun to play it anyway. But that is not even the issue in modern games, problem for me is that they focus way too much on shiney shitty awards, useless customizable soldiers and what not. For me it was perfectly fine to just have 6 standard classes...
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

RDMC wrote:

I never really bothered much with 64 players so for me playing EF/AF with 32 players was more than enough for me. Though 64 player servers did have something chaotic about them that just made it fun to play it anyway. But that is not even the issue in modern games, problem for me is that they focus way too much on shiney shitty awards, useless customizable soldiers and what not. For me it was perfectly fine to just have 6 standard classes...
The problem is, they still allowed for 64 players in those maps, just didn't provide a larger map with additional spawn points.
IMO, that reduced them to choke point massacres and spawn killing.

But yes, nowadays too much focus on customization seems to be the newest trend.
Although, I think that the dual unlock tree for each class in BF2142 was much better than the single one in BFBC2.
Also, the class loadouts were at their pinnacle back then, with medic and support still having their proper weapons.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
The customisation in BF2 was perfect. You did your job and you had 3 weapons to choose from. No shity power ups or useless crap
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Adams_BJ wrote:

The customisation in BF2 was perfect. You did your job and you had 3 weapons to choose from. No shity power ups or useless crap
THIS.
xxCaptainBlackxx
♥♦♣♠♥♦♣
+47|6614|internet
Bf2 is better only because:

1)Bf2 was the first game (i think) that used the ranking system (in bf series it is)
2)everyone was waiting for it to come out,since 1942(dc-mod) was released
3)it was considered back then,to be an awesomely looking game
4) ??? 64 player battles,huge environments,vehicles,guns e.t.c.

Now there's nothing new...just better looking games..everyone get used to ranks,vehicles,guns,we got it all now,in all games...

if someone never played bf2,their opinions about this game will be negative,since bf2 has a lot of issues,which we (veterans )solved,learned and perfected
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

xxCaptainBlackxx wrote:

Now there's nothing new
You're right!
The last new improvement in the Battlefield series was the Destruction 1.0 in BFBC1.
Well, and maybe the targeting dart gun in BFBC2.

Everything else, weapons, class loadouts, unlock trees, etc. has been available in previous games.
Longbow
+163|6617|Odessa, Ukraine

globefish23 wrote:

You're right!
The last new improvement in the Battlefield series was the Destruction 1.0 in BFBC1.

Everything else, weapons, class loadouts, unlock trees, etc. has been available in previous games.
Well there are a few minor improvements like better class/weapon customization, vehicle unlocks etc. but overall they dumped way more features in BC1/2 than they intoruced in previous games (eg. 2/2142)
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Longbow wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

You're right!

Well there are a few minor improvements like better class/weapon customization, vehicle unlocks etc. but overall they dumped way more features in BC1/2 than they intoruced in previous games (eg. 2/2142)
I think BF2142 unlock system with two parallel trees is better than the linear one in BFBC2.
The introduction of all-class weapon unlocks and pistols is good though.
Buckiller
+3|4775

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

THIS.
+1

Also, I WANT the matches to potentially last for a long time (like BF2).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard