lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

ruisleipa wrote:

lowing wrote:

what part is funny? The fact that I speak the truth or the fact that this truth reflects us all, and I just have the lack PC to actually admit it?

Or is this where you tell me you have lost sleep, or decided not to go out drinking or to a party because someone half a world away got raped, and you are preoccupied with empathizing or sympathizing? How many plans have you altered because you were sooooooo distressed over someones misfortune that you do not even know?................Yeah I thought so.
you. you're funny. as in, cannot be taken seriously.

dunno what you're going on about in your second para tbh.
go figure

No one has empathy for anyone else, in reality. The only ones that put their money where their mouth is are doctors, nurses, cops, firemen, EMT's etc.....Heros that actually put others before themselves. As for everyone else, talk is cheap.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5253|Cleveland, Ohio

ruisleipa wrote:

nobody really takes you srsly tbh....accept the anti lowing crowd.  but, dont be fooled.  they only agree with you cause of that.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

I didn't assert than everyone with capitalistic success are greedy and lacks empathy ... there are capitalists that have a concience but they are few ... if you read back you will also see that I didn't call you a greedy monster, I know your lifestyle is pretty similar to my own ...

It was the principles I described and used myself as one example as I believe I fit in the category that hold human beings higher than material goods ...

On the other hand, and correct me if I'm wrong, you seem to defend a system that produces charity cases and then you give to charity ... that is kinda backwards in my opinion ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

11 Bravo wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

nobody really takes you srsly tbh....accept the anti lowing crowd.  but, dont be fooled.  they only agree with you cause of that.
There is an anti lowing crowd isn't there, all the personal hate and insults in an internet forum that I read , and I am the one being accused of being angry and bitter.

I love the irony.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6732

11 Bravo wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

fucking exactly...
Love is the answer
Varegg
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

11 Bravo wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Can only speak for myself of course but I most certainly don't hate lowing and I'm not member of an anti-lowing group, I seldom agree with him but that is based on my opinion vs his opinions and not because it is him by default ... I have actually agreed with him on some issues, partly agreed with him on others and he is one of the few members on this forum I would much like to have a beer with IRL ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
11 Bravo
Banned
well, take a look again.  you rarely agree and typically only pop up in threads he is in...usually a little after the euro goons have piled on him.  so.....
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Varegg wrote:

I didn't assert than everyone with capitalistic success are greedy and lacks empathy ... there are capitalists that have a concience but they are few ... if you read back you will also see that I didn't call you a greedy monster, I know your lifestyle is pretty similar to my own ...

It was the principles I described and used myself as one example as I believe I fit in the category that hold human beings higher than material goods ...

On the other hand, and correct me if I'm wrong, you seem to defend a system that produces charity cases and then you give to charity ... that is kinda backwards in my opinion ...
When we are done "talking", and all the layers have been peeled away, we spend our time concentrating on OUR family, OUR jobs, OUR financial situations, OUR lives. We have little time to worry about the genocide in Africa, or the flood victims in New Orleans ( 7 years laters )
I watch the news and say wow, that is fucked up, get in my car and drive to work to pad my bank account. I doubt you are different.

I defend a system that allows an individual the right to exercise free will. I defend a system that affords all of us the opportunity to succeed or fail based on what we decide for ourselves.

If that is not reason enough, consider the fact that you have built your life in the very capitlist society that you now condemn, who is worse. You can live the lie of you so choose but the fact is you are a capitalist.
Varegg
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

11 Bravo wrote:

well, take a look again.  you rarely agree and typically only pop up in threads he is in...usually a little after the euro goons have piled on him.  so.....
Yes I rarely agree but not because it's lowing but because of what is written ... I post in many threads that lowing doesn't post in and I also does not post in every thread he post in ...

So look again ... you only see what you want to see apparently ...
11 Bravo
Banned
nah....

typically also an anti american slant also.  you prolly think ruis doesnt do that either.  i see what i see.  correct.

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-05-19 03:55:37)

Varegg
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

When we are done "talking", and all the layers have been peeled away, we spend our time concentrating on OUR family, OUR jobs, OUR financial situations, OUR lives. We have little time to worry about the genocide in Africa, or the flood victims in New Orleans ( 7 years laters )
I watch the news and say wow, that is fucked up, get in my car and drive to work to pad my bank account. I doubt you are different.

I defend a system that allows an individual the right to exercise free will. I defend a system that affords all of us the opportunity to succeed or fail based on what we decide for ourselves.

If that is not reason enough, consider the fact that you have built your life in the very capitlist society that you now condemn, who is worse. You can live the lie of you so choose but the fact is you are a capitalist.
I'm a kind of a capitalist yes but you fail to acknowledge that we have two entirely different capitalistic systems in Norway and the US ... you are a product of your system and I'm a product of my system ...

And while you watch the news and say wow this is fucked up I try to understand why it is fucked up and what could be done to prevent it from happening again ...

So yes we are pretty much the same but still different in many ways ...
Varegg
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

11 Bravo wrote:

nah....

typically also an anti american slant also.  you prolly think ruis doesnt do that either.  i see what i see.  correct.
Nu uh ... I'm not anti american at all, I actually am less anti american than many of the americans on this forum ... I critisize some aspects of american policy but I like others and I have american friends ... one in particular a very good and close friend ...

When it comes to ruis I agree with him on some issues and disagree on others just like I do with most members on this forum, some have more extreme views and opinions and others fail to have their own opinion at all ...

I comment on a post by post basis not particularly obsessed by who wrote the post ... the content is what is important to me ...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

I'm a kind of a capitalist yes but you fail to acknowledge that we have two entirely different capitalistic systems in Norway and the US ... you are a product of your system and I'm a product of my system ...

And while you watch the news and say wow this is fucked up I try to understand why it is fucked up and what could be done to prevent it from happening again ...

So yes we are pretty much the same but still different in many ways ...
No, the difference would come into play if you acted on your thoughts as to what "could be done to prevent it from happening again"... From what I can tell, just like most of us, it stops at the thought and the action never really materializes.

As I said, when all of layers are peeled away it is the same thing, you go to work for  YOURSELF, for YOUR FAMILY and for YOUR FINANCES. You do not do it for the people of Africa which does not affect your dail life whatsoever. In short, you are not empathetic although you want to claim you are.
Varegg
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

Then you clearly don't know what emphatic means ...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS
I had to, sorry.

Last edited by Spark (2010-05-19 04:39:11)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Varegg wrote:

Yup I do, and I still maintain, you are not doing or thinking or feeling anything other than a glancing blow of awareness to any problems others are facing as you navigate and weave your way through the trials and tribulations of your own life in our little capitalist society.

Last edited by lowing (2010-05-19 04:45:11)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5194|Sydney
Vicariously I live while the whole world dies.
Varegg
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Yup I do, and I still maintain, you are not doing or thinking or feeling anything other than a glancing blow of awareness to any problems others are facing as you navigate and weave your way through the trials and tribulations of your own life in our little capitalist society.
Clearly I do quite the opposite of what you describe ...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Can't call you a liar because I don't know, but  I seriously doubt you have put much energy into solving world hunger, or even bringing a homeless man to your home for a hot shower and a hot meal.
Varegg
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Can't call you a liar because I don't know, but  I seriously doubt you have put much energy into solving world hunger, or even bringing a homeless man to your home for a hot shower and a hot meal.
Then you clearly doesn't know what emphaty means ...
Jaekus
+957|5194|Sydney
Funny how people confuse empathy with charity, when they're clearly so fucking different.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Then you clearly doesn't know what emphaty means ...
If you truly empathized with the homeless man, you would shelter him and feed him.....I am betting you don't. Talk is cheap, and so is empathy.
Jaekus
+957|5194|Sydney

Jaekus wrote:

Funny how people confuse empathy with charity, when they're clearly so fucking different.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Jaekus wrote:

Yup charity is action, empathy is cheap talk. If you empathized, truly empathized with a person, you would help, IE charity. (Give a homeless man a hot shower and meal). There is more to pity than just saying you have pity. This is the basis of my entire argument. Talk is cheap
Jaekus
+957|5194|Sydney

lowing wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Yup charity is action, empathy is cheap talk. If you empathized, truly empathized with a person, you would help, IE charity. (Give a homeless man a hot shower and meal). There is more to pity than just saying you have pity. This is the basis of my entire argument. Talk is cheap
No wonder you don't have much of a clue then.

I can empathise with people who have lost someone dear to them from a brain tumour. Doesn't mean I'm going to become a neurosurgeon to prove it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard