Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5195|Sydney
I'm sorry you still don't want to understand.
Empathy is understanding an emotion or emotions. You cannot fully understand anyone because you haven't lived their entire life as they have, but you can understand people on all manner of different levels. Empathy is an understanding. Just like people are bilingual and even people understand their native tongue to varying degrees compared to others, the ability to empathise takes on many degrees and levels. What you're purporting here is akin to saying trying to talk to someone in French is "cheap talk" unless you have a post-grad in French, lived in France and have French lineage, and anything less is simply saying you have no understanding of the French language at all.

Please do some research when you choose to enter these debates. As it is you have a number of people telling you the same information and you're just communicating your lack of understanding as an argument with every post. This section is for discussion on these topics, not to present ignorant views as fact.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Jaekus wrote:

I'm sorry you still don't want to understand.
Empathy is understanding an emotion or emotions. You cannot fully understand anyone because you haven't lived their entire life as they have, but you can understand people on all manner of different levels. Empathy is an understanding. Just like people are bilingual and even people understand their native tongue to varying degrees compared to others, the ability to empathise takes on many degrees and levels. What you're purporting here is akin to saying trying to talk to someone in French is "cheap talk" unless you have a post-grad in French, lived in France and have French lineage, and anything less is simply saying you have no understanding of the French language at all.

Please do some research when you choose to enter these debates. As it is you have a number of people telling you the same information and you're just communicating your lack of understanding as an argument with every post. This section is for discussion on these topics, not to present ignorant views as fact.
That is right empathy is understanding ( comprehending, relating to) an emotion or emotions. So tell me, how do suppose you can understand ( comprehend, relate to ) and emotion or emotions you have never experienced? You used colors before as an example, if you have never experienced the color green how the hell are you supposed to understand ( comprehend relate to) the color green?

For whatever reason you now choose a different language as an analogy to empathy. Ok lets tear this apart as well. IF you have learned enough to communicate the words you wish to express or understand ( comprehend relate to) then you have successfully communicated, you did not pretend to communicate you did in fact understand and comprehend that exchange. No tricks, no cheap talk. If you try to communicate and all you wind up doing is nodding your head yes to whatever question was asked of you without comprehending the question, you did not communicate jack shit, although the person you just nodded yes to might have thought you did and walked away satisfied.

It is the same thing with your version of empathy ( the bullshit version), you nod yes, without really understanding jack shit because you have no idea what he is talking about. He might think you do, based on your "training" and he might walk away satisfied, but this does not mean you really understood( comprehended him or related to) him. Congratulations!! You just baffled him with bullshit instead of dazzled him with brilliance!! My hero!!

Last edited by lowing (2010-05-29 07:59:55)

Jaekus
+957|5195|Sydney
I see. Once again you continue to project your opinion without reading what I've read.
For some reason true accounts as simple examples just slip you by without a passing glance.
You still don't seem to know what one of my jobs is despite me explaining it twice in this thread, and suggesting you could read to discover you're projecting incorrectly. But you seem to like being wrong.

Try reading what people post, and again, for emphasis, maybe you should learn a bit about these topics before posting in them. We can't take you seriously when you're not ready to contribute in a meaningful manner, sorry. I've explained this many times now, but you still don't seem to understand.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Jaekus wrote:

I see. Once again you continue to project your opinion without reading what I've read.
For some reason true accounts as simple examples just slip you by without a passing glance.
You still don't seem to know what one of my jobs is despite me explaining it twice in this thread, and suggesting you could read to discover you're projecting incorrectly. But you seem to like being wrong.

Try reading what people post, and again, for emphasis, maybe you should learn a bit about these topics before posting in them. We can't take you seriously when you're not ready to contribute in a meaningful manner, sorry. I've explained this many times now, but you still don't seem to understand.
Nice dodge, I am starting to really like the dismissals and digs without addressing anything or countering anything.

I read every post, including the sources provided, I walk away form those sources with the impression that the main difference between empathy and sympathy ) (and in your case bullshit for money) is emotion you can relate to, and share and understand, versus feeling sorry for someone without really relating to their plight, they hurt so you show concern for them without giving up anything of yourself in the process.

Already told ya I am not going to go back and search for your line of bullshit, if you want ot tell me you will, if you refuse, I will just with what you lead me to believe, and your "training" in empathic abilities.
Jaekus
+957|5195|Sydney
Oh lowing, please read some sources. I'm giving you tidbits and explaining some psychological elements of empathy. You can continue to hold your line of discussion but until you're ready to contribute, it's pretty much worthless at this point.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Jaekus wrote:

Oh lowing, please read some sources. I'm giving you tidbits and explaining some psychological elements of empathy. You can continue to hold your line of discussion but until you're ready to contribute, it's pretty much worthless at this point.
No what has been worthless is you trying to compare languages to empathy, and you trying to convince me that you really know how someone feels when you really have no idea how someone feels.

You used color as an analogy, it got shot full of holes,

you use a different language as an analogy same thing.

How about you stop with the dodges and the analogies and just admit, when you are talking with someone, and you have never experienced the emotion they are conveying, that you can not comprehend that emotion and can not relate to that emotion, regardless of whatever line of bullshit you tell them or are trained to tell them?

Do you really need training to show empathy? Admitting this pretty much exposed you as a fraud in regards of your empathies.

Last edited by lowing (2010-05-29 08:29:03)

Jaekus
+957|5195|Sydney
You can continue to argue if you wish, but again you don't know what you're talking about. In future I'd suggest you stick to topics you understand so you don't appear as foolish as you do now.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Jaekus wrote:

You can continue to argue if you wish, but again you don't know what you're talking about. In future I'd suggest you stick to topics you understand so you don't appear as foolish as you do now.
and you can continue to convince yourself, you can empathize with emotion and experiences you know absolutely nothing about. Worse yet, you will continue to get paid for it. You also can continue to ignore points made against your bullshit.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5275|foggy bottom

lowing wrote:

You also can continue to ignore points made against your bullshit.
lol.  youre an expert at that.
Tu Stultus Es
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

eleven bravo wrote:

lowing wrote:

actually if you read, I have stuck to the OP pretty well. Your posts such as these put you in the same class of ruis. Enjoy the company.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5275|foggy bottom

lowing wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

lowing wrote:

actually if you read, I have stuck to the OP pretty well. Your posts such as these put you in the same class of ruis. Enjoy the company.
lowing, Ive told you that before.  think of something original.
Tu Stultus Es
Jaekus
+957|5195|Sydney

lowing wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

and you can continue to convince yourself, you can empathize with emotion and experiences you know absolutely nothing about. Worse yet, you will continue to get paid for it. You also can continue to ignore points made against your bullshit.
Oh you've shown a lot of expertise on the subject of not understanding at all.
Kept to the point of the OP lol, you can't even understand what the word means, even though it's been explained to you a hundred times. A child of 10 could do better than this.

Please, you're not contributing anything to this thread other than ignorance, and if you'd care to heed some advice I'd suggest you leave unless you enjoy embarrassing yourself immensely.
rdx-fx
+955|6607
Lowing and Ruisleipa going at it, with a new Aussie redshirt thrown in as bait?

Oh, hell.. we could be here a while.

[/popcorn]
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6015|Vortex Ring State

rdx-fx wrote:

[/popcorn]
oh yes we can, want some coke?

I empathize with your willingness not to participate in this debate.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Jaekus wrote:

lowing wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Oh you've shown a lot of expertise on the subject of not understanding at all.
Kept to the point of the OP lol, you can't even understand what the word means, even though it's been explained to you a hundred times. A child of 10 could do better than this.

Please, you're not contributing anything to this thread other than ignorance, and if you'd care to heed some advice I'd suggest you leave unless you enjoy embarrassing yourself immensely.
I am not the one that claims you can be trained to be empathetic. I think of it being something a little more sincere than that. Like truth maybe.

But hey, whatever. Can you at least tell me where ya work, so if I ever need help I can know where not to seek it? I don't think I would need paid for empathy, but sincere empathy. Thanks buddy.
Jaekus
+957|5195|Sydney
No, you still don't get it. I was referring to training and empathy is used in conversation to describe how people interact with others, and how we naturally do this in our workplace. I've mentioned this before but once again, you need to perhaps read a bit more on this topic before you'll be ready to constructively contribute to this discussion. Thanks.
ruisleipa
+149|6238|teh FIN-land

rdx-fx wrote:

[/popcorn]
stfu I'm keeping out of this thread. Had enough of lowing being a twat.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard