unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

CapnNismo wrote:

Responsible marijuana?
Oxymoron.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-05-16 17:04:21)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6124|eXtreme to the maX

ATG wrote:

I try to avoid mexican reefer as it is heavy with insecticides and they dont use organic fertilizer.
Its not that you mind funding mayhem and death then?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6566|San Diego, CA, USA
Marijuana is more of a carcinogenic than tobacco.  Funny how Liberals conveniently forget that.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5277|foggy bottom
and yet there are stidies that show cannabnoids help reduce the risk of cancer.  you sure youre not thinking of tar?
Tu Stultus Es
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6566|San Diego, CA, USA

eleven bravo wrote:

and yet there are stidies that show cannabnoids help reduce the risk of cancer.  you sure youre not thinking of tar?
So lets find out the active ingredients and use that for medicine.  My point is that we shouldn't smoke it raw.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5277|foggy bottom
no i think your point had something to do with liberals and cancer. try again.
Tu Stultus Es
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6423|North Carolina

Harmor wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

So lets find out the active ingredients and use that for medicine.  My point is that we shouldn't smoke it raw.
Well, smoking anything is going to be mostly bad for you, but freedom of choice should apply here.

Legalizing and regulating pot will free up a lot of law enforcement resources to focus on more serious issues.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Legalizing and regulating pot will free up a lot of law enforcement resources to focus on more serious issues.
Yawn.
They'll still have plenty of drug crime to deal with, as they do already.
They'll still be searching imports and immigrants for coke, crack, heroin etc so it won't make a blind bit of difference.
ruisleipa
+149|6240|teh FIN-land

Harmor wrote:

Marijuana is more of a carcinogenic than tobacco.  Funny how Liberals conveniently forget that.
hahahahahhahaaahaha oh man only the most retarded would try and make a connection between 'liberals' and the evils of carcinogenic weed. lmfao.

Dilbert is pretty fuckin liberal and he's no fan of weed - go ask him.

Oh and try reading before you believe the bullshit:

http://www.qmul.ac.uk/news/newsrelease.php?news_id=175

http://www.labnews.co.uk/news_archive.p … oys-cancer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7098340.stm
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6649|Finland

When I buy a T-Shirt, I rarely if at all think about where it's made of by whom. So I guess I'm not a responsible consumer at all. Ok, I feel slightly good about myself when I buy some yogurt that has "Carbon compensated" written on the side of the jar, but I didn't buy it because of it, but rather because it tastes good.

Now, when it comes to weed, I for one wouldn't buy without some knowledge about the origin. It's not because of not wanting to by accident support organized crime, it's rather because I want to know what I'm inhaling.

I want a certificate of origin with it if I'm not buying from a friend.

..if I smoked weed, that is.
I need around tree fiddy.
BLdw
+27|5189|M104 "Sombrero"

ruisleipa wrote:

Harmor wrote:

hahahahahhahaaahaha oh man only the most retarded would try and make a connection between 'liberals' and the evils of carcinogenic weed. lmfao.

Dilbert is pretty fuckin liberal and he's no fan of weed - go ask him.

Oh and try reading before you believe the bullshit:

http://www.qmul.ac.uk/news/newsrelease.php?news_id=175

http://www.labnews.co.uk/news_archive.p … oys-cancer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7098340.stm
Average pot smokers want weed that contains high amounts of THC and low amounts of CBD (CBD boosts some effects of THC, but it also decreases some other effects of it), this kind of weed yields better high-feelings. Medical weed contains high amounts of CBD and very little THC. CBD makes your body feel numb and mind dull, it works like a pain killer but it makes the user very, very tired. Too tired to actually feel anything because CBD is blocking everything, hence it's handy in medical use.
So, the weed average Joe grows or buys from his "dealer" is more likely to contain high amounts of THC and low amounts of CBD, or high levels of both THC and CBD.

In a nut shell: high levels of THC and low levels of CBD = energetic high, high levels of both THC and CBD = dream like state, very stoned, and rather tired at the end, low levels of THC and high levels of CBD = Numb, tired and dull (medical weed).

I find it funny when people say that weed is good for you because few articles say so. These tests are made with strong medical weed which happens to be a way different kind of weed that the weed bought from the street.

Also, both gmul and labnews-links show that people who wrote them had no idea what they were writing about. From those links, BBC-link is the only worthy link to read.

Last edited by BLdw (2010-05-17 03:45:10)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5196|Sydney
My main problem when smoking weed was buying hydroponic vs. bush grown.
Some growers use a lot of chemicals, and I doubt they worrying about withholding periods before harvest. Makes you wonder what you're inhaling.
Most of the bush grown stuff I ever got was grown with soil, sunlight and water, nothing else. Good to me, but wasn't as strong. But didn't give you headaches after smoking it for two days.
BLdw
+27|5189|M104 "Sombrero"

Cybargs wrote:

Actually there are a lot of active landmines near the thai-cambodia borders.

Shit nobody is forcing those people to work in those sweatshops, it's their fucking choice in life. Good luck enforcing child labour laws, helllllllllooooooooo underage prostitution.

Hell, at least sweatshops bring fucking development in Asia, that's why the entire continent is an economic powerhouse in the modern age. Later Asia will uplift their standards to that of the West. You gotta start development somewhere and it sure as hell isn't going to be from the government.
Yeah, there actually is shit load of landmines there. I find it ironical that those who spread them there haven't really bothered to offer their help to clean those landmines out of there. (I refer to Cambodia, mainly)

But I think you're living in utopia if you really think people have many other options to do than work in those shitty places. I know several families who said that they had everything better when they were able to work for their own food. They had very little money, but they had more food and free time. Now they have: still very little money, some food, very little free time, and very unhealthy conditions to work. These families have lost their lands via regulating/taxes/privatization of public lands, etc. and they have to go to work somewhere else for their living. Very often their only option is a very shitty option. It's not a matter of free will or how they can do as they please, they are cornered to do what they can do in order to survive.

Besides, it's difficult to believe that they give a shit about development in Asia if they can never benefit of it, but suffers from every inch of its other side.

Last edited by BLdw (2010-05-17 04:15:04)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6734

BLdw wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Actually there are a lot of active landmines near the thai-cambodia borders.

Shit nobody is forcing those people to work in those sweatshops, it's their fucking choice in life. Good luck enforcing child labour laws, helllllllllooooooooo underage prostitution.

Hell, at least sweatshops bring fucking development in Asia, that's why the entire continent is an economic powerhouse in the modern age. Later Asia will uplift their standards to that of the West. You gotta start development somewhere and it sure as hell isn't going to be from the government.
Yeah, there actually is shit load of landmines there. I find it ironical that those who spread them there haven't really bothered to offer their help to clean those landmines out of there. (I refer to Cambodia, mainly)

But I think you're living in utopia if you really think people have many other options to do than work in those shitty places. I know several families who said that they had everything better when they were able to work for their own food. They had very little money, but they had more food and free time. Now they have: still very little money, some food, very little free time, and very unhealthy conditions to work. These families have lost their lands via regulating/taxes/privatization of public lands, etc. and they have to go to work somewhere else for their living. Very often their only option is a very shitty option. It's not a matter of free will or how they can do as they please, they are cornered to do what they can do in order to survive.

Besides, it's difficult to believe that they give a shit about development in Asia if they can never benefit of it, but suffers from every inch of its other side.
You can ask any person in China if it's better today or a decade ago and they'd say today. Sure shitty working conditions suck but yeah what choice do most people have? You gotta do what you gotta do. Asia went from a place with cheap ass labour to a more high tech, industrialized economic powerhouse, big ass improvements if you ask me.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
jord
+2,382|6696|The North, beyond the wall.
I'm not particulalrly concerned about the origin of anything I buy, including mj
JahManRed
wank
+646|6646|IRELAND

CapnNismo wrote:

This a question pretty much for everyone, especially those that have experience with marijuana.

I've just finished watching CNBC's documentary "Marijuana, Inc." and some ideas/thoughts I've had for some time kinda resurfaced. As a consumer of any commercial product, we're always taught that our money can support or destroy communities around the world. For instance, when you buy clothes, your t-shirt that costs $30 might actually have a production cost of $3 and was made by a 10 year old girl in Bangladesh. Your $30 just went to support child labor.

Take the same question in regards to buying marijuana: Do you know where your weed comes from? Is it coming from a garden run by a Mexican cartel gang that is responsible for the deaths and mayhem along the US-Mexican border or is it coming from someone who has a low-key grow operation and isn't involved in any violent activities of any kind?

Serious discussion, folks.
Unless you want to be supporting criminality and be insured of the quality and source of your weed, you have to grow it yourself. Which makes you a producer and a bigger criminal than being simply a user. The sensible thing to do would be to allow the cultivation of a few plants per person and cut the gangs out of the loop.
Here in Northern Ireland, perhaps until recently. If you bought marijuana it will have come through the hands of a paramilitary group. Mostly likely the UDA or UVF. They they took that money and bought guns and bullets which are then used on your own people. That's why I never buy it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The sensible thing to do would be to allow the cultivation of a few plants per person and cut the gangs out of the loop.
Then everyone becomes a farmer for the gangs - thats the thing.
Jaekus
+957|5196|Sydney
Why would you farm for a gang when you can just grow your own?
Friends in Adelaide have told me it's almost laughed at to buy pot, because of the 3-5 plants per house thing.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jaekus wrote:

Why would you farm for a gang when you can just grow your own?
Friends in Adelaide have told me it's almost laughed at to buy pot, because of the 3-5 plants per house thing.
Because if the bikies tell you you're growing dope for them then you're growing dope for them.
And if not then people can make a hell of a lot of money out of it. If they get busted they claim its their personal stash.

There are growlabs being busted all the time here, 3-5 plants per house law or not. A friend of a friend works at ETSA, her full time job is checking electrical bills for spikes, the secondary role of the fire copter is looking for thermal signatures of labs.
Jaekus
+957|5196|Sydney
Yeah well if you're stupid enough to get caught up with bikies in the first place; it's not like they pick people at random, you have to make an active effort to associate yourself.

They do the electricity spikes detection in Tassie too, or so a few growers told me.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If you're growing and selling pretty sure the bikies will find you, or the Police, either way you're screwed.
ruisleipa
+149|6240|teh FIN-land

Dilbert_X wrote:

the secondary role of the fire copter is looking for thermal signatures of labs.
srsly?

what a fucking waste of time and money.
Jaekus
+957|5196|Sydney

Dilbert_X wrote:

If you're growing and selling pretty sure the bikies will find you, or the Police, either way you're screwed.
You'd be surprised how many don't get caught up in either.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

ruisleipa wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

the secondary role of the fire copter is looking for thermal signatures of labs.
srsly?

what a fucking waste of time and money.
Meh, they need their flying practice, and the labs are usually colossal fire hazards.
BLdw
+27|5189|M104 "Sombrero"

Cybargs wrote:

You can ask any person in China if it's better today or a decade ago and they'd say today. Sure shitty working conditions suck but yeah what choice do most people have? You gotta do what you gotta do. Asia went from a place with cheap ass labour to a more high tech, industrialized economic powerhouse, big ass improvements if you ask me.
For some reason I think I could find people saying how it's worse today than decade ago -- even though decade is a short time.

It shouldn't matter what choices people have now, what should matter is what choices people had in past. At the moment some people don't have another choice if they want to keep living... unless they want to be criminals. For me it would suck if I had no other choice than to work in a shitty shed with shitty salary and shitty work conditions. Frankly, I wouldn't give a shit about my country or human race if I couldn't live my life. Could you explain to me, what is the point of serving others for the sole purpose that "our country is an economic powerhouse"?

Besides, China is far from stable country despite of how booming their economy is now.

In the end, yeah, some big ass improvements if we ask you (or generally people who profit of what is happening now).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard