Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5132
Anthony Kyser didn't have money for the tubes of toothpaste he stuffed in his jacket before he walked out of a Little Village CVS store Saturday morning.

He paid with his life, instead.

Chased out of the store and down a litter-strewn alley shortly before 11 a.m., the 35-year-old unemployed barber was strangled to death by a CVS employee who had seen him shoplifting, officials said.

Witnesses said Kyser, of the 1400 block of South Hamlin, cried, "I can't breathe, I can't breathe!" as the CVS worker held him in a chokehold for what they thought was several minutes. Three other men attempted to restrain him in the alley behind the 2600 block of South Pulaski, the witnesses said.

The medical examiner ruled Kyser's death a homicide, saying an autopsy showed he had been strangled, but police said Sunday the employee who killed him won't be charged.

Police are treating the death as "accidental," Chicago Police spokesman Daniel O'Brien said.

That's a decision Kyser's outraged family can't understand.

"Why would you kill someone over toothpaste?" his ex-wife, Ann Balboa, said through tears Sunday.

"Why would you even chase them, and how is this not murder -- it doesn't make sense."

Kyser's family said that though he had served prison time for drug convictions and had a drug problem and "his ups and downs," nothing he had done came close to justifying his death.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2254 … 10.article
So should the CVS employee face charges or do you agree with the police that it was an accident?

Either way don't do the crime if you can't do the time
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5327|London, England
Charges for excessive force for sure. I doubt the guy meant to kill him, he probably just watched too much WWF as a kid

Choke holds are dangerous when used by people not trained in them. I can knock a guy out in 7 seconds with one but your average idiot MMA/WWE watcher would more than likely kill the person
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH
A female cop + an ex-convict = bad ending for someone

The CVS employee(s) were trying to sub-due the guy while she left the scene.....it should of never happened like this at all.
Now she is not mentioned in the official report, cover-up.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
THey ask why would you kill someone over toothpaste. I ask why would you risk your life over toothpaste?

I do love the families assertion, " oh sure he was a convict, and a drug addict, but he was such a good person". I don't think I will loose any sleep tonight.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Manslaughter. He didn't intend his death, but he was responsible for it all the same.
mikkel
+383|6571

lowing wrote:

THey ask why would you kill someone over toothpaste. I ask why would you risk your life over toothpaste?
You ask that because your sense of justice is warped. You do not risk your life stealing a tube of toothpaste any more than you risk your life taking a walk around the block. Meeting death as a consequence of either is wholly unreasonable.
why would the guy takes TUBES instead of a just a single tube if he really needed it?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

mikkel wrote:

lowing wrote:

You ask that because your sense of justice is warped. You do not risk your life stealing a tube of toothpaste any more than you risk your life taking a walk around the block. Meeting death as a consequence of either is wholly unreasonable.
Sorry, a convictied felon, and drug addict........More to the story than him being killed over toothpaste..

I never said it was justice, he never made it to justice.  When you commit a crime, there is a chance you might turn into the victim, the real price you pay for your criminal behavior. THe thing is, when you commit a crime, you stand a chance of fucking with someone more crazy than you are, and when you instigate the confrontation, and you loose, it is your problem.

Last edited by lowing (2010-05-10 14:26:45)

Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5132
Well he won't be needing the toothpaste where he is going.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

The OP missed some of the story.
They also said they want a full investigation into claims -- made by two witnesses to the Chicago Sun-Times -- that an off-duty Chicago cop was at the scene and had drawn her weapon on Kyser before he died.

Chicago Police say there is no reference to an off-duty officer in their report.

The witnesses, whose homes back onto the alley where Kyser died and who asked not to be identified, say the officer announced herself, pointed her weapon at a bleeding Kyser and told him to stop resisting the CVS employee and other men who were holding him down.

When he continued to struggle, she holstered her weapon, got in her car and made a phone call, the witnesses said.

Chicago Police spokesman John Mirabelli said Kyser was unconscious when officers arrived at the scene at 10:52 a.m. Police Lt. Maureen Biggane said the probe continues, adding that "we have no indication of CPD involvement." She said camera footage is being reviewed and urged witnesses to contact detectives.

Initially described as in "fair-to-serious" condition, Kyser was declared dead 45 minutes later at Mount Sinai Hospital, according to the medical examiner's office.

Staff at the store declined to comment Sunday, but CVS spokesman Michael DeAngelis said the company was investigating "the unfortunate incident involving a suspected shoplifter who fled our store."

The Independent Police Review Authority is not investigating, spokesman Curtis Tarver said.

There were 15 thefts in the 2600 block of South Pulaski in the first four months of 2010, statistics show. Witnesses said they have previously seen CVS employees tackle shoplifters.

Balboa says Kyser's family plans to sue. "He was a loving stepfather to my three sons," she said. "They've taken away my kids' pops, and you don't do that.

"They murdered him."
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6590|London, England
lol wtf at doing all that shit to the shoplifter, as much of a lack of empathy I have for the shoplifter, I'd also say the same to the guy that killed him.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

why would the guy takes TUBES instead of a just a single tube if he really needed it?
For street Cred.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Kmarion wrote:

They also said they want a full investigation into claims -- made by two witnesses to the Chicago Sun-Times -- that an off-duty Chicago cop was at the scene and had drawn her weapon on Kyser before he died.

Chicago Police say there is no reference to an off-duty officer in their report.

The witnesses, whose homes back onto the alley where Kyser died and who asked not to be identified, say the officer announced herself, pointed her weapon at a bleeding Kyser and told him to stop resisting the CVS employee and other men who were holding him down.

When he continued to struggle, she holstered her weapon, got in her car and made a phone call, the witnesses said.

Chicago Police spokesman John Mirabelli said Kyser was unconscious when officers arrived at the scene at 10:52 a.m. Police Lt. Maureen Biggane said the probe continues, adding that "we have no indication of CPD involvement." She said camera footage is being reviewed and urged witnesses to contact detectives.

Initially described as in "fair-to-serious" condition, Kyser was declared dead 45 minutes later at Mount Sinai Hospital, according to the medical examiner's office.

Staff at the store declined to comment Sunday, but CVS spokesman Michael DeAngelis said the company was investigating "the unfortunate incident involving a suspected shoplifter who fled our store."

The Independent Police Review Authority is not investigating, spokesman Curtis Tarver said.

There were 15 thefts in the 2600 block of South Pulaski in the first four months of 2010, statistics show. Witnesses said they have previously seen CVS employees tackle shoplifters.

Balboa says Kyser's family plans to sue. "He was a loving stepfather to my three sons," she said. "They've taken away my kids' pops, and you don't do that.

"They murdered him."
read nothing that makes a difference.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York
At my store, our company rules prohibit us from chasing shoplifters. I guess this is why.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD

Mekstizzle wrote:

lol wtf at doing all that shit to the shoplifter, as much of a lack of empathy I have for the shoplifter, I'd also say the same to the guy that killed him.
yeah I gotta say, shoplifting is low but stealing a tube of toothpaste shouldn't be a death sentence
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Id debate this but there's not much point, nobodys opinion changes...

Ill just say that I haven't cleaned my teeth since Wednesday and nobody has said anything!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

lowing wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

"They murdered him."
I gave you a couple hints. But you go ahead and hypothesize how I really feel. Jumping to conclusions is what you do best.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Kmarion wrote:

lowing wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I gave you a couple hints. But you go ahead and hypothesize how I really feel. Jumping to conclusions is what you do best.
I didn't "hypothesize" or "jump to any conclusions" about how YOU feel. I said clearly and concisely how I feel. Get over yourself.

a convicted felon and drug addict killed while committing a crime. and the problem is???

Last edited by lowing (2010-05-10 14:39:48)

jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
The problem is clearly the guy was strangled to death when he posed no threat to anyone, he was running away ffs. Aren't you lot all in love of trial and justice and courts?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

jord wrote:

The problem is clearly the guy was strangled to death when he posed no threat to anyone, he was running away ffs. Aren't you lot all in love of trial and justice and courts?
yup if they make it to trial....as I said, when you commit a crime you stand a real chance of fucking with someone crazier thn you. The lesson here is don't commit a crime. If this guy woulda just dropped the 1.25 on the counter, the CVS employee woulda rung it up and gave him his change...The felon chose, for himself, a different path. He must now live ( so to speak) with the consequences of his fucked up decisions.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
You don't stand a "real" chance, unless you live in America I guess...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

Vigilante justice over toothpaste. Somebody call Bruce Wayne.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

yeah I gotta say, shoplifting is low but stealing a tube of toothpaste shouldn't be a death sentence
The perp didn't get "sentenced" to death.  He suffered the consequences of what could happen when committing a crime, intentional/excessive or not.

Love the comment, "why would you chase them..."  So, it's ok to shoplift?

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-05-10 15:02:27)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

At my store, our company rules prohibit us from chasing shoplifters. I guess this is why.
It's prolly for your own safety also.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Kmarion wrote:

Vigilante justice over toothpaste. Somebody call Bruce Wayne.
No the victim fought back......................and won, as it should be.

What I would like to point out is, if the tables were turned and the CVS employee were killed, there would be none here, standing up for the employee. Instead the topic would be the criminals circumstances, his "unlucky", or "unfortunate" back ground, his environment, all trying to rationalize his actions, blaming anything else except the criminal. A crime is committed and the criminal and not the victim is dead...If death was to play out in this crime, the right guy died.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard