Poll

Should snipers in SF have a hook rather than a zip?

Yes76%76% - 171
No24%24% - 54
Total: 225
{FR}UNION
+1|6530
I think there should be a choice of secondary kit when you pick the primary. So i guess the answer to the question is yes.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6655
I vote for the ninja rope from Tenchu.
Delta_38DS
Self Proclaimed A10 Whore
+27|6565
Due to the item index numbers, you can only have a grappling hook or zip.  There are postives and negatives to having a zip, and postives and negatives for having a hook.  With the zip you can have a quick escape to lower buildings if someone is climbing up and get far away so he can't kill you with his gun.  With a hook, you can reach new hights and get a better view of the battlefield.  Both would be great. 

Null vote.

Last edited by Delta_38DS (2006-06-13 15:05:32)

masterHouse
Official Heckler & Koch ambassador
+8|6719|Veenendaal, The Netherlands
i think they need both
nerdcoredk
+0|6517

section9 wrote:

Yeticus Rex wrote:

Snipers should have....

BOTH!

MuWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
My sentiments exactly.
sounds good ill buy it
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6503|Houston, TX
Both!!!!
Schlusi=[GER]
+11|6523|4856 Karkand,Hellstreet 4

samfink wrote:

personally,I think they should have both. and as a matter of fact,spec ops would do better with a hook.the number of times I have been speco ps outside the palace compound and thought " if only I had a grappling hook,I could get over there and destroy the ememy commander assets". and as a matter of fact, why is support the only one without either? surely a grapple at least would be good for them?
Ok, it would be awesome! But I think the Sniper-class is to powerfull with this equip. Btw the zip is very usefull for a Spec Op... I zip so many times behind a tank
kingusjordanus
+16|6647|my dads balls

samfink wrote:

personally,I think they should have both. and as a matter of fact,spec ops would do better with a hook.the number of times I have been speco ps outside the palace compound and thought " if only I had a grappling hook,I could get over there and destroy the ememy commander assets". and as a matter of fact, why is support the only one without either? surely a grapple at least would be good for them?
have you ever played SF? support isnt the only one without either, medics, support, AND enigneers have neither, not just support.  but anway, i think they should be able to choose before spawning, and just get stuck with that one till they die.
Larsson
+2|6528|Hamburg, Germany
Hook.

I never understood why they gave this kit a zip line and the assault a hook.
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6586|Finland
Zip is better, cause when someone spotted u and u need to get away as quick u can.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
I think the other zip liner sould be the assualt.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6752|Chicago.
Hook FTW.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone
No. The only reason you want the hook is so you can get elevation so you can camp. This is not what you should be doing. The assualt class has the hook to scale walls and climb buildings to assualt flags or to get places via another route. The zipline is the snipers way to move through the map. You get to a high point and then the rest of the round you can move around from flag to flag without incountering enemy troops/tanks etc on the ground.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6350|Belfast
U FORGOT SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!
where is the neither or the both poll
*tut*
TuataraDude
+115|6524|Aotearoa
Why not let them have both? That way they can climb into sneaky areas, or zip line down onto balconies that the hook would not reach. Just a thought. I don't actually play sniper anymore so haven't really had a lot of time to consider which would be preferable.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6383|the land of bourbon

DrunkFace wrote:

No. The only reason you want the hook is so you can get elevation so you can camp. This is not what you should be doing. The assualt class has the hook to scale walls and climb buildings to assualt flags or to get places via another route. The zipline is the snipers way to move through the map. You get to a high point and then the rest of the round you can move around from flag to flag without incountering enemy troops/tanks etc on the ground.
agreed... the sniper zip is great in warlord, for keeping up with your squad and providing cover.  climb the tower between the tv station and mosque, then zip over to the roof of mosque, and you can cover 60% of the map from there.  you can watch the courtyard around the palace, the security office, and defend the mosque.  you can then zip right to the front door of the palace after your assault guys have climbed up to the balconies and stormed inside.

Last edited by steelie34 (2007-01-09 11:03:14)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6481|Trondheim, Norway
sniper gets hook, you've already said why...

anti-tank gets zip line, then you can fasten get to another roof if the tank(s) have spotted you, and maybe get all the way around them.
obstacle02
+3|6518

Schlusi=[GER] wrote:

Ok, it would be awesome! But I think the Sniper-class is to powerfull with this equip. Btw the zip is very usefull for a Spec Op... I zip so many times behind a tank
that's an incredibly good idea! i dont  know why i havent tried that one yet...
psH
Banned
+217|6385|Sydney

Ty wrote:

. We should be given a choice.
I think we have our winner!
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6691|England, GBR
They should have both and erm... nades taken off them to balance or something. Or just leave them with nades and give them both anyway.
kilgoretrout
+53|6471|Little Rock, AR

War Man wrote:

So sad Jer, so sad, you see you can't always rely on your teammates, so next time think before you post.
I think snipers have zip lines rather than hooks in an attempt to give people a reason to play as a proper squad.  One balanced squad in SF has everything you need to seriously turn the tide of a map, but one kit doesn't have everything you need.  I agree that snipers would be better with a hook, but I think it would make snipers a little unbalanced.  It's hard as hell to kill a sniper who uses a hook to get into the "condo-style" buildings, like the one across the street from the TV station in Warlord (that has all the balconies).  I think it's good that it's a semi-hard spot to get to and a sniper needs a teammate to help him get there.  If think if snipers had hooks, SF would just turn into stalemate sniper battles all the time and it would be really boring.

Also, it's way useless to argue over stuff like this because it's not going to change.  It's like arguing "I think the sun should be green tomorrow."
Knifey McStabstab
Don't lock my topic!
+32|6510|Indiana
No, don't take grenades. Take claymores and give both.
deathpunker
+1|6314
Should snipers in SF have a hook rather than a zip?

Yes 80% 80% - 127
No 19% 19% - 30
Total: 157

Hmm I'm with the 30 ....

my opinion on this is :

If snipers get a hook the game wouldn't be well balanced since there are so many building tops to get on and it would be getting impossible for ppl to spawn without getting an instant headshot however I wouldn't even prefer the hook myself since the zipline will get me to a lot of spots and most importantly it will get me there fast excellent for taking flags or getting to a building top that is lower then the other ( like in warlord the big tower )

And besides if snipers will get a hook there is no use of them being in a squad

Last edited by deathpunker (2007-01-15 08:11:04)

silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6424|San Antonio, TX

samfink wrote:

I agree, both kits should have both.  Especially the Spec Ops though.  Spec Op needs better access to enemy locations to destroy assets.  Also, get rid of the tear gas for the support and give them something better.  Make it a GL (not connected to the HMG).
doubleclutch16
+1|6314|THE LAND OF NOOBS
snipers need one all the time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard