Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6044|Vortex Ring State

FatherTed wrote:

SC4 was really no improvement on the core gameplay of 3000 unlimited. just shiny graphics, camera tools and robots.
what about zoning? If I'm thinking right, there was no zoning in SC3000.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6545|so randum

Trotskygrad wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

SC4 was really no improvement on the core gameplay of 3000 unlimited. just shiny graphics, camera tools and robots.
yup there was, 3 levels of zone per res/com/ind, and then one level zoning for the 3 specials (trash/seaport/airport)
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6044|Vortex Ring State

FatherTed wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

yup there was, 3 levels of zone per res/com/ind, and then one level zoning for the 3 specials (trash/seaport/airport)
Well I'm pretty sure they added High-Tech ind in SC4. Or I might be wrong again.

(I played SC3000 for like 2 hours. then I played SC4 (over the course of 3 years) for about a week)
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6545|so randum

Trotskygrad wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Well I'm pretty sure they added High-Tech ind in SC4. Or I might be wrong again.

(I played SC3000 for like 2 hours. then I played SC4 (over the course of 3 years) for about a week)
again, it was in 3000 . by taking the right incentives, tax levels and general state of the area you could encourage any zoned ind area to develop into high-tech.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6668|Little Bentcock
Mass Effect was a horrible game tbh.
Phrozenbot
+632|6661|do not disturb

FatherTed wrote:

again, it was in 3000 . by taking the right incentives, tax levels and general state of the area you could encourage any zoned ind area to develop into high-tech.
Indeed.

Trotskygrad wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

I can't believe you made the assumption Sim City 3000 had no zoning. Zoning has been in every Sim City game, including classic.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6388

ruisleipa wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Nordemus wrote:

It is the opinion of the majority.
Well, seems to be a different majority to the one I "heard" then.
The first one was lame, boring, repetitive overrated shite i'm afraid.

Second one is better if I'm honest.
Funny, cause I was under the impression the "majority" rated it the other way round?
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6568|...

Oldies but goodies - Warzone 2100
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6331|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Sisco10 wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Well, seems to be a different majority to the one I "heard" then.

Funny, cause I was under the impression the "majority" rated it the other way round?
https://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3430/me1es.jpg
https://img695.imageshack.us/img695/489/me1oc.jpg

I doubt 8000 people could all get it wrong... 9.1 average from 8k votes is a pretty good average tbh

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-05-13 04:39:26)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
ruisleipa
+149|6267|teh FIN-land

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3430/me1es.jpg
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/489/me1oc.jpg

I doubt 8000 people could all get it wrong... 9.1 average from 8k votes is a pretty good average tbh
a) IGN is full of shit and constantly wanks over anything bioware puts out, and if you read their review of ME1 ('best game ever' etc etc) and then play the game I don't see how you can fail to be disappointed.

b) The only way to find out is to play it innit? It's just my opinion. I thought ME1 was shallow and repetitive, with crappy roleplaying aspects dressed up in boring graphics, dozens of identical locations, endless elevator rides and crap voice acting, not to mention lame and predictable combat - worthy of a 5/10 at best.

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-05-13 05:16:47)

Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6042

ruisleipa wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

a) IGN is full of shit and constantly wanks over anything bioware puts out, and if you read their review of ME1 ('best game ever' etc etc) and then play the game I don't see how you can fail to be disappointed.

b) The only way to find out is to play it innit? It's just my opinion. I thought ME1 was shallow and repetitive, with crappy roleplaying aspects dressed up in boring graphics, dozens of identical locations, endless elevator rides and crap voice acting, not to mention lame and predictable combat - worthy of a 5/10 at best.
Lel, doubt all 8000 votes were from IGN staff.
ruisleipa
+149|6267|teh FIN-land

Nordemus wrote:

have you read an IGN message board recently? most of the readers of ign are knobs.
Adams_BJ
mass effect was a terrible game. shutup.
SamTheMan
­
+341|5186|Stoke, England
eve is shit
Adams_BJ
k
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6766|Ireland | Monaghan

Eve and Company Of Heroes have to be added to the list of must try atleast! (CoH is a must buy).
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
FloppY_
­

ruisleipa wrote:

Nordemus wrote:

have you read an IGN message board recently? most of the readers of ign are knobs.
It's the same on every review site tbh, score is >9/10

That means that you are amongst the minority who thinks the game is not completely awesome
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6787|FUCK UBISOFT

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

8000 people whose only RPG Shooter ever played is Mass Effect.

ITW: People have no experience with games, still think they know everything about them.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
ruisleipa
+149|6267|teh FIN-land

FloppY_ wrote:

That means that you are amongst the minority who thinks the game is not completely awesome
maybe I am but I don't care cos as far as I'm concerned I have awesome taste in everything, and if other people don't agree with me they're full of poop.

At least there's plenty around here that agree with me r.e. ME1
FloppY_
­

ruisleipa wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

maybe I am but I don't care cos as far as I'm concerned I have awesome taste in everything, and if other people don't agree with me they're full of poop.

At least there's plenty around here that agree with me r.e. ME1
Well then I think you should shut the fuck up and not comment on anything if all you are posting for is to create a pointless argument with most people...
ruisleipa
+149|6267|teh FIN-land

FloppY_ wrote:

Well then I think you should shut the fuck up and not comment on anything if all you are posting for is to create a pointless argument with most people...
sarcasm detector out of order much?

The whole OP and 99 per cent of posts on this board is people's opinion. I don't really care if people agree or not, but apprently quite a few DO agree with me. But I'm certainly not trying to start an argument, I just think having ME1 as a 'must play' is a fucking jokoe as there are at least 20 games better than ME1 by a country mile. Chillax yeah?!

Whats YOUR opinion on the OP anyway?
FloppY_
­

ruisleipa wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

sarcasm detector out of order much?

The whole OP and 99 per cent of posts on this board is people's opinion. I don't really care if people agree or not, but apprently quite a few DO agree with me. But I'm certainly not trying to start an argument, I just think having ME1 as a 'must play' is a fucking jokoe as there are at least 20 games better than ME1 by a country mile. Chillax yeah?!

Whats YOUR opinion on the OP anyway?
I am the OP

I only add titles I have played or most people agree to adding. e.g. tons of people like WoW or Starcraft but I can't stand them...
ruisleipa
+149|6267|teh FIN-land

FloppY_ wrote:

I am the OP

I only add titles I have played or most people agree to adding. e.g. tons of people like WoW or Starcraft but I can't stand them...
oh my apologies I didn't check who posted the OP.

but like I said I'm not trying to cause an argument, I'm just disagreeing that ME1 is in any way one of the best PC games ever. Like I said there at least 20 games that are much better than ME1...even 30 or more I would imagine. you didn't actually say why you thought it was good except that it's 'immersive', an opinion I entirely disagree with... You have games in your 'worth a try' list that are about 1000000 times better than ME1 (and 2 for that matter).

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-05-13 11:06:24)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6787|FUCK UBISOFT

I'm just curious ruisleipa, but what do you think the best PC games ever are?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
ruisleipa
+149|6267|teh FIN-land

Miggle wrote:

I'm just curious ruisleipa, but what do you think the best PC games ever are?
well I'd say that for longevity, originality (at the time of release) and addictiveness the following have a good shout:

Battlefield 1942 and BF2
HL series
Total Annihilation/Supreme Commander (basically the same game yeah?)
Deus Ex
Company of Heroes
The Total War series
Max Payne 1&2
CoD series (INCLUDING MW2 which despite all the moaners is still a great arcade-style FPS)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard