Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5799|Catherine Black
There is only one reason for people not to have killcam on their servers: They want to camp. What use does switching it off have other than revealing your position when you kill someone? This isn't a problem for someone who wants to move around, but for anyone who wants to camp, it's bad.

tl;dr killcam or you're bad.

thoughts?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5369|London, England
I've been pushing for no kill cams on my clans servers. I don't snipe very often but when I do I think it's rather ridiculous that my hiding spot is given away as soon as I get a kill. Or, if I'm not camping and I've pushed deep into the back I don't want them to know where I am either. Let them keep thinking it's someone in front of them instead of a guy in the back about to cap their flag.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Chou
+737|6801
Sometimes even with killcam on you couldn't spot the location of a sniper in the bush or trees and there's a trick to avoid killcam tracking when you're in a building, just nose dive into a wall and that's all it shows on cam.. the wall.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I think what bothers me the most is (and I do it too, trust me) that I'll be deep in the enemy rear with a full squad and I know he's sitting there counting off how many enemies are coming towards the flag to his teammates. You didn't even see me when you were alive but now that you're dead you see me and my 3-4-5-6 buddies all coming up behind you? Lame.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6511|so randum
killcam is fucking stupid. based on other games, if i want to break the mold of spawn>run at fire>die, i'd wander round the back with a silenced SMG, and kill them all. with killcam, you cant do that.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6008
Love when I play on a non killcam server and get behind a band of recons. I kill one and they keep spawning on eachother lel.
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6262|England

JohnG@lt wrote:

trust me that I'll be deep in the enemy rear .
Really.
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6008

smuder201 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Really.
Peeing in his butt.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6820|Marathon, Florida Keys

JohnG@lt wrote:

You know how i know your gay?
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6010|Vortex Ring State

smuder201 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Really.
pwned
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Children... children... children...
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6010|Vortex Ring State

JohnG@lt wrote:

Children... children... children...
DIDN'T start it I swear...

anyways, I agree with galt, don't need noobs respawning and taking you out.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
I agree OP.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6576|Area 51
/Disagree. With the spotting system that BC2 has, you won't stay hidden for very long anyways. And if you do manage not to get seen, you're probably not helping your team all that much..
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6141|Carnoustie MASSIF

Finray wrote:

There is only one reason for people not to have killcam on their servers: They want to camp. What use does switching it off have other than revealing your position when you kill someone? This isn't a problem for someone who wants to move around, but for anyone who wants to camp, it's bad.

thoughts?
tl;dr Finray thinks you're a noob if you snipe
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5799|Catherine Black

CammRobb wrote:

Finray wrote:

thoughts?
tl;dr Finray thinks you're a noob if you camp
fixd

E: for clarity, if I'm sniping I'll be so far away I can see you coming, or I'll be CQB so I'll be moving anyway.

Last edited by Finray (2010-05-10 15:43:05)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard