+2,187|6565|Mountains of NC

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
jord
+2,382|6675|The North, beyond the wall.
Daily hate
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England
I read that real Mexicans (the one's in Mexico) don't even celebrate this Mayo day and that it's basically another American hallmark invention like Valentines day and shit

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-05-06 08:39:52)

=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6362|California

Mekstizzle wrote:

I read that real Mexicans (the one's in Mexico) don't even celebrate this Mayo day and that it's basically another American hallmark invention like Valentines day and shit
caesar chavez day
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

Mekstizzle wrote:

It's more celebrated by Mexicans in the US... Mexicans in Mexico only celebrate their independence day... Cinco De Mayo was to celebrate kicking out French forces from Mexico in a battle. So yeah real mexicans never celebrate cinco de mayo (except for the ones who live in Puebla).

Last edited by Cybargs (2010-05-06 08:52:05)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6407|'Murka

The school district disagrees with the school's actions. Hopefully, some disciplinary action will be taken against the principal and vice principal for their buffoonery.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
ghettoperson
+1,943|6646

Mekstizzle wrote:

I believe it's celebrated in one (out of about 30) Mexican state.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

FEOS wrote:

The school district disagrees with the school's actions. Hopefully, some disciplinary action will be taken against the principal and vice principal for their buffoonery.
only in puebla, where the battle took place
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6539|Texas - Bigger than France
Well, if they were just sitting there wearing shit and weren't causing problems, then ok.  If they planned to stage a protest by wearing flags and plot to taunt Mexicans, then yeah, the principal was correct.

With that said, why would you want to make that statement anyway?  Let's prove we are more american than these other american students?  Stupid.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England

Mekstizzle wrote:

Close. It's an invention of the Corona Beer company as a marketing tool.

Edit - Totally unsubstantiated, it's just how I've always viewed it.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-05-06 10:18:24)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6713|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

JohnG@lt wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Close. It's an invention of the Corona Beer company as a marketing tool.

Edit - Totally unsubstantiated, it's just how I've always viewed it.
I always thought of it as Jose Cuervo day myself.  Probably a joint effort tbh.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6691|San Francisco
That's the high school I attended!  There were always battles between the hicks and the Mexicans on the 5th.  There was pretty much an all out brawl in our quad when I was a sophomore.  What other reason would you have to "show American pride" when you are just trying to be a troll?  Morgan Hill is an area full of farmers and migrant workers, and this type of cultural baiting happens all the time.  These guys got on the news for it, so I guess they trolled successfully...
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
+16|5168|Between your mama's legs.

Marconius wrote:

That's the high school I attended!  There were always battles between the hicks and the Mexicans on the 5th.  There was pretty much an all out brawl in our quad when I was a sophomore.  What other reason would you have to "show American pride" when you are just trying to be a troll?  Morgan Hill is an area full of farmers and migrant workers, and this type of cultural baiting happens all the time.  These guys got on the news for it, so I guess they trolled successfully...
Go Red Wings.

Fucking A Mexicans. Taking over tbh.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6691|San Francisco
Got some more info on the story.  There was a school-wide policy to not wear flags, no matter what country it was for.  They took away Mexican flags as well, and these dumbasses were given plenty of time and warning to remove the American flag apparel and just didn't comply with the school policy.  Media is spinning this way out of control...hooray.  Glad I don't live in Morgan Hill anymore.
Chou
+737|6787
So the media doesn't like Mexicans, huh..
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6378|the land of bourbon
the united states:

the only country where your own national pride isn't allowed if it bothers other people
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6710|Purplicious Wisconsin

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Assistant Principal Miguel Rodriguez asked two of them to remove their American flag bandannas...
Fucking Mexicans.

California isn't theres, I can't believe this crap. This sort of thing I don't put up with. Not being able to wear AMERICAN FLAG T-SHIRTS in the United STATES of AMERICA?

Holy crap I hope this guy gets his ass kicked by some Texas red-neck wearing American flag t-shirts and driving huge pickups with patriotic shit written over them.

Eh, sort of an EE post, sorry.
Some Texan rednecks wear confederate flag tshirts

steelie34 wrote:

the united states:

the only country where your own national pride isn't allowed if it bothers other people
Seriously, God I fucking hate democrats with them telling us what to do.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

Marconius wrote:

Got some more info on the story.  There was a school-wide policy to not wear flags, no matter what country it was for.  They took away Mexican flags as well, and these dumbasses were given plenty of time and warning to remove the American flag apparel and just didn't comply with the school policy.  Media is spinning this way out of control...hooray.  Glad I don't live in Morgan Hill anymore.
There it is guys. Look long and hard. It's called the truth.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

So, what's the policy at Morgan Hill on 7/4?
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Ilocano wrote:

Doubt the school is open on Independence day
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6691|San Francisco

Ilocano wrote:

Fourth of July happens in the summer.  We don't go to school in the summer.  *facepalm*
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Back during School times, our school would start summer holiday's around mid-July and restart early September. 'Course there's also no Independence day to celebrate here in the UK. History is written by the victor, the Normans never lost Britain after the 1066 invasion. So nowadays Britain is taught that the glorious Normans crushed the feeble Anglo Saxons for great justice
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6776|Great Brown North

Kmarion wrote:

Marconius wrote:

truth smuth, we're in the middle of hating people here
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5996|Vortex Ring State

Kmarion wrote:

Marconius wrote:

CRITICAL PIECE OF INFORMATION RIGHT THAR.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6402|North Carolina

Marconius wrote:

I'm not doubting you, but so far, I haven't read anything that shows this added tidbit.  Would you mind providing a link that states this?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard