Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|5080|Mountains of NC

In this picture, the camera focused on a different object that I wanted -- Is there a way for to take the picture and sharpen up the object I orginally wanted
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,621|4300|Catherine Black
You could try using the sharpen tool, under the blur tool.

https://i40.tinypic.com/14kwlfq.png
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,205|5322|Nårvei

Just save the original before you use sharpening tools, sharp too much and the picture is ruined ...

Kmarion and/or McMinty are the experts that I know of ... wait for their responces ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|5080|Mountains of NC

ok found the tool

then I put in a layer behind like if I was dropping the background

started using the sharpening tool but it seems to erase it and I see the layer behind it
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,621|4300|Catherine Black

SEREMAKER wrote:

ok found the tool

then I put in a layer behind like if I was dropping the background

started using the sharpening tool but it seems to erase it and I see the layer behind it
PM me the pic, I'll have a go. Difficult to help without knowing what you're specifically trying to do.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|4668|Vancouver | Canada
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you can't sharpen something you didn't focus on.

Well, you could..but then you'd have like...sharp blurriness.

But say you could:
Duplicate the layer.
Set the top layer's blending mode to....erm...whatever makes it look the same. Lighten? Don't know off the top of my head.
Use unsharp mask (or whatever you want) on the top layer.
Add a layer mask to the top layer.
Erase the parts in the mask that you don't want to appear sharp.
If you erase too much, you can paint the sharpness back in with a black brush and the mask selected.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2010-05-06 12:49:27)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|5143|Finland

DefCon-17 wrote:

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you can't sharpen something you didn't focus on.

Well, you could..but then you'd have like...sharp blurriness.
I know this is not the place to make witty comments, but I think only CSI can help him now.
I need around tree fiddy.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|4668|Vancouver | Canada

DonFck wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you can't sharpen something you didn't focus on.

Well, you could..but then you'd have like...sharp blurriness.
I know this is not the place to make witty comments, but I think only CSI can help him now.
Yeah, they can do shit like zoom in on someone's eye to see someone in the reflection of his/her eye....from a cellphone picture.



Totally realistic.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|5080|Mountains of NC

wait that shit ain't real ????????????

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|5112|132 and Bush

When I want to bring out details I'll make a duplicate layer, go into filters (others) and select high pass. Turn it up quite a bit and the under blending select overlay or soft light (weaker). Tweak to fit what you want. I find that way keeps the noise down whilst bringing out the edge details. I first saw this technique done here.


Edit, O', this is a depth of field problem. How bad is it?
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard