Poll

Since joining BF2S's D&ST, have your political views strayed to the...

Far Left9%9% - 6
Left7%7% - 5
Moderate Left19%19% - 12
Center (more or less)26%26% - 17
Moderate Right9%9% - 6
Right19%19% - 12
Far Right7%7% - 5
Total: 63
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England

eleven bravo wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Is "free market" capitalism the same as true capitalism?  Government intervention does not only occur under Democratic leadership.... aren't corporate subsidies just as intrusive to the free market as regulation and control?

If you want to call Obama a fascist why not just call Bush and every other President for the past.... uhh.. century a fascist?
no such thing as true capitalism.  never really has been.  people that think they are "conservatives" usually seem to be only against social welfare but have no problem with corporate welfare.
The tea partiers beg to differ... IJS.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX
The Tea Partiers are just like the other parties, they have plenty of things they are against but no positive plan for anything.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

The Tea Partiers are just like the other parties, they have plenty of things they are against but no positive plan for anything.
Kind of like the UKs Lib Dems?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5261|foggy bottom
the resistance to government run health care by keeping the curren system of welfare for health insurance companies?  also, you cant really speak for the tea party dude.  I know where you stand and dont really agree with much of you views but I understand the reasoning behind them and if i had your world view I just might be inclined to share em as well but I dont think anyone out there can convince that the majority of the tea party movement are politically aware and they arent just knee jerking it to a the election of a black president.  especially when so much that is spewed from that side is so divorced from reality its really scarey how strongly it may believed.
Tu Stultus Es
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Actually they do have plans but nobody paid them any attention until this point.
Tea partiers seem to be in favour of less of everything.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Actually they do have plans but nobody paid them any attention until this point.
Well, that's a plan is it not? The average sheep that is interviewed by the media is probably clueless. American media types have gone out of their way to marginalize them and make them look foolish. Don't take the sound bites you've seen as any indicative measure of what they would accomplish if they took power. Also, ignore Palin, she's just using them for her own ends. People like Rand Paul (Ron Paul's son) are perfectly capable of being quality leaders.

I will say this though, what started as a libertarian movement has been usurped by every type of angry right winger in this country. It no longer is what it started out to be

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-06-25 20:02:05)

-Frederick Bastiat
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Not at all like that.

The lib dems have loads of positive plans. They just never get to implement any of them (except now, sort of, a little bit).
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

Dilbert_X wrote:

This.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Well, that's a plan is it not? The average sheep that is interviewed by the media is probably clueless. American media types have gone out of their way to marginalize them and make them look foolish. Don't take the sound bites you've seen as any indicative measure of what they would accomplish if they took power. Also, ignore Palin, she's just using them for her own ends. People like Rand Paul (Ron Paul's son) are perfectly capable of being quality leaders.

I will say this though, what started as a libertarian movement has been usurped by every type of angry right winger in this country. It no longer is what it started out to be
Rand Paul and Ron Paul are very similar.  Half of their views are brilliant, but the other half are batshit fucking insane.

Granted, that is still better than a lot of politicians who offer nothing but shitty ideas.

Ron's a little better than his son though.  Rand is much more socially invasive than his father.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I wasn't really paying any attention to the quote-a-moron snippets, its just apart from being angry I don't know what the Tea-Party has in mind.
I will say this though, what started as a libertarian movement has been usurped by every type of angry right WHINGER in this country. It no longer is what it started out to be
Fixed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard