RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6604|Area 51
/want new maps, current ones are boring as shit.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5276|Cleveland, Ohio

RDMC wrote:

tis true.  why with all the singleplayer land can they not chop them up into mp maps?
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6382

11 Bravo wrote:

RDMC wrote:

tis true.  why with all the singleplayer land can they not chop them up into mp maps?
Because balancing takes time. They can´t just cut them up and let ppl play them in MP, they have to be optimised (at least a bit), concerning lines of fire and spawnpoints.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6428
I like the maps and all the route options. I would like more maps though.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6698|The darkside of Denver
Nuketown is besttown
11 Bravo
Banned

Sisco wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Because balancing takes time. They can´t just cut them up and let ppl play them in MP, they have to be optimised (at least a bit), concerning lines of fire and spawnpoints.
bollocks

been to nuketown lately?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6706

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Subjective experience:

Got to play a bit more multiplayer. At first I thought it was just the quiet uncommunicative community that was turning me off. As it turns out, it's mostly the map design. Everything looks laid out like a bunch of lego bricks dumped out onto the carpet. I don't mind a map design that favors circulation, but not at the expense of having 18 gajillion entries into every building from every direction and letting you see every pathway from dozens of angles. Cover and teamplay are both jokes.
Claymore and camera helps...  But yeah, with all the openings, it keeps you on your toes.  No more sniper in his spot with very little worry for someone coming from behind.  I like the maps this way.  Reduces camping.  Gotta keep shuffling about.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6382

11 Bravo wrote:

Sisco wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

bollocks

been to nuketown lately?
Not bollocks. Theres always a few maps who are poorly designed for MP, a part of todays gaming industry. Nevertheless, mindlessly dropping 5 meter wide tube levels from the SP won´t create the slightest joy.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6811|PNW

Ilocano wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Subjective experience:

Got to play a bit more multiplayer. At first I thought it was just the quiet uncommunicative community that was turning me off. As it turns out, it's mostly the map design. Everything looks laid out like a bunch of lego bricks dumped out onto the carpet. I don't mind a map design that favors circulation, but not at the expense of having 18 gajillion entries into every building from every direction and letting you see every pathway from dozens of angles. Cover and teamplay are both jokes.
Claymore and camera helps...  But yeah, with all the openings, it keeps you on your toes.  No more sniper in his spot with very little worry for someone coming from behind.  I like the maps this way.  Reduces camping.  Gotta keep shuffling about.
So do I, actually. Maps that encourage circulation are good. But I think that maps that force it are not. With the current system, people can spawn way too close to you, making buildings not only sloppily placed by the mappers, but ultimately useless. The fact that snipers as a class and weapon exist is also laughable, given the limited scope of these maps.

Also, the 'spot the trap' perk is way too accurate. I mean seriously, it lets you see the actual model of a claymore through a wall from across the map? And I really was expecting to see more Vietnam in Black Ops, but all everyone seems to play is Nuketown or that Soviet railyard. The first thing I saw when I fired up my CoD7 MP for the first time was CCCP on the side of a wall. Ugh, not Russians again. I've yet to see a jungle in a single deathmatch.

Trotskygrad wrote:

TEAMPLAY? CoD? AHAHAHAHA

seriously newbie, did you expect teamwork in CoD? I would be surprised if more than 2 CoD players could work together, that, and console technical limitations was why spec ops in MW2 was limited to 2 players.
Seriously, no. I didn't expect it at all. But even CoD4 had more people who used the mic in attack/defend mode and that team 'last-man-standing.'
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6706

Because the jungle maps suck.  The Russian maps are the most fun though.   Disclaimer: IMHO.

Speaking of spawn, at this one point, I was telling my son to just wait against the wall.  They'll keep spawning in front of you, facing away from you.  Within seconds, it was so for the next 3-5 enemies...  That shooting range map.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6811|PNW

Ilocano wrote:

Because the jungle maps suck.  The Russian maps are the most fun though.   Disclaimer: IMHO.
Well, I guess I can just go reinstall Battlefield Vietnam if I want to play a Vietnam game with Vietnam maps. Every aspect of CoD7 seems reluctant to actually put me there.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5970|Somewhere out in Space

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Well, I guess I can just go reinstall Battlefield Vietnam if I want to play a Vietnam game with Vietnam maps. Every aspect of CoD7 seems reluctant to actually put me there.
Maybe if the jungle maps weren't so piss poorly optimized that a i7 rig with 12GB ram and a 1.8GB 260 would struggle to run it at 30 fps on medium...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6811|PNW

Which is, of course, the game's fault.
Brasso
+1,549|6669

Ilocano wrote:

Speaking of spawn, at this one point, I was telling my son to just wait against the wall.  They'll keep spawning in front of you, facing away from you.  Within seconds, it was so for the next 3-5 enemies...  That shooting range map.
boy that sounds fun

64 player ffa shipment redux
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6509
the fucked up spawns are a mixed blessing

one on hand, killstreaks rape a little less

on the other, most maps/game-modes lack any and all tact
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6428
On the PC version do you get to vote on the next map?
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5075|Massachusetts, USA
No, rotations are locked, you can't switch teams and everybody and their mother uses a FAMAS.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|5007|Dundee, Scotland.
fucks sake I'm really struggling, can't wait till I get my i5 rig to play this the way it should be.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6693

Camm wrote:

fucks sake I'm really struggling, can't wait till Treyarch learns to program and optimize the way it should be.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6188|'straya
New patch soon. I wonder if they have managed to fix shit yet?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5827|Catherine Black

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6192|what

how was that a headshot at 14-15 second mark.

stupid game.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5827|Catherine Black
u just jelly
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
11 Bravo
Banned

west-phoenix-az wrote:

they dont?  lol owned
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6325|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

11 Bravo wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

they dont?  lol owned
Which means you can actually join a server with your favorite map even if it's the one few people like
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard