max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

In other news, our proprietary devices with a proprietary OS that can only run programs approved by us are great.

Good one, Steve
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

They just want to hide the fact that their processors are too slow for even the smallest Flash videos.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

There are more games and entertainment titles available for iPhone, iPod and iPad than for any other platform in the world.
I can ignore a bit of exaggeration or hyperbole like " best mobile browsing ever" but that is just blatantly untrue.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Benzin
+576|6000
I would have to agree with you, Tim. Android has made leaps and bounds over the iPhone OS and the best part about Android is that there are enough different form factors and price points that you get in at, you don't have to shell out a month's rent just for the device (unlike the iPhone).
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

There are more games and entertainment titles available for iPhone, iPod and iPad than for any other platform in the world.
I can ignore a bit of exaggeration or hyperbole like " best mobile browsing ever" but that is just blatantly untrue.

I dont know if he's ever heard of this little thing called a PC?
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6470

Winston_Churchill wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

No one uses those anymore. It's all about Mac nowadays.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

Winston_Churchill wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Yeh, there is likely more flash games than ipad/phone games. Ignoring every .exe entertainment/game on the PC.

Like I said, I dont really care about their autofellatio best browsing experience ever stuff but I dont see how Steve can blatantly lie like that in a "serious" article and expect you to take the rest of it at face value.

Last edited by TimmmmaaaaH (2010-04-30 07:32:18)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Benzin
+576|6000
Yea, but you guys do have to admit that Flash is rather a resource hog...
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

CapnNismo wrote:

Its rather insignificant when youre using post-Y2K technology
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6551|CH/BR - in UK

Winston_Churchill wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Or the new version of flash, which is to be much better on macs anyway. Fuck you, Steve Jobs. Always being stubborn about stuff and saying it's "good for the consumer". BS.

-kon
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Steve Jobs makes up facts to promote his products...

This is news?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6416|Finland

Apple = religion.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

max wrote:

In other news, our proprietary devices with a proprietary OS that can only run programs approved by us are great.

What a load of drivel.

Though to be fair he only picks up on the proprietary point in response to Adobe claiming Flash is open, which it blatantly isn't - and the alternatives to Flash are much better.
Benzin
+576|6000

Winston_Churchill wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

The whole debate is about mobile devices, though, which do not have all the technology in them that a standard computer (of whatever type) has.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

CapnNismo wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

The whole debate is about mobile devices, though, which do not have all the technology in them that a standard computer (of whatever type) has.
I was just saying that it should be able to run it.  They are apparently over 400 mobile devices able to run Flash, so why cant they?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard