ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
Monday's lawsuit filed in Manhattan federal court accused Goldman of making materially false and misleading statements about an Abacus collateralized debt obligation tied to subprime mortgages that regulators say it created and marketed though it was designed to lose money.

So, this is not an opinion of some distressed homeowner. The federal regulators said, and I post it again; it created and marketed though it was designed to lose money.

Those cock suckers created the bubble and they popped it.
Everyday that goes by that these vampires are not broken up is another day of injustice.

They fucked over millions of people and entire nations.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provid … d=11449890
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6404|North Carolina
I'll put it this way.  If Islamic terrorists ever decide to start attacking major banks, they might find a lot of Americans more willing to side with them than they'd probably expect.

Thankfully, terrorists aren't usually that smart.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5697
We need Eliot Spitzer tbh
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5993|Truthistan

Turquoise wrote:

I'll put it this way.  If Islamic terrorists ever decide to start attacking major banks, they might find a lot of Americans more willing to side with them than they'd probably expect.

Here I fixed it.....
"If Islamic terrorists ever decide to start attacking acting like major banks" and they use that power to bring down the American economy, I guess they wouldn't be terrorists.... They'd be captains of industry.

Its sad they would do more damage to us acting like GS, than like OBL.

I agree that "Thankfully, terrorists aren't usually that smart." Or it might be something in their religion that prohibits them for usuary and other economic crimes... hmmm wow.... Al Quida is more moral than GS
ruisleipa
+149|6221|teh FIN-land

Turquoise wrote:

Actually a really interesting point. There are more finanical thieves and vagabonds in Western nations that do more harm to our economies than any terrorists (or volcanos for that matter). And yet they go scot-free 99.99% of the time...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

ruisleipa wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Actually a really interesting point. There are more finanical thieves and vagabonds in Western nations that do more harm to our economies than any terrorists (or volcanos for that matter). And yet they go scot-free 99.99% of the time...
SEC is just covering their ass for the fuck ups. I thought the rating system was an independent government audit. There are never guaranteed returns in the stock market. You can also blame the boom and bust on low interest rates set by the fed as well.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Reciprocity
+721|6579|the dank(super) side of Oregon

ruisleipa wrote:

They're called enterprising capitalists.  They're the innovative engines of our economy.  They need be cultivated and nurtured,  not bound by laws and regulations.
ruisleipa
+149|6221|teh FIN-land

Cybargs wrote:

There are never guaranteed returns in the stock market.
unless you engage in fraud and theft, fuck up your business, then get bailed out by the taxpayer...pretty guaranteed return then.

Reciprocity wrote:

They're called enterprising capitalists.  They're the innovative engines of our economy.  They need be cultivated and nurtured,  not bound by laws and regulations.
Or...they're thieves who steal from their customers and taxpayers, try to avoid paying taxes wherever possible, and should be bound by stronger laws to protect their investors att he very least.

You're gonna have to do a pretty brilliant job of presenting your argument that there shouldn't be any laws or regulations covering these people tbh...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

ruisleipa wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

There are never guaranteed returns in the stock market.
unless you engage in fraud and theft, fuck up your business, then get bailed out by the taxpayer...pretty guaranteed return then.

Reciprocity wrote:

Or...they're thieves who steal from their customers and taxpayers, try to avoid paying taxes wherever possible, and should be bound by stronger laws to protect their investors att he very least.

You're gonna have to do a pretty brilliant job of presenting your argument that there shouldn't be any laws or regulations covering these people tbh...
That's why there should never be fucking bail outs in the first place. Yeah they steal money from their customer, but you must be pretty fucking dumb not to see great returns without knowing the risks. That's why you manage your own funds and not just ride on someones advise and expect everything to go well.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

Reciprocity wrote:

You can say that about companies which actually have a product to sell.
Companies which just find new ways of moving money around not so much.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
ruisleipa
+149|6221|teh FIN-land

Cybargs wrote:

That's why there should never be fucking bail outs in the first place. Yeah they steal money from their customer, but you must be pretty fucking dumb not to see great returns without knowing the risks. That's why you manage your own funds and not just ride on someones advise and expect everything to go well.
Basically you're right. Problem is when the big bankers play roulette with the little people's savings and pensions, lose it, then they NEED bailouts otherwise the little people who haven't even made any decision to enter any investment markets beytond putting their money in a ('safe') bank just lose everything. So the bailout comes and most of it goes in the w/bankers pockets. I'm talking more about banks like Northern Rock than big investment companies. Personally I couldn't give a fuck if some investor put in half a mill then lost it due to dodgy dealings. It's all a mechanism for satisfying one's greed anyway.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

ruisleipa wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Basically you're right. Problem is when the big bankers play roulette with the little people's savings and pensions, lose it, then they NEED bailouts otherwise the little people who haven't even made any decision to enter any investment markets beytond putting their money in a ('safe') bank just lose everything. So the bailout comes and most of it goes in the w/bankers pockets. I'm talking more about banks like Northern Rock than big investment companies. Personally I couldn't give a fuck if some investor put in half a mill then lost it due to dodgy dealings. It's all a mechanism for satisfying one's greed anyway.
Actually most investment bankers aren't "evil" they're just fucking stupid with money when assessing risk and promising LOADS of people great returns on the stock market.

Never bet your pensions in fucking stocks. If you do, manage your own money. Little people just agree to playing roulette with the big banks. Not that hard to make a ton of profit when the market comes in an upswing (like right now).
Reciprocity
+721|6579|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Dilbert_X wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

moving money is the engine of our economy.  goods and services are so passé.
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6484|England

Turquoise wrote:

you've got one sitting in the white house.

Last edited by LostFate (2010-04-27 10:03:21)

BLdw
+27|5170|M104 "Sombrero"

Turquoise wrote:

Well, someone could say 9/11 was an attack against U.S capitalism, military, and leadership (-failed) and civilian casualties were just collateral damage.

Last edited by BLdw (2010-04-27 10:40:34)

ATG
Banned
Gs does have a product line; fraud and ruin.

I am surprised more brits aren't just as pissed at george sorros.  He fucked you guys hard.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Reciprocity wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

moving money is the engine of our economy.  goods and services are so passé.
I'm going to assume you're trolling.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Finger pointing.

tbh
Turquoise
O Canada

LostFate wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

you've got one sitting in the white house.
Been watching Glenn Beck, I see?

BLdw wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Well, someone could say 9/11 was an attack against U.S capitalism, military, and leadership (-failed) and civilian casualties were just collateral damage.
True, the attack on the WTC was certainly against multinational corporations as much as it was against our government, but at the same time, it had far too much collateral to have the same effect I was hinting at.

For example, had they instead blown up the car of the CEO of say...  Goldman Sachs...  then people would be like...  "Damn...  I actually kind of sympathize with that."   The same could apply for AIG.

The thing is...  I think more people realize that the fat cats on Wall Street have been fucking us pretty hard for the last couple decades, so if an attack on them was more "surgical", so to speak, then it wouldn't have the same effect as something like 9/11.  Granted, I realize the terrorists have no interest in getting us to side with them.

Basically, I was just throwing out a strange hypothetical.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5236|Cleveland, Ohio
oil speculators do this everyday and nobody cares.
Turquoise
O Canada

11 Bravo wrote:

oil speculators do this everyday and nobody cares.
Fair point...  they need to see some jail time too.
Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5162

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Finger pointing.

tbh
Pretty much. I was watching the 'highlight' reel of the testimony on Huffingtonpost, and despite HP best attempt to make the bankers look bad, it just showed that the congress committee really doesn't know what the hell they are talking about.

I'll have to watch the entire hearing but if the best that HP, a super anti banking leftwing website, could come up with was a highlight reel of GS making the congress look like dumbasses than I doubt there'll be any progress at all.
ATG
Banned
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
Similar to how that accounting firm helped Enron and went bust because of it, but maybe GS is too big for that
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
GS may be broken up, thats the Obama plan.
Then when they're small enough they can go bust.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard