11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5381|Cleveland, Ohio

pace51 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

pace51 wrote:

Yes... working on Piper Grasshopper, and will look up the cessna

A-10, and sopwith camel are on the way too.
i dont think anyone here ever flew a grasshoper
Hmmm. AU-23 Peacemaker?
no like i said.  cessna 172/152 or piper arrow/archer.  pretty much the most common light training aircraft.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5317|Markham, Ontario

11 Bravo wrote:

pace51 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

i dont think anyone here ever flew a grasshoper
Hmmm. AU-23 Peacemaker?
no like i said.  cessna 172/152 or piper arrow/archer.  pretty much the most common light training aircraft.
Light training? Sure. I'll look them up.

Is a T-45 out of the question...?

Yes I'll look up the Cessna 172
11 Bravo
Banned
do what you want dude...just a suggestion if you want to expand outside of military aircraft.
pace51
Boom?

11 Bravo wrote:

do what you want dude...just a suggestion if you want to expand outside of military aircraft.
alrite. Sorry, I'm just pretty stubborn. And very clueless when it comes to non-military aircraft.
pace51
Boom?
Alright, I added pictures of the A-10 warthogs.
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6444
No Need To Bump It Everytime You Edit First Post

Just Edit

Canada #1
pace51
Boom?

Backupwayback wrote:

No Need To Bump It Everytime You Edit First Post

Just Edit

Canada #1
I do it so people know when I add new features.
13rin
+977|6623
I love the A-10.  Thanks.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,738|6881|Oxferd Ohire

pace51 wrote:

Alright. Ladies and gentlemen, I present... the A-10 thunderbolt II. BF2 warthog fans, here you go!
More like Allied Intent Xtended mod rape amirite?
<3 A-10
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pace51
Boom?
Thurs. Apr. 29/10                                Pace51

Real World Biographies: The Fighter Aces of the Great War

Below are the biographies of four extremely famous world war one Aces. Yes, I am trying to find a biography on Billy Bishop. All the biographies are not too long a read, but are information packed. Yes, I used my “Fighter Aircraft- by Francis Crosby” for this information. That is my source.

Albert Ball of Britain- 44 Kills

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/AlbertBallPortrait.JPG

He was the first famous publicly advertised ace, and the press loved him. However, his kills were not propaganda. He was actually a good pilot. When the war began, Ball was studying engineering. He was originally in the army, but decided to transfer to the Royal Flying Corps circa 1915. In 1916, he arrived in France. He was soon notorious for being pretty fearless and he had an excellent shot, and in Late June, obtained his first “kill”. Whether the enemy pilot bailed out or not is unknown. In a total of three months flying over the Somme, he got a total of 30 kills, which is quite the achievement, roughly 10 kills a month. On may 16, he got his 44th and last kill, a German Albatross D.III. Then, on May 7, 1917, Balls unit encountered a very famous, and particular German squadron. This squadron was called Jagdstaffel 11. This was the Red Baron’s squadron, by far the best ace of the war, and his men were very good fighters, just like Richtofen. After a brief skirmish, the pilots saw Albert fly into a thundercloud. No-one knows what exactly happened, but seconds before Balls plane crashed, a German field officer spotted Ball’s plane leaving the thundercloud, inverted, with a dead propeller. There was no sign of Ball. It is likely he attempted to bail, fell out, or was struck by lightning. Also, a thundercloud would’ve put brutal strain on his fighter. He was only 20 years old. Britain posthumously awarded him the Victoria Cross. The morale of the RFC was shaken quite badly.

Edward Rickenbacker of the United States- 26 Kills

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/Eddie-rickenbacker.jpg

Considering the USA joined at the end of the war, 26 kills is a great accomplishment. Although, the only real enemy in WW1 was your own government. Before WW1, Eddie was a famous racer. In France in 1917, Rickenbacker was General Pershing’s personal Chauffeur. He really wanted to fight so he transferred to the US Army Aviation Section, as an engineering officer, but after he learned to fly he joined  the 94th Aero Squadron in March 1918. After flying first the Nieuport 28’s and then SPAD’s, he got 26 kills by the end of the war. Even more remarkable was that he was stuck in the hospitable for 2 of his 8 combat flying months. In September 1918, Rickenbacker became commanding officer of the 94th and was much older than those under his command, being born in 1890. Unlike many other Aces, Rickenbacker survived WW1 and was America’s leading fighter ace.

Manfred von Richtofen (The “Red Baron” of Germany- 80 kills

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/64/Mvrredbaron.jpg

The Red Baron was definitely the best fighter the Germans had to offer. He also used some of the best planes the Germans had to offer, like the Albatross, and most famous, the Fokker DRI Triplane, painted bright red for Manfred. In 1911, he joined a cavalry regiment, and in May 1915, he joined the German Air Service. Although he joined as an observer, he later earned his pilot wings that year, which are the first step in life as an airman. He fought very briefly against the Russians, and due to the Russians having corrupt officers, tampered equipment, and bad morale because the Russian soldiers knew how bad their situation was, the Russian front was an easy fight. After transferring to fight over France, he got his first kill on September 17, 1916. On January 16, 1917, he was given command of his very own squadron. Jagdstaffel 11. The, on june 26, after the Ball incident, Von Ritchofen received command Jagdgeschwader 1(Say that three times fast), which was composed of 4 Staffeln (Squadron’s)  that became known as Ritchofen’s Flying Circus. These squadrons were composed of the deadliest and best German aces, and Ritchofen wanted the triple Aalliance to know that they were fighting the best aces of all time. Which was pretty true. His Albatross D.III was painted bright red. The significance of that is, do you know how highly visible it was? There was no mistaking it. However, it almost all ways killed you, and pretty much always shot you down. In july 1917, he got a serious head wound, but somehow managed to crash-land his Albatros D.V. Then, Ritchofen received his brand shiny new red Fokker DRI triplane. You know how biplane’s had good handling? Triplanes had unreal handling. And great climb. On April 20, 1918, he got his last kill, an RAF Sopwith Camel. The next day, the Red Baron solely engaged Canadian Wilfrid May who was in an R.E.8. Wwhat happened is unclear, but it appears that, when dogfighting may, Ritchofen either was shot by May or hit by a single bullet, which could’ve been from the trenches. The bullet hit him, not the plane.

Charles Nungesser of France- 45 Kills

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Charles_Nungesser.jpg

Billy Bishop of Canada- Researching

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BillyBishop.jpg

Other Aces and War Heroes (Any war)

Michael Whittman-

Last edited by pace51 (2010-04-30 10:59:58)

pace51
Boom?
Alrite, uploaded pictures of the fighter aces in their profiles. Thanks to M.O.A.B. For the pictures.

Oh, and yes, Taiwan originally told me to do RWF's on people, too, so thanks to him, too.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6803|The darkside of Denver
Do a RWF on Michael Whittman.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/68/Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1983-108-29%2C_Michael_Wittmann.jpg/250px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1983-108-29%2C_Michael_Wittmann.jpg

Last edited by SonderKommando (2010-04-30 10:56:09)

pace51
Boom?
Uploaded guide to the HF-24.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6644|so randum
dont bump your thread.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6765|London, England
can you stop fucking deleting your posts and then rebumping your threads, 5 days 18 hours ago is the last time someone else besides you made a meaningful post in this thread

I mean, you need to accept that fundamental message
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6803|The darkside of Denver
bump.  Where the F is my michael whittman RWF, also do RWF on Panzerkampfwagen VI. Tanks > planes
pace51
Boom?

SonderKommando wrote:

bump.  Where the F is my michael whittman RWF, also do RWF on Panzerkampfwagen VI. Tanks > planes
LIES. I'll try to get a tank RWF, but planes pwn tanks. Opinion, but, they do.

BTW, RWF requests take a little while to get too. I'll try to get that RWF, but you might know everything about it already.

But I'll do it.

Last edited by pace51 (2010-05-06 09:50:16)

pace51
Boom?
Alrite, Uploaded my second heli guide, on the AH-1 Cobra
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6143|Vortex Ring State
Imma Maek One Of These

And It Will Be Epic.
pace51
Boom?
Alrite, Boulton-Paul Defiant guide added.
11 Bravo
Banned

FatherTed wrote:

dont bump your thread.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6644|so randum

11 Bravo wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

dont bump your thread.

BF2s Rules wrote:

13.  Post "stacking" or "bumping" is generally discouraged. If no one cared the first time, they probably won't care the second and third times.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6954|Nårvei

I suggest you change your style pace, update with whatever you have done and "bump" it once a week or something with the changes made listed clearly in the bumping post ... once a week is sufficient ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
pace51
Boom?

Last edited by pace51 (2010-05-19 10:53:14)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6954|Nårvei

And to those of you who keeps giving offensive karma to pace51, I will ban you if it doesn't stop ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard