eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Marlo Stanfield wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

cant wait till white people are the minority
That's probably when the real hard racism will begin. You know when the well developed white group becomes a minority among a large undeveloped majority. Unless the current minority communities begin to show some improvement right now, I doubt it'll be very fun years.
Why does it have to be about race?

Why can't it be about citizenship. If we were to go to war against Mexico do you think the illegals would be on our fighting side?

I think that's the world population, so it's the same.. Besides Spanish people are white, durrr...
how the hell is the world population the same as the national population?  youre joking right?
Tu Stultus Es
Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5170

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Marlo Stanfield wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

cant wait till white people are the minority
That's probably when the real hard racism will begin. You know when the well developed white group becomes a minority among a large undeveloped majority. Unless the current minority communities begin to show some improvement right now, I doubt it'll be very fun years.
Why does it have to be about race?

Why can't it be about citizenship. If we were to go to war against Mexico do you think the illegals would be on our fighting side?

I think that's the world population, so it's the same.. Besides Spanish people are white, durrr...
Um he is the one who mentioned the racial aspect of things.

Citizenship is important but so is culture. The one reason I'm against deporting 'anchor babies' is because despite their race they are still culturally American.

I know Spanish people are white, despite me being on the brown side, I'm only holding a French last name with a father who is as white as bread.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6703|NJ
what national populatioN? As I said I just pulled it off the website and I don't care. IS that our national population right now?

Well to everyone who is here and have learned to be American, think about your kids. Think about all the crime cause by the illegals in this country and want to make your country better?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom
66% of the USA are non hispanic whites
Tu Stultus Es
Marlo Stanfield
+122|5170

eleven bravo wrote:

well I wouldnt think white people would be a majority in china.  thanks for double checking
I mean that unless minorities begin to show some real improvement within our/their/whatever communities it'll still be the mostly whites holding most of the wealth and power while the darkies are left largely poor and weak. Since human beings react negatively if they feel threatened, it wouldn't surprise me if institutional racism in higher levels businesses becomes more prevalent towards whites showing favoritism towards other whites.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6396
Has any one actually read the bill?

I believe this is the version that was signed into law:
http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp … b1070h.htm

B.  For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of this state or a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person, except if the determination may hinder or obstruct an investigation.  Any person who is arrested shall have the person's immigration status determined before the person is released.  The person's immigration status shall be verified with the federal government pursuant to 8 United States code section 1373(c).  A law enforcement official or agency of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state may not solely consider race, color or national origin in implementing the requirements of this subsection except to the extent permitted by the United States or Arizona Constitution.  A person is presumed to not be an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States if the person provides to the law enforcement officer or agency any of the following:

1.  A valid Arizona driver license.

2.  A valid Arizona nonoperating identification license.

3.  A valid tribal enrollment card or other form of tribal identification.

4.  If the entity requires proof of legal presence in the United States before issuance, any valid United States federal, state or local government issued identification.
Right now when an Arizona officer (state/local) comes in contact with an illegal they have to call a Federal agency to handle it. The Feds don't do shit and the local police have to release them. This bill allows the local police to do something about it since the Feds refuse to.

BTW: You left out some other important quotes in the OP
"Racial profiling is illegal. It is illegal in America, and it's certainly illegal in Arizona," Brewer said.

The bill is considered to be among the toughest immigration measures in the nation. Supporters say the measure is needed to fill a void left by the federal government's failure to enforce its immigration laws.

This week, its leading sponsor, state Sen. Russell Pearce, said, "Illegal is not a race; it's a crime."

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2010-04-23 15:35:41)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Marlo Stanfield
+122|5170

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Well to everyone who is here and have learned to be American, think about your kids. Think about all the crime cause by the illegals in this country and want to make your country better?
I'm against illegal immigration, don't make a mistake on that. I do think the National Guard show me put on the border as well as some other reform made to immigration law.

I just don't see the good side of deporting people who have all of their lives been culturally American.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5709|College Park, MD
I just wanna know how someone looks illegal. Obviously they can't fully disclose what they will use as a determinant, but what will cause a cop to ask you for your papers?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Marlo Stanfield
+122|5170

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I just wanna know how someone looks illegal. Obviously they can't fully disclose what they will use as a determinant, but what will cause a cop to ask you for your papers?
Lets be serious, only Mexicans, Filipinos, and Arabs are going to be seriously checked. The law wouldn't be bad if it just said "Everyone arrested will have to show proof of citizenship".
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5709|College Park, MD

Marlo Stanfield wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Lets be serious, only Mexicans, Filipinos, and Arabs are going to be seriously checked. The law wouldn't be bad if it just said "Everyone arrested will have to show proof of citizenship".
Yep. So how is that NOT racial profiling (which is what the bill claims it isn't)?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
west-phoenix-az
+632|6396

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

B.  For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency
It's not lawful for an officer to just walk up to you and request your papers. You need to be doing something wrong, suspected of doing something wrong or reported as doing something wrong.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

B.  For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency
It's not lawful for an officer to just walk up to you and request your papers. You need to be doing something wrong, suspected of doing something wrong or reported as doing something wrong.
dont know many police officers do ya?

Last edited by eleven bravo (2010-04-23 15:42:48)

Tu Stultus Es
Marlo Stanfield
+122|5170

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Marlo Stanfield wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Yep. So how is that NOT racial profiling (which is what the bill claims it isn't)?
Ding Ding Ding, it isn't.
west-phoenix-az
+632|6396

eleven bravo wrote:

dont know many police officers do ya?
I know some officers and I know there are crooked cops out there, whats your point?

BTW: I also know many American's that are Hispanic/Latino that wanted this to pass because they are sick of the illegals.

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2010-04-23 15:49:41)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom
as it is now, a police officer could stop you, detain you and book you without you having committed a single crime.  I know this from personal experience, from serving with LAPD, LASD, san gabriel PD and OCSD police officers in the army and from studying the law.  obstruction of justice is a cops arrest anyone card.  As long as the police report is worded in a way that would hold up in court, its solid gold evidence.
Tu Stultus Es
Marlo Stanfield
+122|5170

eleven bravo wrote:

as it is now, a police officer could stop you, detain you and book you without you having committed a single crime.  I know this from personal experience, from serving with LAPD, LASD, san gabriel PD and OCSD police officers in the army and from studying the law.  obstruction of justice is a cops arrest anyone card.  As long as the police report is worded in a way that would hold up in court, its solid gold evidence.
"Why would I take your word over a distinguished officer?''
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom
exactly
Tu Stultus Es
13/f/taiwan
+940|5705

eleven bravo wrote:

and if you pissed them off a bit(e.g. say "fuck the police" which is perfectly legal) they can make sure you get lost in central booking for a week or two.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom
that depends on the department

my case I was released within 4 hours on OR
Tu Stultus Es
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6536|Global Command

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/04/23/obama.immigration/index.html?hpt=T1

The bill requires immigrants  to carry their alien registration documents at all times and requires police to question people if there's reason to suspect they're in the United States illegally. It also targets those who hire illegal immigrant day laborers or knowingly transport them.

Previously, officers could check someone's immigration status if the person is suspected in another crime.
A lot of people are arguing that this is going to lead to nothing more than racial profiling... I agree. They say there won't be racial profiling but let's be real. A cop looking at a European-looking guy in a polo and shorts probably won't ask him for his green card, but a Mexican in raggedy work clothes will be asked.

I'm actually surprised that it requires you to carry your documents at all times... I thought that was already the law... at least, it is with green cards. I've had to keep mine on my person since I turned 18.

I support immigration reform, but not like this.
I don't care about profiling.
I don't care about a immigrants sad story, I want the law enforced.

There is no bigger issue facing american citizens than the complete abdication of responsibilty by the feds when it comes to the border with Mexico.

Obama comments that arizonas laws are " dangerous and irresponsible " are what suggest to be the guy may well be a illegal alien from kenya, because you'd have to be either a illegal alien or the emptyheaded morons who justify their running helter skelter everywhere. Our policy is madness.

Obama is a fool and a unqualified buffoon. Saddly, he is also a president. Immigration reform means wholesale amnesty and it is a wetdream of the left who don't see people who need infrastructure and services.  They only see the illegal immigrants as potential voters. 

Pretty disgusting.
west-phoenix-az
+632|6396

eleven bravo wrote:

They get away with it on citizens, so why not illegals too?
13rin
+977|6486
I'm not sure I agree with the timing on this one.  Some where in the WH, there a lackey drafting/editing a comprehensive, sweeping, immigration reform bill that will be rolled out and jammed through in the next few days.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
west-phoenix-az
+632|6396
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6536|Global Command
All illegal immigration is a crime. No matter what the coolor of the criminals skin.

To even bring race into a debate about the border is silly. Who fucking cars where you are from?  Gtfo.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|6001|Truthistan

ATG wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/04/23/obama.immigration/index.html?hpt=T1

The bill requires immigrants  to carry their alien registration documents at all times and requires police to question people if there's reason to suspect they're in the United States illegally. It also targets those who hire illegal immigrant day laborers or knowingly transport them.

Previously, officers could check someone's immigration status if the person is suspected in another crime.
A lot of people are arguing that this is going to lead to nothing more than racial profiling... I agree. They say there won't be racial profiling but let's be real. A cop looking at a European-looking guy in a polo and shorts probably won't ask him for his green card, but a Mexican in raggedy work clothes will be asked.

I'm actually surprised that it requires you to carry your documents at all times... I thought that was already the law... at least, it is with green cards. I've had to keep mine on my person since I turned 18.

I support immigration reform, but not like this.
I don't care about profiling.
I don't care about a immigrants sad story, I want the law enforced.

There is no bigger issue facing american citizens than the complete abdication of responsibilty by the feds when it comes to the border with Mexico.

Obama comments that arizonas laws are " dangerous and irresponsible " are what suggest to be the guy may well be a illegal alien from kenya, because you'd have to be either a illegal alien or the emptyheaded morons who justify their running helter skelter everywhere. Our policy is madness.

Obama is a fool and a unqualified buffoon. Saddly, he is also a president. Immigration reform means wholesale amnesty and it is a wetdream of the left who don't see people who need infrastructure and services.  They only see the illegal immigrants as potential voters. 

Pretty disgusting.
This isn't directed at you ATG, its a more general comment

If you want to embarrass PBO on this subject, its really easy. AZ has gone about this in the wrong way. Don't go after the illegals... go after the money. We're in a recession so govt revenues are down. the federal govt shouldn't be offloading the costs of illegal immigration on local govts and counties so this is what AZ and the other border states should do.

Pass a state law that obligates the hospitals and law enforcement to seperately account for the costs of the care and incarceration of illegals. Then have these locals govts bill the state govt. Then the state govts can bill the federal govt and that's where you make a huge stink out of it. You get McCain and the oterh senators to write some legislation accepting federal responisibility for these costs.

Then the argument is not cops harrassing illegals and brown citizens... it will be about how PBO refuses to care for illegals and how the federal govt is forcing local taxpayers to pay for federal policy in the middle of a recession.... it would be a no win situtation for PBO, either take the political black eye or pay up. It would also shift the focus on immigration reform in a way that would not look like retarded minute men running around with guns, or cops bullying people because you will never win that PR war.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard